Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

well got all the accessories bolted up except the alternator. ran into a little snag with the block not having a hole for the center bolt on the bracket so looks like its getting held on with two bolts. other then that waiting to get the intake then its good to go

the headers arre all heat wrapped too so we will see how much heat that keeps out of the engine bay

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Well a closing update here i guess you could say:

All installed and running, waterpump decided that it wanted to piss EVERYWHERE so replaced it and painted the new one:

its a little dirty but you get the point lol

Got it all back together and street tuned (wanted over 700 to dyno tune and im not made of money) drove great, had a nearly perfect powerband just like i had planned and built it for and then the very last rocker arm on the pass side decided it wanted to break itsself out of the head making the heads NON F'N FIXABLE. well at this point i was DONE with the car luckily i had a pair of good 241's laying around, it had been nothing but problem after problem and i simply couldnt allow myself to keep throwing money into something that only runs half the damn time. so i traded it in at my work and got enough out of it and got a daily. sad to see i know after all of this work, time and money just to get rid of it but it is the smartest financial decision on my part ESPECIALLY since im looking to buy a house in august.

this is what the head looked like when it broke, originally thought it was a headgasket because of how it acted and smoked bright white

Look at the top by the GM stamp, was paper thin because of how much the heads were ported, im assuming that is why it broke away

and another

and guess what is the plan for my next car/truck???
    68 stepside Turbo ls swap. hope it to be your "average" 600hp cruiser that occasionally sees track and street races
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information