Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

When don't Women piss us men off

Reef......

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

murdered out 06 z06

marriage... lolol

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    When don't Women piss us men off

Reef......

I don't know. But I do know that men piss me off all the time. On a daily basis as a matter of fact

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

we didnt live together for a few reasons...i was up for the idea, but her family is heavily religious....so that was a no-no....dads a preacher.

I also really enjoy my alone time, and wanted to enjoy my last months of it.

We both feel that co-habitating creates dependencies, and that we would end up staying together out of convenience rather than love.

And lastly, our living situations at the time worked for us

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Two words stuck out to me. Art major. Artsy people are alwys messy. The clutter is part of their expression or some shit.

If she refuses to acknowledge and start helping then you need to sit her down and tell her that you either need to go to therapy or she needs to move out.
    1999 Z/28

M6 w/ Hurst shifter and SLP skip shift eliminator, drilled rotors, Y3F package, SLP lid w/ K&N filter, VFN fiberglass 2" cowl hood, TSP 1 3/4" headers & ORY

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    Two words stuck out to me. Art major. Artsy people are alwys messy. The clutter is part of their expression or some shit.

If she refuses to acknowledge and start helping then you need to sit her down and tell her that you either need to go to therapy or she needs to move out.
    Artsy people are not always messy

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Artsy people are not always messy
    never met one that wasn't. and i've dated a few artsy people...and known many many more. sure not all of them are messy but the vast majority of them are.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I didn't catch how long you've been married but I'm guessing you're a relative short timer. These are the types of problems you run into early on but the trick is figuring out the solution. I can tell you up front the solution isn't to think of it as "when we got married I said I would do x and she would do y". That stuff never works out. You develope into the roles and you have to adapt to how things actually are. You can either get pissed and bitter about things or just get them done. The dishes and laundry definitely will not do themselves so if you want them done then you probably should do them. Our house here has definitely went through some role changes since we've gotten married. My wife aside from working has things she does because she's better at it and/or she enjoys it. She does all the shopping because that's her thing and when I shop we end up with a ton of shit that we don't need. She also handles all the bills because she's really organized that way and is just plain better at it. I'm in charge of the house, cars, yard, and all that kinda thing. We didn't split this stuff up per se......it's just how we do it. I don't bitch about her not doing anything and she doesn't bitch about me not doing it. If we need something from the store that she forgot to buy I go get it and if laundry needs done she does it. Getting pissed about it doesn't change the fact we don't have it. It's tricky. My advice would be to take care of whatever needs taking care of and go from there. You don't have to rub it in her face....just explain to her how you are as far as liking things organized. You can't really hold her to your same standards because they're not her standards.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Yall made some good points, I went to bed right after i posted this, and she was still in bed, it appears that she spent quite a bit of the day cleaning, which in turn resulted in me missing a lot of sleep, but I'm used to that.

But now I'm up, her car is gone, and one of her guy friends jeep is in front of my house.....
    Whoa dude wtf you're ok with her just hanging out with "guy friends"? I put that in quotes because there's no such thing as a guy friend....we all know this. What's also messed up is you guys barely have time together as is...spending it with someone else is messed up.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Women aren't allowed to have guy friends? Sounds like insecurity to me.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Impulse Blue
    2005 a4 GTO

Im not for the guy friend thing. Ones that have been true and trust worthy from the past sure, but a new guy i "met at work" ef no. Call it what you like but you and i both know how men and women are, and there shouldnt be any doubt left to question. Plus Texas is huge and im sure i could dig a hole somewhere that no one would find

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I guess I shouldnt have felt so bad after the thread I posted. Its almost the same. My wife works alot and I do all the stuff you said. Ill keep things neat and then she gets pissed
    because she cant find anything.Cant win.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    Yeah she is more pissed that I drove drunk. In the start of our marriage I did alot of stupid things. I once traded her car in while she was away because I wanted a truck then put a several thousand dollar stereo system in. I could go on and on. Yeah I used to say fuck it and no matter what I did I told her too bad. She stuck with me through all that and I finally see it. Its not that I dont have balls Im trying to make things a little more even. I can put things on my credit card but when I continue to do things I dont need, like going
    out is when she is not happy. Last year we finally paid of $6000 of credit card debt. Now usually if we cant get it paid off or have the money to do so we dont do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    I guess I shouldnt have felt so bad after the thread I posted. Its almost the same. My wife works alot and I do all the stuff you said. Ill keep things neat and then she gets pissed
    because she cant find anything.Cant win.
    Judging solely of your previous post's and this winner I quoted, I believe your wife gets mad when she can't find anything because you traded it/sold it. Your in a different ballpark, maybe even a different game then the original poster.

Ray Charles blue

Marriage.....not just word but also a sentence.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah theyve been friends forever, a lot longer than i've known her. I don't know the guy SUPER well, but well enough to know that hes the type of guy that other guys women are strictly off limits.

And he had come over for reason, she was going to shave his head into a mohawk and dye it pink for a wedding they went to today, I wouldn't go due to work

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Get rid of her lazy ass. She is not worth the trouble that you are going through. A divorce may cost you half of your stuff but in the long run it will pay off big. I know many of my friends who have been down this road and they are much happier today. Just do it now and feel better tomorrow.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

And that is why marriages end in divorce 70% of the time. People put in no effort and just run at the first sign of trouble or a problem.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Get rid of her lazy ass. She is not worth the trouble that you are going through. A divorce may cost you half of your stuff but in the long run it will pay off big. I know many of my friends who have been down this road and they are much happier today. Just do it now and feel better tomorrow.
    If I had to bet I would bet you've never been married or divorced......

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    If I had to bet I would bet you've never been married or divorced......
    Sorry, you lose that bet. I am with the same woman for 30 years and married 27 of them. Raised two children both finishing college. Have our retirement situation under control, have been in our own house for 20 years and never cheated on each other. The wife drives an 04 GTO and I have an 02 SS. We race, cruise, vacation, party and even work together. I reason I said to cash in his chips is by what I read. Hell, don't you think we went through some tough times ? We have. Plenty of them. We just work as a team for the good of the family and we would never post family business on the internet. I have friends who have been divorced but they never worked at marrage. It takes hard work to get to this point. We are also Catholics and members of the NRA. You have to have rules in life and follow them.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    You never know someone until you live with them. Especially in todays world, there's no reason not to live with someone for at least a year (preferably two) before getting married. It would lower the divorce rate i'm sure.
    Just read an article on that, said it makes absolutely no difference.

And OP, yea you can blame her for being messing, but you can also blame yourself for letting it get to the point that it's at. Control your woman, you own her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information