Honestly,I'm not the first owner of my Australian built 2002 Model Holden VY SS Commodore which is fitted with the 5.7 litre Chevrolet LS1 V8 engine but it missed a few oil changes before I bought it back in 2008 meaning I eventually had to replace the hydraulic lifters in the engine which jammed up in the engine block due to becoming mushroomed,all the gaskets & oil were also replaced & I threw a new Rollmaster timing chain & sprocket kit into the engine as I needed to replace the timing cover gasket which was leaking oil & the timing chain was a bit worn.

I haven't replaced the piston rings, pistons, crankshaft & camshaft bearings,the cylinder heads are also untouched so the engine is still original otherwise,well,it clocked over to 366,000 kilometres (227,422 miles) today & it has never needed a full rebuild

I would like to know where all of the LS1 V8 engines have gone to in Australia because the only ones which are readily available online now are the 6 litre L76 V8 engines which were fitted into the Series 2 Holden VZ SS Commodores,all of the V8 VE SS Commodores (except the HSV VE SS Commodores which were fitted with the L98 V8 engine) & the Series 1 VF Commodore.

It's a lot harder to find an LS1 V8 engine in Australia now, they can't have all done that many kilometres that they have mostly been scrapped !