Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yeah I can see the LM1/LM2 being the one I want. It just seems so much more handy and easier than the LC1. Well I think its time to start digging around in the garage for things to sell so I can get one.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I just looked at Innovate's site -- it is the LM-2 "Basic" Kit listed for $349.00. Don't remember the price being that high, but it has been a while.

Wow, that is a high price Jeff. I don't remember it being that much but I could be wrong, it's been a while.

You said LM-2 though?? I don't believe that was even around when I bought mine, Just the LM-1 was it.

Does the LM-2 have something better or more options??

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Do you drag race up there though?

Not recently, but I have, many times.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Wow, that is a high price Jeff. I don't remember it being that much but I could be wrong, it's been a while.

You said LM-2 though?? I don't believe that was even around when I bought mine, Just the LM-1 was it.

Does the LM-2 have something better or more options??

I never had an LM-1, so no way to compare the two.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Cool! I can now see my sig for the very first time since the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I never had an LM-1, so no way to compare the two.
    I'm only guessing that a new setup with a new name (LM-2) must have some new features or functions?? Yet they still sell and advertise the LM-1??

I assume they have a website. I'll have to dig around and see what the difference is.

Another tank with around town driving,,,,,17.2 mpg on this one.

I'd say I made a solid MPG improvement with the SD tune. I'm getting repeatable results. Now for a long highway stint

Darn thing is running good too for a truck. I was hanging neck and neck with a 5.0 fox body today. I think that guy was surprised to see a 4x4 with 33's staying at his door

17.66 mpg again around town driving, very consistent.

I'm determined to keep this thread alive until a get a highway mpg reading I'm heading out on the highway Sunday for the first time since the SD tune.

Finally hit the highway with this new SD tune. 20.28 mpg I had to drive faster than I wanted as I was running a bit late, going 75+ mph. So there might be more in it if I slowed down the cruise speed a bit.

I'm going to try a few tweaks in the light throttle cruise area too and see what I can pick up.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Dang, that pretty good. Are you sure your speedometer/odometer is accurate?

On the button baby

Alot of driving this weekend. 22.39 mpg. Best so far. I don't think I will better that so I think I'm leaving the SD tune in as it is. Happy with the power and throttle response now. It drives much easier, and I get more throttle angle in 4th gear before the converter unlocks which is nice when climbing mild grades around here. That helped with MPG tremendously. That's where this 6.0 has an advantage over the 5.3 I almost went with,,,,,the 3.07 gear and 33" tires needs grunt.

I still need to relocate the IAT sensor and remove the MAF perminantly.

red
    95 Z28

I am so jelly. My RCSB 5.3 truck is still averaging 17-17.5 with mixed driving.

I have just been playing around with my cruise speed on the highway. Since there are tons of mountains around with long grades, I found that cruising at 70 mph (or slower) was costing me gas. With 33" tires and 3.07 gears, it would constantly kick off the lockup converter to maintain speed. I got 20 mpg like that.

I found that if I cruised at 75-80 mph (speed limit is 75) the converter will stay locked up, and still maintain my cruise speed while going up hills. Just a sweet spot for the engine, slightly higher rpm where it has a little more grunt and keeps the converter locked. This got me 22 mpg.

I'm happy with it. Good enough for a daily driver in my book. No one ever suspects an old 72 blazer could do that

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Any one have experience with transmission tuning?
    The TBSS likes to drop itself into 1st gear around slower corners in neighborhoods. From maybe 15MPH. You let off the gas, and then when you lightly accel again it goes to first. It instantly drops into 2nd, but that shift makes me worry about the 4L70E.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

The only thing I did to my trans on my TBSS was replace the servos with ones from a Corvette trans (under warranty). I did have the same problem as you however, but just lived with it. Plus it was a lease, so I didn't really worry about it too much.

Yeah, you can change the shift points up and down vs mph.

I actually had to change mine to make it do what yours is doing. Since I'm running 3.07 gears and a 33" tire, I wanted it to go to first gear when I slowed down for a turn.
    I think I have mine set to downshift to first at part throttle or no throttle at 18 mph. That way the engine isn't lugging in second trying to pick up speed again. Seems to squirt around town better that way. Since it upshifts out of first at 25 mph part throttle, it works good for me.

Now when I install the 3.73 gears, I'll have to change that setting, probably tone it down to 10 mph or so, otherwise it will do what you are experiencing with the "back to first and quickly back to second" scenario.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    The only thing I did to my trans on my TBSS was replace the servos with ones from a Corvette trans (under warranty). I did have the same problem as you however, but just lived with it. Plus it was a lease, so I didn't really worry about it too much.
    Did you notice better characteristics with the upgraded servos? Doing that in about a month along with the Yank.

And I figured there was a table/option to change the shift points. I will talk with my tuner about it when we get to that. Thanks

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information