Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

White
    99Trans am

Meguiar's +1

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Wayah-bird View Post
    Meguiar's here. Keeps the seats like new.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Zaino's Leather in a Bottle. Smells like leather and looks really good.

Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

I'm sure every product mentioned works great. For convience, I use Meguiars leather wipes, excellent. I've been using them for years and my seats look like new.

Life In The Fast Lane..!! redracer1's Avatar

Brickyard 400 Trac Car#10
    35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

I used Meguires for the last couple years and thought it was a relatively good product and my seats always looked clean and shiney. Until I was at the Vegas Super Chevy Show this past weekend and the guys from Surf City Car Care products came over and saw what I was using. They asked if I would try there products on a small spot and said sure if it's free.lol. Holy shit I couldn't believe the crap that Meguire's product had built up over time. The dirt that came off the seats from using Meguire's made me sick. I cleaned it ALL off using Surf City's Dash Away Interior cleaner and backed it up with there Voodo Leather Rejuvenator. Meguire's is full of petroleum and not the good stuff guys. So dont be fooled by a shiney appearance and ditch that stuff for better products. I should have taken pictures to show you the diff but believe me there is. My interior is a 1,000,000 times better. Give it a try you WONT be dissapointed. Meguire's FTMFL.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I use meguiers since it's not expesive and easy to find everywhere. I have used a few other as well like mothers and some I got from griots garage. Most important thing is to just use something to keep them clean and condishioned. Also if you motive your driver seat showing wear like most TA's have them repaired nad redyed and it saves you from having to recover them later. I had my driver seat done on the side where you get in. They put this putty on heated it up and used a graining pad to make it look factory and the redyed it grey. Looked like brand new and all I have to do is keep it condishioned.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red
    2001 ws6

i use mothers leather cleaner followed by mothers leather conditioner.....comes out great

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

I deff. get that mothers & meguires are fairly cheap and easy to find. but there's a reason your leather is showing showing wear. those two product have harmful patroleum in them. even tho they seem to be conditioning the leather they're really drying them out at the same time and making them brittle. imo it's smarter to use better products that cost a little more but can save money on repairs and inconvience. I used those products, first the cleaner then the conditioners and thought wow that looks great. Then i used the surf city products and the dirt that the cleaner removed was startling. I literally spent two days removing the build up from the meguires and mothers products. My leather is now soooo clean and the texture is clean and smooth not tacky. The build up from using meguires is very small and incremental so you get used to the look, believe me it had me fooled until I used some excellent quality products. My interior looks brand new and smells great. My leather once cleaned was so dry it soaked up the Voodo Leather Rejuvenator cause it was so dryed out from using meguires. Listen I know it's tough to change peoples minds on products there used to using over the internet and I wish I'd taken pictures to back up what I'm preachin here but do yoursely a favor and try some diff products I wish I would of along time ago. At least do some research on autogeeks on some of the products they offer or just the detailer write ups on interior products I think you'll make the switch as I did.

Red
    2001 ws6

^ im always open to new ideas, where do you get the stuff your talking about?

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ^ im always open to new ideas, where do you get the stuff your talking about?
    Sorry cant post links but try either autogeek.net or surf city garage car care products. I used the Surf City Dash Away Cleaner & Voodo Leather Rejuvenator, and if you've got any chrome there product Killer Chrome is awsome. My interior has that rich leather NEW car smell.

Red
    2001 ws6

send me a PM please

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    send me a PM please
    Sent.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by redracer1 View Post
    Sorry cant post links but try either autogeek.net or surf city garage car care products. I used the Surf City Dash Away Cleaner & Voodo Leather Rejuvenator, and if you've got any chrome there product Killer Chrome is awsome. My interior has that rich leather NEW car smell.
    That could have been the problem. You only used a leather conditioner and never a cleaner.

I believe it would have been no different no matter what you'd used at that point.
    Got to clean it every so often. Thats something you said you had not done. Then apply a new layer of conditioner.
    Last edited by 4get gto; 03-30-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    That could have been the problem. You only used a leather conditioner and never a cleaner.

I believe it would have been no different no matter what you'd used at that point.
    Got to clean it every so often. Thats something you said you had not done. Then apply a new layer of conditioner.
    If you read post #88 I mention using their cleaners. These other products were at a different level. I was like most went to pep boys or kragen and read all the labels a picked what I thought was a great product based on what I read took it home and used it. There are even better products offered by Meguires that are not over the counter products. Just like going to the drug store and settling for a tylenol when what you really want is a valium.lol. I guess what I'm saying is get out of the store and buy better products online than the cheaper over the counter products.

Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

I used Meguires for the last couple years and thought it was a relatively good product and my seats always looked clean and shiney. Until I was at the Vegas Super Chevy Show this past weekend and the guys from Surf City Car Care products came over and saw what I was using. They asked if I would try there products on a small spot and said sure if it's free.lol. Holy shit I couldn't believe the crap that Meguire's product had built up over time. The dirt that came off the seats from using Meguire's made me sick. I cleaned it ALL off using Surf City's Dash Away Interior cleaner and backed it up with there Voodo Leather Rejuvenator. Meguire's is full of petroleum and not the good stuff guys. So dont be fooled by a shiney appearance and ditch that stuff for better products. I should have taken pictures to show you the diff but believe me there is. My interior is a 1,000,000 times better. Give it a try you WONT be dissapointed. Meguire's FTMFL.
    I deff. get that mothers & meguires are fairly cheap and easy to find. but there's a reason your leather is showing showing wear. those two product have harmful patroleum in them. even tho they seem to be conditioning the leather they're really drying them out at the same time and making them brittle. imo it's smarter to use better products that cost a little more but can save money on repairs and inconvience. I used those products, first the cleaner then the conditioners and thought wow that looks great. Then i used the surf city products and the dirt that the cleaner removed was startling. I literally spent two days removing the build up from the meguires and mothers products. My leather is now soooo clean and the texture is clean and smooth not tacky. The build up from using meguires is very small and incremental so you get used to the look, believe me it had me fooled until I used some excellent quality products. My interior looks brand new and smells great. My leather once cleaned was so dry it soaked up the Voodo Leather Rejuvenator cause it was so dryed out from using meguires. Listen I know it's tough to change peoples minds on products there used to using over the internet and I wish I'd taken pictures to back up what I'm preachin here but do yoursely a favor and try some diff products I wish I would of along time ago. At least do some research on autogeeks on some of the products they offer or just the detailer write ups on interior products I think you'll make the switch as I did.

Were you doing a thorough cleaning before conditioning EVERY time with the Megs? It sure sounds like conditioner buildup to me.

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Were you doing a thorough cleaning before conditioning EVERY time with the Megs? It sure sounds like conditioner buildup to me.
    just about but the gold class leather conditioner leaves a sticky tacky residue that attracks dirt and being a vert drivin with the top down isn't a good thing. I did have some build up for sure. The cleaner just didn't get the leather clean enough before the next application. I'm really tryin not to nock Meguires products just that they have better products then whats on the shelf at kragen. If you go to autogeeks.net they sell better quality Meguires cleaners and leather condtioners than whats on the self at a pep boys.

Professional Detailer GoFast908Z's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Camaro Z28

just about but the gold class leather conditioner leaves a sticky tacky residue that attracks dirt and being a vert drivin with the top down isn't a good thing. I did have some build up for sure. The cleaner just didn't get the leather clean enough before the next application. I'm really tryin not to nock Meguires products just that they have better products then whats on the shelf at kragen. If you go to autogeeks.net they sell better quality Meguires cleaners and leather condtioners than whats on the self at a pep boys.
    Megs has several leather products.... You may be using too much conditioner too. But I'm glad you found something u like.

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Megs has several leather products.... You may be using too much conditioner too. But I'm glad you found something u like.
    Maybe...but i wouldn't bag on a product if i didn't give it a fare shake and use it properly and my point exactly they have some other great products. I haven't sworn off there products. I'm even attending one of there detailing classes they offer here in SoCal. Most manufactures have Professional product lines and some are only available to pro detailers. I'm just saying use the better products offered by these manufactures and dont settle for just off the shelf products. I just didn't care for the spray gold class.

NBM
    2000 WS6

If you read post #88 I mention using their cleaners. These other products were at a different level. I was like most went to pep boys or kragen and read all the labels a picked what I thought was a great product based on what I read took it home and used it. There are even better products offered by Meguires that are not over the counter products. Just like going to the drug store and settling for a tylenol when what you really want is a valium.lol. I guess what I'm saying is get out of the store and buy better products online than the cheaper over the counter products.
    You're right..... I reread #88 and you did use a cleaner first. Why it didnt work with Meguires I dont know.

And I admit that I am one of those guys that fell for the internet stuff and figured out that there "some" products OTC that work just as well............... Kick me in the balls buts thats just me.....

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Just tried out meguires 2-1 leather cleaner and conditioner spray and for now it seems to be decent enough. Not sure about their inteior cleaning wipes for the dash though

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information