Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234562232 ... LastLast

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You know the rule

Jon is a hurting unit right now... but Preston is right, rules are rules.

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Let it go man its easier that way just let go for real.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Ouch. Sounds pretty serious. Any common friends?
    No common friends. I never met any of her friends the whole time we dated which I found odd. However, she was always coming down to my place. She would come down Friday and stay the entire weekend and leave either Sunday night to go home or Monday morning and go straight to work.

The last time we seen one another was the end of September right before her b-day. We had an awesome time and the night ended with a kiss.

Then I got pushy again for things to happen sooner and got frustrated when she didn't want that...so she backed off again because of my stupid comments.

Lesson learned.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    No common friends. I never met any of her friends the whole time we dated which I found odd. However, she was always coming down to my place. She would come down Friday and stay the entire weekend and leave either Sunday night to go home or Monday morning and go straight to work.

The last time we seen one another was the end of September right before her b-day. We had an awesome time and the night ended with a kiss.

Then I got pushy again for things to happen sooner and got frustrated when she didn't want that...so she backed off again because of my stupid comments.

Lesson learned.
    Let it go...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yes Doberman, I know

Sucks losing an awesome girl and a best friend all in one shot though.

Alright, so I won't contact her anymore. She knows where I stand with things so if she wants to contact me, she will I guess. If she doesn't then I guess I know it wasn't meant to be.

With everything that kept happening, my guess is I won't ever hear from her again. I hope that isn't the case, but it's something I just need to deal with and forget about.

Purple
    1998 Trans Am

I've been trying to "move" on...it's difficult.

I'm still out there looking and have met several girls in the past few months which I've went on dates with...none of them I found interesting at all. They didn't even come close to her personality.

I know you can't really compare one girl to the next...but I find myself doing that.

She moved from CA to IL 2 years ago and then moved to Chicago this past March. I met her in May. At one point in time she told me I was the best thing to come into her life since she moved here.

I guess the best thing to do is just not contact her anymore. Our last argument resulted in her removing me from her friend's list and actually blocking me. FML
    Sorry if I missed this at some point, but how old are you?

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Jon is a hurting unit right now... but Preston is right, rules are rules.
    Im sure he could of copy and pasted a pic from her facebook, but considering she blocked him the chance of pictures are not good.

black

Yes Doberman, I know

Alright, so I won't contact her anymore. She knows where I stand with things so if she wants to contact me, she will I guess. If she doesn't then I guess I know it wasn't meant to be.

With everything that kept happening, my guess is I won't ever hear from her again. I hope that isn't the case, but it's something I just need to deal with and forget about.
    Get a hooker or two tonite and youll be fine

White
    1999 Transam WS6

She is currently stalking you on ls1.com and this thread completely ruined any slim chance you had

Yes Doberman, I know

sometimes its better not to be friends at all then it is to be friends and wanting more...you get what i mean?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Afraid to say how old I am because then the comments will really start flowing

32. She is 28.

I have "plenty" of pics...but I don't really want to disclose who I am talking about because several on here are on my FB and would then know who I was talking about probably.

I'm trying to have the chance at possibly getting back with her at some point lol.

Preston - you've seen some pics in the g/f thread before

Purple
    1998 Trans Am

Coming from someone who is on the other end....me and my ex FINALLY broke-up and I finally got him out of my life. He was pissed and "blocked" me on FB....I never looked at his page anyway (read that he did it on someone else's) Now he had friend requested me and texted a few times....my thoughts are...you were so immature and ridiculous that now IS NOT the time to talk to me! So, with that said....I agree with the majority of posts....don't contact her. We (women) are built to forgive by nature....it will happen in time. The more you piss us off the longer that will take. All the other BS about making her jealous..... "fake posting" that does not work...only makes things worse. I know my ex...I know what he is doing...I don't need a social networking site to tell me....if she knows you the same way....just let it ride!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwdjv View Post
    Coming from someone who is on the other end....me and my ex FINALLY broke-up and I finally got him out of my life. He was pissed and "blocked" me on FB....I never looked at his page anyway (read that he did it on someone else's) Now he had friend requested me and texted a few times....my thoughts are...you were so immature and ridiculous that now IS NOT the time to talk to me! So, with that said....I agree with the majority of posts....don't contact her. We (women) are built to forgive by nature....it will happen in time. The more you piss us off the longer that will take. All the other BS about making her jealous..... "fake posting" that does not work...only makes things worse. I know my ex...I know what he is doing...I don't need a social networking site to tell me....if she knows you the same way....just let it ride!
    ^^this proves my point lol

dont say i didnt tell you so Jon

black

Quote Originally Posted by mrwdjv View Post
    ...only makes things worse. I know my ex...I know what he is doing...I don't need a social networking site to tell me.
    Im sorry but i disagree unless its to far gone from her end.
    Everytime i have run that game, women fall for it hook line and sinker. Even most women will agree with that.
    Women are dramatic in nature and play right into it.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Silence Is Not Golden. stolenthunder's Avatar

Blue
    1998, Trans Am

Chances are if you chase her, no matter how strong your feelings are, it will turn her completely off and destroy any chance you have of getting back with her. As much as it hurts, try to move on. She has detached herself from you emotionally and you have to find a way to numb your feelings too. Ever burned yourself? Hurts really bad at first. Then it stops. Thats what she's going through- assuming that she is capable of this depth.

Immature women (and men) want what they cannot have. That's the best chance you've got with her...let her see that she can't have you, that you don't think her privates are composed of solid gold and that your entire universe does not revolve around her. It's her problem. Not yours. You're ready for something stable/long term...she still wants to play and is looking for a mental excuse/justification to distance herself from you. Whatever "pissed her off" was just a convenient excuse to get the "time" or "distance" that she already wanted. Not all women are like this, but several in my life have been. I can spot them a mile away.

Be realistic. Your feelings are controlling your perception of her- you obviously are developing love for her and love automatically helps to photoshop out the ugly in a person.

Youre mileage may vary. In the end, you've got to do what you can live with- not what a stranger says on the internet. So keep your chin up and hang in there.
    Last edited by stolenthunder; 12-04-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well the way I look at it is this...

When I continue to text her and tell her nice things...she knows exactly how I feel and she knows she can have me back anytime she wants me back.

If I don't contact her at all, she starts to think..wow, I wonder if he met someone...I wonder what he is up to.

Am I right about this?

I don't know about the whole lying thing on FB, but I can surely comment about honest things that are going on in my life...such as skiing trips coming up, Bears vs. Packers game I'm going to, etc.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by stolenthunder View Post
    Chances are if you chase her, no matter how strong your feelings are, it will turn her completely off and destroy any chance you have of getting back with her. As much as it hurts, try to move on. She has detached herself from you emotionally and you have to find a way to numb your feelings too. Ever burned yourself? Hurts really bad at first. Then it stops. Thats what she's going through- assuming that she is capable of this depth.

Immature women (and men) want what they cannot have. That's the best chance you've got with her...let her see that she can't have you, that you don't think her privates are composed of solid gold and that your entire universe does not revolve around her.

It's her problem. Not yours. You're ready for something stable/long term...she still wants to play and is looking for a mental excuse/justification to distance herself from you.

Youre mileage may vary. In the end, you've got to do what you can live with- not what a stranger says on the internet. So keep your chin up and hang in there.
    She told me not too long ago that she once had an emotional connection with me and that has changed. So I agree with what you're saying here.

In the past, she distanced herself from me like this and I stopped texting her and ignored her texts. In 2 weeks she was all about me again.

I just don't know if this will work this time around or if things have just gone too far now.

One thing I do know is that me contacting her isn't working at all...so I guess I have nothing to lose really by not contacting her.

Well the way I look at it is this...

When I continue to text her and tell her nice things...she knows exactly how I feel and she knows she can have me back anytime she wants me back.

If I don't contact her at all, she starts to think..wow, I wonder if he met someone...I wonder what he is up to.

Am I right about this?

I don't know about the whole lying thing on FB, but I can surely comment about honest things that are going on in my life...such as skiing trips coming up, Bears vs. Packers game I'm going to, etc.
    If she thinks you don't care about her or if you met someone else is when she will come crawling back to you.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

The being cordial but still trying to ignore thing works very well. Trust me! She will come around eventually and want to talk to you. By being cordail means if you see her just smile or say hello but that is all. No emails, calls, or texts.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    If she thinks you don't care about her or if you met someone else is when she will come crawling back to you.
    My thinking too. I noticed that when I was always texting her about normal shit...funny stuff...etc she would always respond and we would talk.

As soon as I brought emotion into it, no response.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234562232 ... LastLast

Thread Information