Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    see thats the thing...if i get a Procharger...then i am bustass broke...
    thats why i dont know if getting the procharger would be a good idea right now...
    should i focus on my suspension right now?
    here what im highly considering...
    Moser 12 (4.11 gears|33-spline|1350 Yoke|Factory studs and rear brakes|stock width|chrome cover|no sway bar mount kit|4-channel ABS exciter rings|3Hole LCA brackets)
    UMI SFC 2pt weld in
    ARH 1 7/8 with ORY
    SLP LMII
    O2s and MSD Plug Wires
    SLP Lid
    OR
    get the procharger
    and cross my fingers
    definitely get the rear first. that 10 bolt would be history with a procharger and your tranny will need some building up too

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    definitely get the rear first. that 10 bolt would be history with a procharger and your tranny will need some building up too
    tranny build up as in...a monster level 4 premium package from texas speed and RAM master cylindar?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

tranny build up as in...a monster level 4 premium package from texas speed and RAM master cylindar?
    i don't know a ton about this shit but my buddy just finished building a 408 stroker thats putting about 500 to the wheels and went stage two with the tranny rebuild.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

see thats the thing...if i get a Procharger...then i am bustass broke...
    thats why i dont know if getting the procharger would be a good idea right now...
    should i focus on my suspension right now?
    here what im highly considering...
    Moser 12 (4.11 gears|33-spline|1350 Yoke|Factory studs and rear brakes|stock width|chrome cover|no sway bar mount kit|4-channel ABS exciter rings|3Hole LCA brackets)
    UMI SFC 2pt weld in
    ARH 1 7/8 with ORY
    SLP LMII
    O2s and MSD Plug Wires
    SLP Lid
    OR
    get the procharger
    and cross my fingers
    Yes the smart money is spent on the rearend first, then the procharger. But alot of people do it backwards anyways...but usually don't get away with it too long.

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

I agree- build from the outside in- suspension, rear, trans, and then motor. Go with SFC's, LCA's, then the rear, build up the trans and then the motor.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Transmission building would involve the internal parts of the transmission. The clutch is external.

New 3-4 steel fork, new solid synchronizer keys, new output shaft, fork pads, blocker rings, sliders/hubs, etc.

Impounded
    well...im gonna work on suspension first
    Moser 12
    4.11 gears|33-spline|1350 Yoke|Factory studs and rear brakes|stock width|chrome cover|no sway bar mount kit|4-channel ABS exciter rings|3Hole LCA brackets
    UMI SFC 2pt weld in
    and other stuff?...
    and i wanna put an exhaust on there and a new clutch kit on there
    hows that sound?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

i think you should buy some C6 Deep Dish wheels in chrome

Bright Red

well...im gonna work on suspension first
    Moser 12
    4.11 gears|33-spline|1350 Yoke|Factory studs and rear brakes|stock width|chrome cover|no sway bar mount kit|4-channel ABS exciter rings|3Hole LCA brackets
    UMI SFC 2pt weld in
    and other stuff?...
    and i wanna put an exhaust on there and a new clutch kit on there
    hows that sound?
    Include adjustable LCA's and a Panhard bar and possibly a Torque Arm depending on which rear you go with. You'll end up having to have an alighment done after the rear is installed, might as well get the LCA's and such done so everythign can be lined up at once.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    Include adjustable LCA's and a Panhard bar and possibly a Torque Arm depending on which rear you go with. You'll end up having to have an alighment done after the rear is installed, might as well get the LCA's and such done so everythign can be lined up at once.
    You don't need an alignment after a rear end installation. At least I didn't. I did however need one after my Koni/Strano install. Unless you are talking about aligning the rear end on center...

OP - If your ultimate goal is a Procharger, you may want to reconsider the 4.11 gears and go with 3.73. 4.11 gears may be too low of a gear with FI. I would ask what others think of this as well.

Bright Red

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    You don't need an alignment after a rear end installation. At least I didn't. I did however need one after my Koni/Strano install. Unless you are talking about aligning the rear end on center...

OP - If your ultimate goal is a Procharger, you may want to reconsider the 4.11 gears and go with 3.73. 4.11 gears may be too low of a gear with FI. I would ask what others think of this as well.

With the adjustable LCAs you'll have to have them alligned front to back to ensure everything is even. You can guestimate it close enough but I'd go ahaed and have a 4 wheel alignment to be on the safe side.

And you are absolutely right about the gear- I was told to go with either a 3.73 or 3.55 if I had a supercharger. Since I have it in the plans I went with the lesser expensive 31 spline axles and clutch posi and I'll move up to 35 spline axles and a WaveTrac and a 3.73 when I get the ProCharger and I'll hand my center over to my dad to use in the '69 Camaro we're building with a 502 Big Block.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    With the adjustable LCAs you'll have to have them alligned front to back to ensure everything is even. You can guestimate it close enough but I'd go ahaed and have a 4 wheel alignment to be on the safe side.
    If you are not changing tires/size I don't think you need adjustable LCA's. If you do get LCAs that are adjustable, you should set them to the same length as the stock ones. The wheel will be centered in the wheel well.
    Last edited by 35th-ANV-SS; 09-18-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Impounded
    If you are not changing tires/size I don't think you need adjustable LCA's. If you do get LCAs that are adjustable, you should set them to the same length as the stock ones. The wheel will be centered in the wheel well.
    well i am considering 18s but its hard telling..
    what LCAs should i get?
    and for the 3.73s... what will that do with the rpms of regular driving?

Bright Red

3.73 isn't that big a change. A little higher RPMs (roughly 7%). It's a nice wake up but I drove it all the way across TN (6.5hr drive) and got 22mpg at a steady 80mph.

As for LCAs, I was looking at the UMI's because of quality and cost- they just seemed like people spoke very highly of them. Since I'm getting the MWC rear, they give a discount on the adjustable LCA's and panhard when you buy the rear. They sell them separately but I can't say what they're like since mine haven't arrived yet.
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk #0041 of 742

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

well i am considering 18s but its hard telling..
    what LCAs should i get?
    and for the 3.73s... what will that do with the rpms of regular driving?
    Adjustable LCAs are mainly for when you swap out normal street tires to run slicks at the track. You get adjustable LCAs to re-center the wheel in the wheel well after swapping out the tire to gain clearance...

IF, and ONLY IF, you are going to get a Procharger, go with a 373 gear ratio.

If you are not going with FI, I would say go with 4.11 gear ratio.

If you don't plan on getting FI for a long time, you can always go with 4.11 gear now and swap it out to 3.73 when you do the Procharger.

Nothing says you can't have a 4.11 gear with FI. Just usually lower gears are made for cams and higher gears for FI. With a 3.73 gear ratio, you will be in the powerband of FI longer. That's the benefit.

Impounded
    well i doubt i would be running DRs...and the drag strip isnt a MAIN concern...but HP is HP so...

Bright Red

Adjustable LCAs are mainly for when you swap out normal street tires to run slicks at the track. You get adjustable LCAs to re-center the wheel in the wheel well after swapping out the tire to gain clearance...

IF, and ONLY IF, you are going to get a Procharger, go with a 373 gear ratio.

If you are not going with FI, I would say go with 4.11 gear ratio.

If you don't plan on getting FI for a long time, you can always go with 4.11 gear now and swap it out to 3.73 when you do the Procharger.

Nothing says you can't have a 4.11 gear with FI. Just usually lower gears are made for cams and higher gears for FI. With a 3.73 gear ratio, you will be in the powerband of FI longer. That's the benefit.
    I have to agree completely- after the 3.73 I wished I'd gone ahead and put the 4.11. Like I said, not all that much of a difference- just threw off my speedometer.

My buddy had a '97 Cobra with a ProCharger in it and 4.10 and a T56. It ran through first and second so fast that it was pointless to start in anything but second.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

well i doubt i would be running DRs...and the drag strip isnt a MAIN concern...but HP is HP so...
    Not DRs...SLICKS.

HP is HP only if you get it to the ground...

Having 1000HP and just spinning the tires doesn't do you much good does it?

Impounded
    yeah my bad on the DR confusion

and thats why i hesitate on the procharger first...
    i figure get the rear end taken care of now...along with a panhard bar and lcas and shocks and springs
    then put a lid, full exhaust and a monster clutch in there

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Sounds like a plan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information