Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Exactly
    Kids nowadays probably have no clue what I'm referencing.

Paul Harvey came on at noon everyday on AFKN.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Only 7 states are "at will" states with no public policy exception standard.

Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Nebraska, New York, Rhode Island and Florida.
    Arkansas is an "at-will" state WITH a public policy exception.

Employment
    At Will

In the majority of states, employees not working under an employment contract are deemed to be "at will." At-will employees may be terminated for any reason, so long as it's not illegal. There are numerous illegal reasons for termination. Typically such reasons fall into one of two large categories: illegal discrimination or illegal termination in violation of a public policy. Generally, employees who work under an employment contract can only be terminated for reasons specified in the contract. The well-established rule in Arkansas is that when an employee's employment is for an indefinite term, either party may terminate the relationship without cause or at-will. However, Arkansas modified the employment-at-will doctrine to provide that where an at-will employee relies on a personnel manual or employment agreement that expressly states that he or she cannot be discharged except for cause, the employee may not be arbitrarily discharged in violation of such a provision.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i honestly think all states should be "at will" within reason... when my company fires some scum bag who doesn't do their job they file unemployment...

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i honestly think all states should be "at will" within reason... when my company fires some scum bag who doesn't do their job they file unemployment...

All the states are "at will" but 43 have exceptions to it and you have to base the firing typically off company policy, rules and standards. But yeah I understand what ya mean. When we had crappy people we would give them the crappiest hours and the shittiest work possible to try to make them quit so that we wouldnt have to pay unemployment.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Seems to me that if he was let go because he was accused of theft and or had knowledge of theft, and he did not... then there should be some sort of compensation for dismissal. Maybe not given his job back, but possibly a defamation of character case. It will show up on his record if future employers call for references. No one wants to hire someone let go for theft.

If it were me, I would fight if for nothing else, to get that off my previous employment reason for dismissal record.

black
    1999 prelude

Im just trying to figure out how to get my car back first, then I plan on dealing with my old jobs shit. I have to come up with 970 bucks by monday...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information