Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I love my gillette fusion but i agree the cartridges are a fucking ripoff and an overall pain in the ass to purchase. They also go dull WAY too fast and I only NEED to shave like ONCE a week lmao I'm 27 and shave less then most 16 yr olds

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Fire - just burn the hair off. Then you never have to shave again. Scarring could be a slight side effect though.
    You could always wax it too.... or maybe pluck each hair out.... radiation could be an option.... hormone therapy....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Electric just doesn't cut it... no pun intended. Anyone have one that really works?
    didn't you read my post? Braun series 7. I can't feel ANY stuble when I'm done shaving and it only takes a minute to shave each day. Trust me when I say best shave ever. I also have very coarse facial hair. I chew up disposables in 2 or 3 shaves. I hated shaving with my old electric but wasn't patient enough to use a razor. With the series 7 i look forward to shaving because the head always smells pleasant from the cleaning fluid and it never irritates my face. Plus it's pulsonic so it feels like a massage.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    didn't you read my post? Braun series 7. I can't feel ANY stuble when I'm done shaving and it only takes a minute to shave each day. Trust me when I say best shave ever. I also have very coarse facial hair. I chew up disposables in 2 or 3 shaves. I hated shaving with my old electric but wasn't patient enough to use a razor. With the series 7 i look forward to shaving because the head always smells pleasant from the cleaning fluid and it never irritates my face. Plus it's pulsonic so it feels like a massage.
    I did. My question was directed at others who use an electric. For $250 it had better work... very well! Is that the one you insert into a cleaning bucket after every shave?

Black
    2005 GTO

I stick with the cheap $40 electrics. I've had 2 in the last ten years for a grand total of maybe $100(in which both razors were gifts so really they cost me nothing). My current one is on its last leg battery not hold a charge to long but I've had it for probably 6 years. Electric definitely does not give the closest shave IMO but its quick easy and cheap.

One of my pet peeves has always been the price of razor blades. For years, I have shaved with an old Trac II using the Walmart knock offs. I received a Gillette Fusion as a gift and tried that for a bit, but just couldn't justify $13 plus dollars for a pack of replacement blades.

Clark Howard to the rescue! I recently caught his quip on razor blades where he claimed that if you dry the blade after each use that it will last for months. I was dubious, but after each shave I started blowing it dry with a hairdryer. I have now shaved for an entire month with the same blade and have noticed no difference in its performance. Prior to doing this, I would generally get a week out of a blade before it would start to cause knicks and razor burn.

So... now that I am not spending money on razor blades, maybe I can ring up Mark and order that wideband I want for the Bird.
    I thought you guys up north didn't shave.

black
    98 WS6

dude, I stopped throwing money away about 5 months ago
    now look what happened

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    I thought you guys up north didn't shave.

No. It's our women that don't shave.

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    Click for full size

Unfortunately, that is not an option.

Black
    99 Z28

I hate this topic. It always pisses me off that I spend so much in razors.

I have a really thick beard with really obnoxious hair. I have a 5 o' clock shadow at 10am.

I use a mach3 and get 3 or maybe 4 shaves per blade.

I'd wax it if I could stand for it to grow long enough to do that.

Psycho Therapist
    I take "the" out of

I moved intot his new address, and for some reason once a month I would get a free gillette razor, something about a birthday. I was wierd at first, and I just figured that the company made a mistake, until I found out that every month I got a free razor, it was addressed to the house, but a different person. I think the tenant before me signed up with gillette, and gave fake name and birth dates so he wouldn't have to pay for razors. Might want to check it out. I haven't paid for razors in 3 years of living there.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

I'm perfectly happy with my $75 Remington rotary electric that I've had for maybe 10 years now. I got it as a gift for Father's day.

Had to replace the blades once at a cost of $20.

Before this one, I had only bought Norelcos, mainly since that was what was advertised. While they were OK, they weren't as good.

When the Remington started getting dull, I thought I'd spend the $$$ and got a $125 Norelco. It's now my travel shaver and I still use the Remington every day. It just works better, quieter, and more comfortable.

Also, the Remington will work on the battery or electric cord. The Norelco MUST be charged. It won't run on the power cord. That doesn't sound like a big deal but it IS.
    Last edited by CJREX; 04-17-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I haven't shaved in months, since January 1st actually. I had the mountain man beard going for awhile. Its all trimmed up now, but still rocking the beard.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Electric just doesn't cut it... no pun intended. Anyone have one that really works?
    yes. no razor bumps either for us guys with sensative skin.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i like the Fusion,but totally agree the blades are a rip-off,so i bought some cheap wal-mart no name disposable razors(5 pack)for $1.49.might as well used a steak knife,they didn't shave worth a damn and the razor burn was extreme.still have 4 that have never been used if someone is interested.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Razors and razor blades are one of my biggest theft items at my store, due to their ridiculous retails now days. I generally use the same blade for 3-4 months or longer. I clean them real good after each use. Its always worked for me. I refuse to buy numerous razor blades, too fn expensive.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Razors and razor blades are one of my biggest theft items at my store
    . I generally use the same blade for 3-4 months or longer.
    You don't have to lie to yourself.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    You don't have to lie to yourself.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I only use Mach III Turbos and they last for months.

Just clean them properly or even rinse them with vinegar and make sure they are dry before you put them away and they last a long damn time. It's tough to get that water out between the blades, but it's worth it.

It's amazing how so many people don't know this.

I bought an 8pk on ebay a couple years ago. Almost time to buy a new 8pk.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

That is simple I have only shaved twice in the last 5 months. I don't plan on shaving too much anymore except for when I have to.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Razors and razor blades are one of my biggest theft items at my store, due to their ridiculous retails now days. I generally use the same blade for 3-4 months or longer. I clean them real good after each use. Its always worked for me. I refuse to buy numerous razor blades, too fn expensive.

Yep razor blades were one of the highest stolen items from my company also. The best instance was when a guy whent over to the home section and got a 15 gallon trashcan came back over to the razor blades and proceeded to put every blade on the pegs and shelves in the trashcan. Apparently he figured we wouldnt have a camera on that section so he took his sweet time. He comes up front and heads straight for the exit thinking he was going to walk right out. Several of us were just milling around pretending to look busy as he walked up. All at once we surround him while the Security guys handcuffed him. Dude ended up having enough in the trashcan to be charged with a felony.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information