Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    This is the same thing I heard all last season too. Forgive me if I don’t start believing it now, especially since we are talking about the reigning super bowl champs.
    You do know that when the Saints fall off the mountain, and they will, because no one stays there forever, I am going to give you as much shit as you have given us

black
    02 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    So why does a player have to be arrested to go against the Code of Conduct rule ??
    Code of Conduct? All he did was meet a couple of broads and banged them.

The way I see it,nothing wrong with that.

From all the reports you hear it sounds like the broads were just setting him up to get some $$$....otherwise they would have filed charges....They were looking for a payoff from the start.

It's not like Roethlisberger was fighting pit bulls or going out to bars and trying to shoot people with his HOMEBOYS....He was just doing what everbody else does on the weekend....Trying to score some pu$$y!

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You do know that when the Saints fall off the mountain, and they will, because no one stays there forever, I am going to give you as much shit as you have given us
    I'd expect nothing less...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by importhater81 View Post
    Code of Conduct? All he did was meet a couple of broads and banged them.

The way I see it,nothing wrong with that.

From all the reports you hear it sounds like the broads were just setting him up to get some $$$....otherwise they would have filed charges....They were looking for a payoff from the start.

It's not like Roethlisberger was fighting pit bulls or going out to bars and trying to shoot people with his HOMEBOYS....He was just doing what everbody else does on the weekend....Trying to score some pu$$y!
    disagree.....he brought negative attention to the NFL and Pittsburgh Steelers because he was out at a bar acting like a frat boy. He did a little more than just "bang some broads"....he put himself in a position to be accused of rape in the bathroom of a bar. Let us not forget that this is the SECOND time he's been in this position plus the bike wreck. He's a walking nightmare when it comes to the conduct policy.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Roethlisberger is looking at the most,if any, a 4-6 game suspension...He'll be back for the Saints game.

I’m not cherry picking, just trying to stay more on topic since we now have the NFL preseason thread but since this part of your post is on topic…

Big Ben will not be a Steeler this season.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I’m not cherry picking, just trying to stay more on topic since we now have the NFL preseason thread but since this part of your post is on topic…

Big Ben will not be a Steeler this season.
    I bet it has a lot to do with Steelers record after the suspension ..

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    disagree.....he brought negative attention to the NFL and Pittsburgh Steelers because he was out at a bar acting like a frat boy. He did a little more than just "bang some broads"....he put himself in a position to be accused of rape in the bathroom of a bar. Let us not forget that this is the SECOND time he's been in this position plus the bike wreck. He's a walking nightmare when it comes to the conduct policy.
    He was going to be charged with rape, for a second time.. But neither went to court .. that just means the D.A. knew there wasnt enough evidence to find him guilty .. That dont mean he is innocent ...

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

I bet it has a lot to do with Steelers record after the suspension ..
    I'm expecting him to be traded before the season starts

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I'm expecting him to be traded before the season starts
    thats still a long shot because any teams that gets him will know he wont be around for the first 6 games ...Now next year , that is a different story ...

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

thats still a long shot because any teams that gets him will know he wont be around for the first 6 games ...Now next year , that is a different story ...
    I'm not so sure, there are a number of teams that need a QB in a bad way. So the choice becomes take a risk on a high first round (aka expensive) rookie QB or trade for Big Ben who is a proven commodity even knowing that he'll have to sit the first 6 games. Any team that needs a QB is taking a risk one way or the other. Waiting a year might just make it a more expensive transaction.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I'm not so sure, there are a number of teams that need a QB in a bad way. So the choice becomes take a risk on a high first round (aka expensive) rookie QB or trade for Big Ben who is a proven commodity even knowing that he'll have to sit the first 6 games. Any team that needs a QB is taking a risk one way or the other. Waiting a year might just make it a more expensive transaction.
    Haha I was leaning more towards the team that might think about needing him this year , after a bad year with their current QB , might want to dig a little deeper in the old QB fund ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Also, as part of what Goodell cited in his letter to Ben and the Steelers, Ben provided alcohol to underage girls. I know its not a major crime, but technically its still a crime and it was referenced by Goodell as part of the reason for the suspension.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Here is Goodell's statement/letter to Ben and the Steelers, you can read his reasons for the suspension.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

black
    02 ss camaro

Alright I see your point. When you are paid that much money you should conduct yourself in a better manner than he did.

I still don't think his incidents in the past are as bad as some off the other shitheads in the league.
    Last edited by importhater81; 04-22-2010 at 04:00 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Alright I see your point. When you are paid that much money you should conduct yourself in a better manner than he did.

I still don't think his incidents in the past are as bad as come off the other shitheads in the league.
    I think the league is trying to make a point that it doesn't matter who you are or the position you play. I agree with the punishment because money doesn't bother these guys but making them sit and miss out on team meetings does. I also believe that he put himself in this position. You don't see Manning, Brees, or Farve out getting into these situations....he has to be smarter than that. Not just because of the negative image but because eventually some girl is gonna be able to make the charges stick and then sitting for 6 games will seem like the easy way out....just ask Vick. If Ben don't straighten his ass up it's gonna bite him eventually. Maybe this is what it'll take to do that but that's still left to be seen.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I think the league is trying to make a point that it doesn't matter who you are or the position you play. I agree with the punishment because money doesn't bother these guys but making them sit and miss out on team meetings does. I also believe that he put himself in this position. You don't see Manning, Brees, or Farve out getting into these situations....he has to be smarter than that. Not just because of the negative image but because eventually some girl is gonna be able to make the charges stick and then sitting for 6 games will seem like the easy way out....just ask Vick. If Ben don't straighten his ass up it's gonna bite him eventually. Maybe this is what it'll take to do that but that's still left to be seen.
    1000% agreement

If he doesn't learn a lesson from this, his number won't be just 7 anymore, it will be 124657.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I still don't think his incidents in the past are as bad as come off the other shitheads in the league.

True , but you have to start somewhere .. Goodell can only control what happens on his watch .. And you cant police a whole league at once ...

black
    02 ss camaro

You're right...but Manning,Brees,and Farve are all married,if they did get caught in situations like Ben's they would be in it alot deeper! See Tiger Woods>>>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information