Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Red
    2000 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I'm about to make you sick lol
    Bought the 404 shortblock with all the forged internals assembled with all ARP bolts/studs for $2,400. The guy had between 5,000-10,000 miles and 10 passes on the strip with it running low 10s. He tore it down, checked it out, reassembled and torqued everything...look new with 0 wear but broken in.
    I did all the port/polish on the heads and intake, and a friend helped me with the milling. Right now for everything including the intake, mastercylinder, rack, gaskets ect I'm running right under $4,500 for the build.

I sent you email last night with my number if you have any questions give e a call!
    LOL Im jealous. Its gonna end up costing me close to 8. i was thinking maybe get a short block from kentucky speed and assemble the rest. so you didnt have to do the alternator bracket tap? that intake looks sick, I'll have to use it on my next build. i cant leak details but it'll be a gm old body and it wont have spark plugs. Did you have to put a new rack and master cylinder? why? I've never put a block together from custom parts i've only done rebuilds, do u tihnk its necessary to mill the heads and block if everything new?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by transam_00 View Post
    LOL Im jealous. Its gonna end up costing me close to 8. i was thinking maybe get a short block from kentucky speed and assemble the rest. so you didnt have to do the alternator bracket tap? that intake looks sick, I'll have to use it on my next build. i cant leak details but it'll be a gm old body and it wont have spark plugs. Did you have to put a new rack and master cylinder? why? I've never put a block together from custom parts i've only done rebuilds, do u tihnk its necessary to mill the heads and block if everything new?
    I think my altenator bracket is different than the F-body, it has 3 bolt holes and I only used 2and did not drill/tap for the 3rd hole, but the alt also has a bracket coming off the rear of it that bolted right in too.

I didn't need the manual rack, but wanted it (one less power draw on the motor). I went full manual brakes so I wouldn't have to worry about lack of vacuum with a bigger cam.

I'd always check to be sure all the mating surfaces are true before assembling, but most of time they should be fine... I milled and ported the hell out of my 241s to get as much out of them as possible without having to buy top shelf heads right now. Milling raises the compression and boosts efficiancy (going from 10:1-11:1 gives a 3-4% increase in torque)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I really like the "old school" nature of your build -- manual brakes and steering. Less weight, less drag on the engine, something you don't see guys doing these days on newer cars. Very cool.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Mark is a badass

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I really like the "old school" nature of your build -- manual brakes and steering. Less weight, less drag on the engine, something you don't see guys doing these days on newer cars. Very cool.
    Back years ago I had several older cars, everything from a 49 Packard, 67 Caprice, 66 valiant, 67 Catalina, 67 and 69 Chevelles.
    still have the 69 Chevelle in a tent at my parent's house for a future project. I already have it chopped and channeled down around a 4x4 S-10 blazer chassis and floor with an Olds Bravada AWD transfer case... When done I'll have my classic looking lowered down street car, but the advantage ultimate off the line traction
    Number 29 of 303 Saab Sonett3's build in 1970, converting it to RWD and using the drivetrain out of the 289 66 Mustang project "Hostang".
    Currently working on project "Hostang", a build for my 70 year old mother. Its a 66 Mustang chopped and channeled down around a modified 96 Honda Civic floor, suspension, and drivetrain. When finished she will have her front wheel drive fuel injected, turbocharged 66 Mustang that get 30+ mpg, close to 300hp, and can safely be driven all year round.

I like building them and driving them...I don't want the car driving me

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Wow! That an impressive list of off the wall builds. If I ever get down your way there will be a knock at your door.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Wow! That an impressive list of off the wall builds. If I ever get down your way there will be a knock at your door.
    Bring beer and a pack of Stacker 2s lol

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Back years ago I had several older cars, everything from a 49 Packard, 67 Caprice, 66 valiant, 67 Catalina, 67 and 69 Chevelles.
    still have the 69 Chevelle in a tent at my parent's house for a future project. I already have it chopped and channeled down around a 4x4 S-10 blazer chassis and floor with an Olds Bravada AWD transfer case... When done I'll have my classic looking lowered down street car, but the advantage ultimate off the line traction
    Number 29 of 303 Saab Sonett3's build in 1970, converting it to RWD and using the drivetrain out of the 289 66 Mustang project "Hostang".
    Currently working on project "Hostang", a build for my 70 year old mother. Its a 66 Mustang chopped and channeled down around a modified 96 Honda Civic floor, suspension, and drivetrain. When finished she will have her front wheel drive fuel injected, turbocharged 66 Mustang that get 30+ mpg, close to 300hp, and can safely be driven all year round.

Damn, incredible!!!!!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

that is one very busy gto. i don't think i could cut on mine like that. good luck. i can't wait to see it finished.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

It's gonna be weird not seeing the TRG paint scheme anymore.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

This things gonna be nasty

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Hell ya man... You must be my long lost twin! Odd projects are the best cause everybody looks at them and goes ?????
    And hey, if ya got the goat apart you might as well have some fun. Torches and welders for everyone!
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    that is one very busy gto. i don't think i could cut on mine like that. good luck. i can't wait to see it finished.
    Putting it back together is the easy part, making the 1st cut was definately the harest part mentally....after your fenders and quarter are laying on the floor in 10 pieces each you kinda have to keep working on it lol
    The new paint job here in a month or two will be brite but really tone it down.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Hell ya man... You must be my long lost twin! Odd projects are the best cause everybody looks at them and goes ?????
    And hey, if ya got the goat apart you might as well have some fun. Torches and welders for everyone!
    Atleast my ADD keeps my OCD in check

Red
    2000 Trans AM

Mark your an automotive genius. Too bad your a country away, I pay you to help me work on my car.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by transam_00 View Post
    Mark your an automotive genius. Too bad your a country away, I pay you to help me work on my car.
    If you make it out this way I work for beer and pizza.lol

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

That offer open to anyone?

hugger orange

That offer open to anyone?
    Just about lol

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Sweet, but knowing my luck I'd get busted for transporting alcohol across state lines lol.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Sweet, but knowing my luck I'd get busted for transporting alcohol across state lines lol.
    Just buy it when you got to his place...duh! lol

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information