Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    2002 Firebird Formula

It looks good. I'm just not a fan of that body style for some reason.

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

if you can find out the specs of your cam of the name of the model i can help you with tuning , but without the specs i cant, also idk if frost can tune it for you send him a pm he does alought of Awesome mail order tunes for ppl on here that have cams to nitrous .Fyi

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 402 Guru View Post
    if you can find out the specs of your cam of the name of the model i can help you with tuning , but without the specs i cant, also idk if frost can tune it for you send him a pm he does alought of Awesome mail order tunes for ppl on here that have cams to nitrous .Fyi

LOL -- It's all old school. Unless you can figure out a way for me to deposit the entire car into the mail slot at the Post Office, there's no way for me to send it to Frost for a tune.

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

hahaha well there is always train shipping plus i could add some extra miles on that beauty let me know and i'll send you my address

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

hahaha well there is always train shipping plus i could add some extra miles on that beauty let me know and i'll send you my address

It is actually the wife's car... has had it for over 20 years. I think it's safe to say that she won't be letting it out of her sight. Thanks for the offer though!

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

haha its cool i'm saving my dough up to make the wifey ( 402 wifey) a st gen camaroz28 .. when is the last time that you gave it a tune up ?

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    It is a whole lot of fun to drive. The restoration was a bit tedious though -- everything on the car was in need of serious TLC and they are just not easy cars to work on. Tell your mom it's never too late to pick up another C3. The prices are not all that bad and you can get a nice driver for $15,000 or less.
    hey my '81 c3 daily driver is for sale if the price is right.lol...speakin of which...what do you think i would be able to sell mine for?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

haha its cool i'm saving my dough up to make the wifey ( 402 wifey) a st gen camaroz28 .. when is the last time that you gave it a tune up ?

Last tune up was less than 80 miles ago -- did it all, checked timing, dwell, vacuum, plugs, idle, looked for vacuum leaks, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 402 Wifey View Post
    the vette just needs me 2 drive it i;ll replace the rubber when im done with her lol nooo jp have u uses a pro fuel system cleaner or changed the fuel filter in the past 35 k miles ? a bad batch of gas could clog up the fuel filter and leave bad gas clinged to your injectors. nice vette by the way

Probably would not hurt to change the fuel filter again. It's definitely not running out of gas though - lots of power and good plug color.

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    hey my '81 c3 daily driver is for sale if the price is right.lol...speakin of which...what do you think i would be able to sell mine for?

Not sure, check the local Autotrader, Craigslist and e-bay to get a feel for pricing in your area.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

LOL.....is it throwing any codes?

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

wow its damn good looking jeff, c3 vettes are the best IMO theres a 1973 with an original #'s matching 454 in my hometown, even has the weathered 454 badges, and its the same color as yours, (or i think, its really beatup/sundamaged)

pewter
    99 trans am

say jeff, what kinda mufflers are those? and do they sound nice?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    wow its damn good looking jeff, c3 vettes are the best IMO theres a 1973 with an original #'s matching 454 in my hometown, even has the weathered 454 badges, and its the same color as yours, (or i think, its really beatup/sundamaged)

1973 is easy to spot -- urethane front bumper and chrome rear bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    say jeff, what kinda mufflers are those? and do they sound nice?

Magnaflows. They sound awesome imo.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

1973 is easy to spot -- urethane front bumper and chrome rear bumper.
    thats it

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I had a 74 L-48 nice car when it was not on the jackstands.Did you do any work on the rear wheel bearings.I found out the hard way.They have to be taken apart and packed just like front wheel bearings.You can drop the trailing arms and have the stub axels pressed out and have them turned down so when you put it back together the bearings just slip on like they do in the front.When the bearings failed on mine I had to have the bearing cut off just to get it out of the trailing arm.Check this out if you didn't already know about it.It was not fun, or cheap and that was 1983.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by langss View Post
    I had a 74 L-48 nice car when it was not on the jackstands.Did you do any work on the rear wheel bearings.I found out the hard way.They have to be taken apart and packed just like front wheel bearings.You can drop the trailing arms and have the stub axels pressed out and have them turned down so when you put it back together the bearings just slip on like they do in the front.When the bearings failed on mine I had to have the bearing cut off just to get it out of the trailing arm.Check this out if you didn't already know about it.It was not fun, or cheap and that was 1983.

I spent many not too fun hours refurbishing the rear suspension. Our trailing arms were rusted junk, so I had to replace them. I installed all new bearings and used the original shims as a start for re-installing the spindles as I did not have a set up tool. I lucked out on one side and nailed the clearance. On the other, I had to press it all back apart to change the shim thickness by a hair to make it right. I am hoping the new bearings out live me so I don't have to go through that again.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Well then you know what I'm talking about.I had the stub axels turned down so the bearings were a slip fit.No more press fit.Its worth looking into since we both know your going to keep that car forever and trust me when the right one failed on my car,I was lucky going about 35.If I had still been on the freeway I might not be here today.Just my .02.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by langss View Post
    Well then you know what I'm talking about.I had the stub axels turned down so the bearings were a slip fit.No more press fit.Its worth looking into since we both know your going to keep that car forever and trust me when the right one failed on my car,I was lucky going about 35.If I had still been on the freeway I might not be here today.Just my .02.
    Did you have any warning it was on its way out?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

None what so ever.The only thing I even felt was the brakes seemd a little funny and I noticed the back of the car felt like it was making a lane change and the front was not probably caused by the tire going full negative camber and the back of the car just squating like it had a flat.So I pulled over and stopped and saw all the smoke.Trust me you do not want this to happen.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 402 Wifey View Post
    YOUR POSI could have gone out ?? that causes wheel slip! and as far as the brakes feeling funny. maybe you just need a good tune ?Most of the time , if you do modifications that are not stock to your car ,your car's cpu get pushed out of wack.maybe try getting it tuned ?? its pretty cheap , like 100 dollars

He had the spindle let loose and he almost lost a wheel -- we were discussing how much fun it is to service the rear wheel bearings in Corvettes.

pewter
    99 trans am

He had the spindle let loose and he almost lost a wheel -- we were discussing how much fun it is to service the rear wheel bearings in Corvettes.
    this is kinda scary to me...as i am experiencing strange clunking at times in my 81.....more like a clang....like metal is hitting metal..hmmm

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information