Page 75 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2535455571727374757677787995105115125175225275325 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 6719

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Nicccccccccccccccccccce Body Color

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13 View Post
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

98 T/A A4 with SLP Ram Air H.O. hood and 18" American Racing Rebels...
    You have a really unique color that is elegant and sporty all in one, is that the original color of the vehicle?

Good day,
    Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Super Rims!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
    Let me know what you guys think !! Thanks =)

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontia...s_Am/1998/8340
    Those are pretty nice rim on a nice Vehicle Fleck. At any case, I think all of us LS1 owners value our vehicle big time. It's like the babies of Babies huh?

Good day,
    Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up The Rear

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    Time for a new one and a first post for this section woohoo! Post em up!
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    What did you do to color the Rear Black? Did you have it painted on or purchased some sort of fitting add-on?

Love that Red TA,
    Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Bad Blue

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    That is some wild blue on your car exterior!!!! Did you get your vehicle painted? I have never seen a TA in that original color!!!!! You have a pretty and wild ride brother!!! Take care of it!

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up

Those are very super unique stripes and stickers you have on your TA. Did you get them custom designed!!!! Nice choice of colors on top of the black!!! Good job!!!!! Did you debate over white or yelllow over the black? I believe that would have looked really good too!!!

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up The Black Evil Sin

Your vehicle looks Evil!!! Can I sin!! Hahahahah You vehicle is really well put together. I see that you have the front Wings West ground effect on your Black Evil TA, do you also have the side skirts on them? If you do have skirts, where did you purchase them front!!!!

I love your vehicle man... oh, one last thing, did you have those Nose Grills custom made? If you didn't, can you let me know where you grabbed them from!!! Thanks..... I have a red TA

Good day,
    Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Super Camaro---- TA Instead

That's a super hot Camaro Conversion!!! Come on, admit to it, you want a Trans Am!!!! I bet you can make a better conversion with a TA than that of a Camaro!!! At any rate, you ride is pretty fine, though losing the ground lights wouldn't hurt!

Good day and keep that baby Shiny!
    Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing about your story and those pics. It's good to see actual damaged TA and they hold up upon impact.

Click for full size[/QUOTE]

Did the insurance replace your TA with another one?

Matthew

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    That is some wild blue on your car exterior!!!! Did you get your vehicle painted? I have never seen a TA in that original color!!!!! You have a pretty and wild ride brother!!! Take care of it!

Matthew
    it is a original color..actually both are. one is metalic blue. the other one is also a very rare color. the black back is called the ceta mod. do a search for ceta mod and you will see.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

nws Ground Effect Question

Thanks for the explanation! I spent half the day viewing people's TA in this thread, which I should have years back. I noticed you are a TA die hard! 5 years ago, I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase my Red TA new. I currently only have 11,800 miles on it. Upon the purchase, I add the original Ram Air hood, stripes, spoiler, and Wings West ground effects. I color sanded the all the pieces and buffed it up to a super shine after the paint job.

At any rate, I imitated my vehicle after a TA that I saw in an issue of High Performance Pontiac:

The side skirt from Wings West is suppose to fit around the Original Factory skirt... though it didn't fit right and I just went ahead with the application. At any rate, I had to smog check the vehicle (here in California) for re-registration this year. I had to remove the skirt for they were hanging too low on the Smog Dyno at the shop. The smog is done and I want to replace those awful skirt with better fitting ones that flow. The only other one that I have seen is from Vizage. Do you or anyone else here knows what is the best fitting skirts for the TAs without having to remove the existing OEM skirts?

Here is an image of someone else's TA with the Vizage skirt installed. It evidently fitted but I'm not sure if it's a perfect fit.

Thanks for all of your inputs.
    Good day,
    Matthew
    P.S. And Yes, from this forum, I think people are right about the Wings West spoiler not looking too cool on the TA

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    it is a original color..actually both are. one is metalic blue. the other one is also a very rare color. the black back is called the ceta mod. do a search for ceta mod and you will see.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yea like you said the wing rubs alot of people the wrong way but oh well..besides that good looking bird.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Matthew, just my two cents on this, but if you want to tie the white body kit into the red car, instead of painting it. you need to do the CETA mod to the back in white. My personal anyway, and what's wrong with the wing? if it's part of the kit, got for it!

Midnight Blue
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Those are pretty nice rim on a nice Vehicle Fleck. At any case, I think all of us LS1 owners value our vehicle big time. It's like the babies of Babies huh?

Good day,
    Matthew
    Thanks =) you have any pics of your baby posted ????

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up TA Exterior CETA Improvement

My first Pontiac was a brand new 1989 Maroon Firebird decked out with factory painted silver ground effects that went all around the vehicle made of Fiberglass. Remember that model? Back in 89, that vehicle was the cream of the crop since it resemble the Corvette big time.... later on when I screwed up the paint and waxed it in sunlight (young and dum), Painted it Aqua Blue with White ground effects. I'll post an image if I can find it when I get home.

At any rate, I'm attracted to the TwoTone effect, I feel that you have to make it known that you those skirts on. By the way, another reason is that my current ground effects are white because I hand spray can painted them. That way I can always touch them up without bringing it to a shop. Hell, rocks and debris from the road will chip the paint off those Urethane very quickly. Since we driver performance vehicle, we punch it every time we are in that cockpit. Many don't believe I hand painted those pieces.

Your suggestion for the rear white Ceta Mod is way cool with me, though I don't want any idiots to touch my vehicle at a shop. I'm not sure how Ceta is done, but I imagine it needs to be spray painted on. I wish a part attachment was made for that. Speaking of shop, when I purchased the vehicle with custom rims and took it home... the front tire kept on going flat from a rim leak. I had to bring it into the tire station where the dealer had those rims installed... while my vehicle was on the lift with the front tire off, one of the idiots there lowered the freakin lift and the rotor sat on the floor. This was on a brand new vehicle I tell you........ 2 years after that when I rotated the tires, the front rotor studs broke from the applied pressure of the lift lowering on it.

I had to replace the front rotors along with all the studs, etc. I don't know what it is, but I think the GM studs sucks for they are too week.

By the way, the images posted here don't do much justice for any of us, for all of our vehicles are much more impressive in person. My car looks toy Hot Wheel like and does not resemble any other Trans Am on the road. It also looks like the Batmobile!!!

I'm currently struggling over how to deal with the Wings West Side skirt since I had to remove them for the Smog Check here in California. Damn those pieces suck for they don't really fit right. I feel the need to purchase Vizage pieces but don't know if they will have a perfect fit.

Last note, the Tail and the ground effects are all for looks.... if you are looking for performance, torque, and HP, I believe those pieces should be left off the vehicle for they take up too much weight. The imports are quick because they are weightless. The Lancer is an example of a very quick import that can perform as well as Trans Am. The awful as this may sound, the Ram Air hood should be left off as well. That hood does take up much weight along with the custom rims.

At any rate, thanks for the suggestion. I'll work it in somehow without having to paint it ?

Good day Trans Am lover!!!
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Matthew, just my two cents on this, but if you want to tie the white body kit into the red car, instead of painting it. you need to do the CETA mod to the back in white. My personal anyway, and what's wrong with the wing? if it's part of the kit, got for it!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Your Suggestion-------------------------

Alright..... how do you like it Sharpy!!!

Not bad looking with the white huh?

Good day sir,
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

I just got mine a week ago. Only pic is in my sig and was taken by the dealer. More will come after I do some stuff to it.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Super Nice Color

That's a very nice Metallic color that's unique and meticulous! Keep that puppy shine and waxed.

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Smile Modifications for you Sharpy!

Hey Sharpy! I did some color play for you..... check it out:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56632

Some would disagree, but I somewhat feel that your very own TA should be unique and attractive, whether it be the color or some modifications you made to it. Other than that, it should be fun to drive when you step on it. Modification should be kept in line though and not too too wild.

Good day,
    Matthew

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Matthew, I have the West Wing Kit it also (not installed yet) and I'm starting to also worry about the side skirts. I see in your pic that your white side skirts stick out alot farther than the same side skirts on other Trans Am's.
    Did you purposefully want them to stick out a little more than usual or was that the only way that you could get them on?? I've seen the kit on some other cars on this site but the side skirts seemed to go straight down.
    Lately I have been thinkin about just having the front piece put on-I've also seen it done that way alot too.

JR.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Skirt Fitting

Justin,

Read the Wings West instruction. It doesn't say anything about removing the existing manufacture skirt. I contacted them and they say that it should be installed over the existing ones.

You better trial fit those skirts on before actually installing them. Once you remove the two sided tape, that's it! My skirt from them did not hug around the curves very well... for them to hug, I had to install it just as you see in these pictures. Those skirts are very bulky. The photos from people on here that you see, I'm sure the shop that installed it for them had to reshape the inner edges of the skirts to make it fit well. In as far as sticking out, since mine are white compared to the others, you can see the edge detail much better. If it was all one color with the vehicle, it's difficult for you to tell in the photos on her.

I suggest using WW front and back. The fit is good. Oh, I had to take my skirt off for the smog check... and after four years, the double sided tape came off somewhat though did nick some paint from the OEM skirt. Becareful.

I"m thinking getting Vizage side skirt, but no one has replied to me as of yet about their fit and installation. I'm very cautious about forking over another $500 for external parts. Even from the seller, I felt unsure about their reply as to the fitting of the part. I have been looking for Fiberglass parts for the TA but have had no luck.

Best Regards as you fit those pieces in there.... keep in mind that edging out the inner skirt corners will give it a better fit,
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Matthew, I have the West Wing Kit it also (not installed yet) and I'm starting to also worry about the side skirts. I see in your pic that your white side skirts stick out alot farther than the same side skirts on other Trans Am's.
    Did you purposefully want them to stick out a little more than usual or was that the only way that you could get them on?? I've seen the kit on some other cars on this site but the side skirts seemed to go straight down.
    Lately I have been thinkin about just having the front piece put on-I've also seen it done that way alot too.

JR.

Page 75 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2535455571727374757677787995105115125175225275325 ... LastLast

Thread Information