'02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post

That is so not cool.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    That is so not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    if i were spending that kind of money on a new car right now, i think it would be the challenger. i should say that would only be after driving both.
    I'm with you. If I really just had to have a new car,,,the challenger is where I would be looking.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
    I have AN 02 z AND i WAS TEMPTED MY SELF but then I snaped out of it and realized, hey my car is payed for and if i put a little money into it my car will run with the new LS3. Dont forget our cars a quite a bit lighter and definatly more aerodynamic plus they just look awesome

just yesterday i told my girlfriend (while in my z28, [blasphemy]), that i would rather have a new ss instead. but then I realized that I don't feel like having a car payment but I dunno that nice new car idea will likely fade once i install my headers that are still in the box from 2 years ago lol

Blk
    2002 Camaro z28

Same here. The new Camaro does nothing for me. In fact I'm disappointed. It looks huge, bulky, heavier, (it is), small windows etc. No "bang for the buck." I bought my '02 brand new for $26k fully loaded, leather etc. Took care of her, spent only $4k on heads, cam, headers, dyno tune etc. installed and I blow the new Camaro off the road.
    We were all sad when GM decided to cancel the Camaro. So I think there was pent-up desire for a new one that would rival the stang. IMHO those desiring this new one are falling pray and just accepting what they (GM) came up with. Not what I expected is all.
    I will continue to keep my lill Black Bitch alive and give it to my son - a REAL car.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Take one for a test drive. I drove my sisters father-in-laws 2SS Sunday and it's a nice car overall, but it's a much bigger car than mine. I'm looking forward to taking mine over to his place and seeing it next to his.
    Last edited by SiggyZ; 06-23-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    where is the Z28? the SS is okay, but some of us love the Z

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Click for full size

that....is nice. is there an actual pre-production model out? there's been rumors of it possibly having like an LS9.

and what about the other 4 concept camaros? the LS7, BLACK, etc. are they still to be produced?

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Here's some info on the Z28 and the vert.

http://jalopnik.com/5176933/camaro-z...urther-delayed

http://www.motorauthority.com/previe...amaro-z28.html

From what I've read, the Z28 was going to get the supercharged LSA out of the CTS-V, putting out 556hp.

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    that....is nice. is there an actual pre-production model out? there's been rumors of it possibly having like an LS9.

and what about the other 4 concept camaros? the LS7, BLACK, etc. are they still to be produced?
    Last edited by SiggyZ; 06-23-2009 at 08:59 PM.

The Z28 and the LS9 idea has all fell by the wayside. After all this bankruptcy crap and the tree hugging government taking control I don't look for GM to have much of anything in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss93 View Post
    Same here. The new Camaro does nothing for me. In fact I'm disappointed. It looks huge, bulky, heavier, (it is), small windows etc. No "bang for the buck." I bought my '02 brand new for $26k fully loaded, leather etc. Took care of her, spent only $4k on heads, cam, headers, dyno tune etc. installed and I blow the new Camaro off the road.
    We were all sad when GM decided to cancel the Camaro. So I think there was pent-up desire for a new one that would rival the stang. IMHO those desiring this new one are falling pray and just accepting what they (GM) came up with. Not what I expected is all.
    I will continue to keep my lill Black Bitch alive and give it to my son - a REAL car.
    I agree. With all the hype for more than a year before production I think people were just happy to have something. I personally think it could have been much better in many areas and wasn't what I was expecting at all.
    But I've felt that way about most new cars which is why I've bought and held on to a small collection of cars from the 50's to the 70's for the last 30 years. They aren't going to make em' like that anymore.
    Our 4th gens make great daily drivers with enough comfort and economy along with enough power to satisfy us, so I see no need to change at the moment.
    But you can take my opinion with a grain of salt,,,,coming from a guy that still enjoys driving 30-40 year old cars with drum brakes and manual steering

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I agree. With all the hype for more than a year before production I think people were just happy to have something. I personally think it could have been much better in many areas and wasn't what I was expecting at all.
    But I've felt that way about most new cars which is why I've bought and held on to a small collection of cars from the 50's to the 70's for the last 30 years. They aren't going to make em' like that anymore.
    Our 4th gens make great daily drivers with enough comfort and economy along with enough power to satisfy us, so I see no need to change at the moment.
    But you can take my opinion with a grain of salt,,,,coming from a guy that still enjoys driving 30-40 year old cars with drum brakes and manual steering

Listen i dont mind manual steering but drum brakes, those just suck.

Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

.....so I test drove one, my body was really confused becaused I'm so used to how my 02 drives that the smoothness in it almost felt akward...and it had no gas so I couldn't drive it very far...so I'm gonna need a round 2 for sure...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I've driven one too and it was the 2SS. It's a big sucker compared to our cars, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
    .....so I test drove one, my body was really confused becaused I'm so used to how my 02 drives that the smoothness in it almost felt akward...and it had no gas so I couldn't drive it very far...so I'm gonna need a round 2 for sure...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

the new camaro just cost way too much and delivers too little.
    the weight difference is tremendous and they have poor visibility.
    i'll just keep on moding and repairing the 02 Z28.

if... and thats a huge if gm brings out a Z28 that does 0-60 in 4seconds i would consider it in a few years. but it would probably cost close to corvette pricing.

i look at numbers all day and i just doesn't make sense unless your old car is shot.

blu

test drove a gxp hit a corner that i always take in my ss ,thought i was going to lose it felt like the tires were folding over,had good lowend torque but im almost sure the ss would outrun it in any race ,the 6.0 g-8 is a better value,

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Listen i dont mind manual steering but drum brakes, those just suck.
    Ya I guess some people just can't deal with it. I've never found a need to upgrade, they get the job done for me.

the new camaro is just sex on wheels man. i want one now

black
    99 z28 a4

pretty sure the rumors are if it goes its gunna get the lsa outta the cts-v

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya I guess some people just can't deal with it. I've never found a need to upgrade, they get the job done for me.
    Then you must not do any agressive driving that requires braking lol. My 2000 t/a didnt have good enough brakes, neither did my legacy or my 2001 cbr600f4i, nether did my supra. So i upgraded them all. All my vehicles have atleast rotors and pads upgraded some have more than that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information