Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what headers

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Whatever you do, avoid buying SLP headers, as long as you buy anything else, you are making a solid decision. SLPs=regret
    +1 im living proof. pace setters are a good cheap brand and kooks are a great expensive brand. there are plenty in between.

Black
    1998 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by RAWPWR3 View Post

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Okay, I thought for a second there that my exhaust hung too low, but it looks about like that. I just couldn't get past the fact that the header collectors angle up but the y-pipe sagged some. It bothered me but I couldn't get it any higher.

NBM
    2002 Firehawk T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Wow. Thanks for the post on the SLP headers. I'll make sure to inform people I know about them. I was leaning towards Kook's myself. I am not aware of any ground clearance issues with those. Is anyone else aware? Also, does anyone know how Kook's will sound with the SLP Loud Mouth?
    they will sound awesome,kooks,y/w high flow cats, slp dual dual- the resonator

black
    2000 Trans Am

do many people run headers on their Daily Drivers? i was just wondering because im looking at pacesetter header Ypipe package. and also iv herd that the pacesetter Y-pipe isnt any good, why is that? thanks

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    BigGuns who did you order your LPP's from? I would like a set of LPP's as they seem to be the in-between ceramic coated and high end ARH, Kooks Stainless.

To answer the post the Hooker headers are a good alternative to inexpensive ceramic coated header. The Y-Pipe for Hooker for the headers is a 2 1/2. I ended up swaying towards Pacesetters as they tuck just a hair bit better and the Y-Pipe is a 3' which will produce a little better flow. I was in the same pickle as you and that was my conclusion. If I can get LPP's I'll jump on them however they have been out of stock so it looks like I'll go Pacesetters unless I find a stainless pair used in great condition for good money.
    I installed the Hooker LT ceramic coated 30 months ago, there is some surface rust showing in spots now. BTW, the ORY I got with it is a 3", not 2.5".
    And, my ground clearance improved with this setup compared to OE.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Oh Christ. Those look horrid. I'm glad I got LPP. Who the hell designed those? Jeeezus.
    I have often wondered what brand my headers were, as they were already on the car when I bought it.

That looks very familiar! I assume I have SLP.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^I came close to buying SLP headers, people here steered me away. At least you didn't buy them yourself.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

I was wrong.......popped the hood today, and got to lookin around, I've got Hooker Super Comps. But, my #5 pipe going into the collector has been banged to hell. I noticed earlier in the thread somone had cut out and patched a flat spot.

Other than increased backpressure, can it hurt the engine?

I'm at 94800 miles. Just changed the plate on the Borla exhaust from the 50% to the 100% thru the muffler. Noticing a little noise from the engine, maybe starting to sound a little loose, but still PLENTY strong. GT500 stangs get pissed the old LS1 hangs with em.

Tried to get an SRT10 Viper to play today, but he was apparently to good to play with a Camaro!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

That won't hurt the engine, as long as the pipe isn't restricted. Like you said, the #5 cylinder will be barely down on power compared to the others.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Al Hazz View Post
    do many people run headers on their Daily Drivers? i was just wondering because im looking at pacesetter header Ypipe package. and also iv herd that the pacesetter Y-pipe isnt any good, why is that? thanks
    Yes, many people run LT's on their daily driver. Mine car isn't but I wouldn't have any issues if I did. I have the ceramic coated Pacesetter LT's w/ a Pacesetter ORY. I don't know why someone would tell you that the ORY isn't any good. I haven't had any issues with mine and my car is lowered almost 2 inches. Oversize sppeed bumps are a little more challenging but....other than that I love the set up. I just don't see the benefit to spending $1000 or more on headers. Makes no sense IMO.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 conv'

Dose anyone here have some feedback on the BBK F-Body Full Length Headers system. They headers system come with the Y pipe and sell for 499.99 (summitracing) for the Ceramic Coated set. It's sound like a good deal to me but I'm looking for some info on ground clearance, fit, quality, power gains...(BBK claim 15-25hp gain over stock) Any one here running this setup?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information