Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Thought about a supercharged 3800, those make good power?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Thats alot of power for a V6. Yes it can be done but would I call it reliable....no. You want a DD and something 'different' thus the V6. Really what is different? Everything has been to a car is some form or fashion.

I second the notion on the LSX swap. With some weight reduction you can be at the same level as the V6's. Also how many people have a LS3 swap!?

So much easier to throw 400 rwhp with the LSX and always have it. I get great gas mileage too!

Just my .02 cents...

Black
    99 WS6

no joke...your wallet would be much bigger if you'd stick a LSX motor in than build a V6 to match the power of the V8. I HATE the sound of a V6...my buddy has an insane 97 maxima with a 3.5 swap putting down about 270 whp. he runs nose to nose with my 99 WS6 but i can't get over that tuner sound

green
    1994 camaro

hey guys sorry its been awhile i have had a lot going on in my teenage life. bottom line is i got laid off. so theres goes my nice high HP V6 project for this summer. im now looking for a regular ole 3.4L engine that is running to swap out and start my project on the old block i pull. or something like that. so basically i need you guys help. if you guys could help me find a 3.4L to drop in my 1994 camaro i would love it. i kinda have to have it to get different jobs to support my speed addiction (and yes i mean driving ) and of course as it is in any case money is a factor. surprise surprise. shoot me some numbers if you guys can find stuff. ill try and afford it or see what i can do. may have to pull a couple extra jobs to afford it but hey you do what you gotta right? i figured one of you guys might of pulled a v-6 out and set it aside and replaced it with a v8. bottom line i need it to run and i figured who to trust by guys that share my passion. thanks guys please help me out.

Black
    99 WS6

start checking on ebay...why are you against a V8. right now there is a LT1 with transmission on ebay for 1000 bucks...you can't beat that bro

Sofa King we Todd did

Black
    1990 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
    start checking on ebay...why are you against a V8. right now there is a LT1 with transmission on ebay for 1000 bucks...you can't beat that bro
    Lot more work involved swapping in an LT1 than swapping the heads and having a car just as fast

I don't know about any of the other v6 members, but this certainly isn't my first car, and have built many v8's through the last 17yrs wrenching, matter of fact working on a twin turbo 355 3rd gen Camaro, and a 396 big block '68 Impala right now - built a 355/th400-powered "Moustang" a few years ago, put a Chevy Corsica in the 12's, in the process of building a '86 BMW I6 and my '90 Firebird v6, what's it really matter?

Your friend probably has some fart cans that make his car sound like that

Nothing against v8's, just don't understand why everyone wants to tell another how to build their project instead of offering up advice.

Black
    99 WS6

He wants cheap power...you will spend much more money making a V6 reach 500 hp than making a V8 do the same...my buddy keeps it quiet on the street with his V6 but has cut-outs for the track

green
    1994 camaro

lol hey i agree with ya can't beat that deal for a thousand dollars. but its alot of unnecesary work droppint that big!#$ v8 into that bay. and then swapping trannys.

i am with forced on this one i would love a high HP v6 even though it costs more. i had a v8 and they are good strong engines. but im looking forward to wiping the smiles off and passing tissues around when all the v8 preachers get left behind by a 6 cylinder. and i can imagine that those same v8 preachers would put cash down that my v6 couldnt.

anyway, i have checked ebay and nothing really jumping at me yet. and your right partially fast. i want a decently cheap STOCK v6 to drop in right now to get my DD back. then i can build off the old block and make the expensive monster i want. SLOWLY lol bacause as a 17 year old i don't think major dime can be dropped anytime soon.

honestly i was hopeing somebody on here had a regular 3.4l still in good runnning order. i figure who to trust when buying from ppl you don't know? guys who have been there. im just a kid trying to afford my addiction and learn from my elders. thanks guys.

green
    1994 camaro

Wink

no joke...your wallet would be much bigger if you'd stick a LSX motor in than build a V6 to match the power of the V8. I HATE the sound of a V6...my buddy has an insane 97 maxima with a 3.5 swap putting down about 270 whp. he runs nose to nose with my 99 WS6 but i can't get over that tuner sound
    o and a btw.

that noise you don't like prlly isn't the v6 its probly that lil badge on the side that reads nissan.

the guy who had my camaro before me (not saying it was right or a good choice) had exhaust work done. and many times i have been asked what v8 im runing. it sounds nothing like a v6. i personally think its more about what exhaust you run when your talking about sound because i have seen a v8 with a super restrcictive exhaust that my moms explorer was louder than.

Black
    99 WS6

that guy is running low 13's in the 1/4 with street tires on a fwd...a stock ls1 wouldnt want to run him from a roll I promise.

Sofa King we Todd did

Black
    1990 Firebird

that guy is running low 13's in the 1/4 with street tires on a fwd...a stock ls1 wouldnt want to run him from a roll I promise.

I posted about the Corsica when we built it...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73249

Last run was 12.9, but the owner is running out of cash and is wanting to sell off the engine

Black
    1967 Amazon

I was amused that it took 13 posts to get to "put a V8 in it", something the original poster told y'all NOT to say. I'm interested in the 660 specifically for its external dimensions, since no 90°V, 6 or 8, that I'm aware of will fit comfortably in the engine bay of a Volvo 122S.

Thread Information