Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    they are suspending pontiac..not outright killing it... so pontiac will be back once the economy starts to bounce back and gm starts to gain strength..see you in 2012 Pontiac..
    I'd love to see them bring the pontiac brand back in the future but I think thats wishful thinking. Everything Im reading says dead or finished.

CONFIRMED: from www.pontaic.com
    Pontiac Statement and Q&A
    April 27, 2008, 7 am
    Pontiac brand to be phased out as part of GM’s more aggressive restructuring efforts
    BACKGROUND
    Since its inception in 1926, Pontiac has been known for delivering vehicles with both performance
    and value. Over the past several years, the brand has been closely associated first with GMC
    and then with Buick.
    Statement attributable to Susan Docherty, GM North American Vice President, Buick-
    Pontiac-GMC:
    “Anyone who has been associated with the Pontiac brand knows that this was a difficult decision.
    Pontiac has had a rich and storied history, but unfortunately, despite the efforts of all concerned,
    the brand has been unprofitable over the past several years. We had hoped in our February 17
    Viability Plan to convert Pontiac to a niche brand within the Buick-Pontiac-GMC channel.
    However, the Viability Plan as submitted was not acceptable. GM was further challenged to take
    more significant restructuring actions which would allow the company to be viable even in these
    unprecedented market conditions and in any future cyclical market downturns. These
    restructuring actions require further sacrifice by all stakeholders: GM employees, suppliers,
    investors and dealers.
    As part of these renewed restructuring efforts, we spent considerable time formulating Pontiac
    portfolio scenarios that would allow the brand to be sustainable and profitable long term.
    Unfortunately after careful evaluation, none of these scenarios proved viable.
    Therefore, GM is announcing the phase out of the Pontiac brand by year end 2010. This action
    will allow General Motors to devote its limited capital and other resources to GM’s four core
    brands: Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC.”
    Q&A
    Q: What happens to my Pontiac vehicle warranty?
    A: Pontiac vehicle warranty coverage is unchanged.
    Q: Where can Pontiac customers get their vehicles serviced, especially if they have
    been visiting a Pontiac-only dealership?
    A: Customer service is paramount. Customers can have their vehicles serviced at any
    Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealership.
    Q. Will parts continue to be available for my Pontiac product?
    A. Yes. Pontiac parts will continue to be available for the foreseeable future.
    Q. Should I be worried about obtaining service for my Pontiac if my Pontiac dealer is
    closing?
    A. No. Eighty-five percent of the Buick-Pontiac-GMC sales are currently sold through Buick-
    Pontiac-GMC aligned dealers. There are about 1,600 Buick-Pontiac-GMC aligned
    dealerships throughout the United States. Our customer assistance center (US: 1-800-
    762-2737; Canada 1-800-263-3777; Mexico 01 800 466 08 08) will provide Pontiac
    customers with the location of the closest Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealer in the event the
    selling dealer closes.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

White
    1998 Trans Am

Well the worst part is now the only chioce I have for GM cars anymore is the Vette, new Camaro, or the CTS VSPEC. I really liked that G8 alot too.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

this sucks

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Well the worst part is now the only chioce I have for GM cars anymore is the Vette, new Camaro, or the CTS VSPEC. I really liked that G8 alot too.
    you could still get the g8..there are tons of them on the lot..they never really sold like expected..that and there will be a few gxp's.

black
    2002 WS6

There is a reason they never sold. sticker here in Canada where i am is 37K for the V6, hmm wonder why the units haven;t moved. Wonder if GM ever looked at what the customers were spending money on and ever thought about oh say a price reduction or producing something that the people actually want.

They killed the Grand Am, that sold well. Sunfires sold well. All the cars that sold well, they killed off. And prices have gone to points on the line where the average customer can't afford anything but the little econo boxes.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    There is a reason they never sold. sticker here in Canada where i am is 37K for the V6, hmm wonder why the units haven;t moved. Wonder if GM ever looked at what the customers were spending money on and ever thought about oh say a price reduction or producing something that the people actually want.

They killed the Grand Am, that sold well. Sunfires sold well. All the cars that sold well, they killed off. And prices have gone to points on the line where the average customer can't afford anything but the little econo boxes.
    ya really . . . it might not be, but, to me, it seems like a grand am is one of the most common (i guess you would call it) car in the US. It was one of those cars that are everywhere but people still like em. I don't know the actual facts on how well they sold, but i don't understand why they stopped makin em.
    Same with sunfires and cavaliers on the chevy side.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I'd have a hard time buying a car that doesn't have a word for a name. i.e. G3, G4, G5, G6, G8, CTS, STS, DTS, SRX, XLR, M3, RAV4, ...give me a break. I want a Camaro, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Corvette, Silverado(although trucks get a pass on names), Blazer, Escalade...ya KNOW??

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I'd have a hard time buying a car that doesn't have a word for a name. i.e. G3, G4, G5, G6, G8, CTS, STS, DTS, SRX, XLR, M3, RAV4, ...give me a break. I want a Camaro, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Corvette, Silverado(although trucks get a pass on names), Blazer, Escalade...ya KNOW??
    Good point.

In 2005, when I was shopping for a new car, I wanted a Firebird.

Black
    1999 Blazer LS 2DR

heard about it yesterday, but why pontiac and not buick? idk seems like pontiac is a lot bigger than buick.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by NickNuggetZ28 View Post
    heard about it yesterday, but why pontiac and not buick? idk seems like pontiac is a lot bigger than buick.
    Look at some sales figures and look whats on the road.

Plus look at asia's gm market

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

here is the link from Yahoo on the death of pontiac..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090427/..._ge/us_gm_plan

why the hell they kept buick and scrapped pontiac hell if i know... but that caps it for me..i will stick to the dodge ram and building old school cars ...thank god for the aftermarket tho..or else we'd all be screwed..

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

SLP is making 250, 500 hp G8's, that they are badging as a Firehawk. Too bad they are going going to cost $51,000.00. It may be a Pontiac to buy and put away. The car is just a sc G8 GT, and they have plans for a cheaper G8, just not a so called Firehawk. Seen it on powerblock last weekend.

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Unhappy

Such a sad thing. I am actually speechless.

RIP Pontiac!!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    They killed the Grand Am, that sold well.
    Kinda.
    They basicly just renamed it the G6 in my opinion.

I got my Pontiac. I am good.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I heard through the GM grapevine today that Buick is planning on adding a sports car to its line-up. If its as bad ass as the Grand National, that'd be cool.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

saw a black 87 t-type last saturday at a local cruise in ,saw a gnx a couple of years ago at a show in fla.i really like those cars they looked mean and could back it up,just like a t/a.think maybe the solstice will be a buick????surely not,right?

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    saw a black 87 t-type last saturday at a local cruise in ,saw a gnx a couple of years ago at a show in fla.i really like those cars they looked mean and could back it up,just like a t/a.think maybe the solstice will be a buick????surely not,right?
    theres acutually a buick gsx concept floatin around from a while ago based off the holden coupe 60

i'm not familiar with buick, and what cars could fit sedans or coupes, but with the holden sedans and coupes i think it's work them comin over here more. i'd personally like some variety now that my favorite auto brand (the older models more so than some of the newer) just died as some light at the end of the tunnel. maybe a grand national? i think it could be bad ass. i'd rather my new bad ass cars be pontiacs vs senior citizen buicks but if its like the g8, it could be good. the g8 brought my confidence back to pontiac after killing off all their heritage, but now its all gone

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    theres acutually a buick gsx concept floatin around from a while ago based off the holden coupe 60
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    i'm not familiar with buick, and what cars could fit sedans or coupes, but with the holden sedans and coupes i think it's work them comin over here more. i'd personally like some variety now that my favorite auto brand (the older models more so than some of the newer) just died as some light at the end of the tunnel. maybe a grand national? i think it could be bad ass. i'd rather my new bad ass cars be pontiacs vs senior citizen buicks but if its like the g8, it could be good. the g8 brought my confidence back to pontiac after killing off all their heritage, but now its all gone
    Buick used to have some pretty kick ass muscle cars back in the day. I used to own a 72 Skylark GS455. It's performance was comparable to the Chevelles and GTOs in that era. It would be nice to see a GN or another GSX but I doubt it the way the economy and Gas Guzzler stuff is going these days.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information