vorteclover350

Cool quarter mile times for 1500 5.3 anyone??

Hi I just got a gtech meter and did some quater mile pulles ,the gtech gives readings of HP, and time ET at the end of a run ,but I am thinking this thing is worng ,in the HP setup its telling me that the truck makes 125HP with a 5.3 LS1 ,HEADERS ,COLDAIR INTAKE, cold air pickup hose under foglight PORTED TBODY , CATBACK 3'' ,125HP,,NO WAY ??
    At the end of a qutermile its giving me a 16et at 97MPH any one know what a truck like this shoud run in the quarter , it eats up quad cab Dodges with that hemi by a truck and a half , I also will install a LS6 VETcam and roller rockers soon ,

lee1rbc
    I think I would get my money back on that Gtech and spend a weekend at the dyno and strip. None of your reading make any sense!?! Being that your an A4 at 97mph you should be at a 13.90 to 14.20 depending on your 60ft. I'm also guessing that you would dyno around 270rwhp. This is just a guess but i'm sure thats closer to the truth then that Gtech.

vorteclover350
    Thanks for the reply, wow if were right about the 14.20 I would be happy AS PIGS EATING SHIT ,,with that ,but with the truck weight at 5,300 its unlikeley ,but like you side take it to the track ,only thing track in my area is at 3.200 feet ,palmdale ,LACR ,SOCAL and I am at 500 feet above sea level ,
    ONE THING I will say a BMW ,I think M3,or 325I 4door pulled up to me and gave it a revv ,were we do a little testing on the street not to safe but,,, he gave me about 3/4 jump and just passed me at the end of the 1/4,BY 1/2 CAR may be sand baging just a little ,but he gave me the thumbs up , not to bad for a camper puller ,
    Mike

lee1rbc
    I'm not positive but looking up your truck it shows a vehicle weight of 4400lbs and a payload weight of 5300lbs. http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/N...793/Act/Specs/Also Also that 14seconds est. is based on the 97mph time. Here is a link of your truck in the 1/4mile. From what you have said I think you could better this time maybe 14.8?
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...slip-3128.html

white1
    I would say mid to low 15's maybe high 14's. What configuration is it? I have a RCSB but mines a 4wd. With LS1 fans, cam tune, and cat back, I was running 15.2- 15.5. Keep in mind mines a 4wd, but I also had a cam and tune. I think I dynoed around 245-250 or so, I dont remember exactly. Just swap in a 6l with a big cam if you want some good numbers

vorteclover350
    HI,Thanks to all ,,I have a ex-cab short bed ,2 wheel drive 5.3 ,4L60E ,I was thinking about the LS6 stock vette cam .PN 12565308,with roller rockers ,I was just at a book store and picked up CHEVYLS1/LS6 V8s HOW TO BUILD ,GREAT book
    They recomend ,for the truck ,LS6 stock cam, headers, cold air intake , 3'' catback , and a hand held porgramer ,and 94 octane,if you can get that? I can only get 91 here in california, Thanks guys

white1
    Quote Originally Posted by vorteclover350
    HI,Thanks to all ,,I have a ex-cab short bed ,2 wheel drive 5.3 ,4L60E ,I was thinking about the LS6 stock vette cam .PN 12565308,with roller rockers ,I was just at a book store and picked up CHEVYLS1/LS6 V8s HOW TO BUILD ,GREAT book
    They recomend ,for the truck ,LS6 stock cam, headers, cold air intake , 3'' catback , and a hand held porgramer ,and 94 octane,if you can get that? I can only get 91 here in california, Thanks guys

DEFINATLY DO NOT get a handheld programer. I actually slowed down with mine. Get a custom tune. Personally if I was going through the truouble of a cam swap, Id get something more agressive than the LS6 cam. Also with a heavy truck, you will be happier with a tighter LSA. I have that book also, and it is good, but I have learned a lot more from sites like this and performancetrucks.net than that book tells you. I have also learned a lot through trial and error. I had 4 or 5 different cams in my 5.3, but Im on my first in my 6l, and very happy with it. I would sugest calling Cam motion, or another custom cam maker or Futral motor sports, or Thunder racing to get a cam recomendation.
    I think long tube headers and a stall with a decent cam and a tune and you would be really suprised.

LS1+LT1=980hp

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Trans Am Firehawk

I ran 15.8 in mid summer on my dad's extended cab longbed 5.3- bone stock!
    BMRacing LT1 - Ls1 - 4.6mod - 5.0 - Some Imports

vorteclover350
    Thanks everyone, The one thing that you need to keep in mind is the truck needs to pass the california smog check ,LS6 CAM IS STOCK in the cad truck .. but i will call Cam Motion and see what they have to offer ,I also use the truck for towing ,so I need to keep the trq up,and LS6 cam will ,as the hand held programer gos it works for me , if anything I don't cutout after 95MPH with the speed limeter. and the programer to stayaway from is the hypertech that one sucks for sure but your right these dont have much to offer .

Thread Information