Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

i like the subs that dont rattle your shit with low bass cuz with my cutout open i got enough low sound to rattle stuff the subs gotta hit nice crisp highs
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

yeah sony isnt very good as far as subs go!! That is if you were too go the walmart way lol, thats why you see alot of those around is there cheap!! i have 2 12' kicker L7's and two 1000w mono amps and wow it loud, i like kicker but thats just my .02
    Last edited by devildogws6; 01-26-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    stay away from sony.(besides the head unit) its not very good, there is a reason they sell them at walmart. and you definitely dont need all those speakers.
    i agree, i had a complete sony explod system in my old car, and it def lived up to the name. every piece of it blew-up! the head unit, speakers, subs, and amp all blew up. worst stereo equipment on the market. but its your money, so do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    What is up with you and Wal-Mart. I don't like Wal-Mart, but they are the biggest retail chain out right now. I do shop there from time to time on different items. If they had an actually plan on how to sell electronics (like Best Buy), then they will sell all the brands. Just because it is at Wal-Mart doesn't mean it sux.
    and yes, actually is does mean that it is less quality. manufacturers like sony make separate lines for walmart. so for example, if you buy a sony tv from walmart it wont be the same model number or quality as that of say best buy. and if it is the same model number, its almost always a discontinued model. however, some stuff is the same, like game systems or ipods. but walmart exclusives are much lower quality.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I think the problem half the time with Sony speakers comes in two parts. 1.) the person who bought the equipment looked at peak power alone when buying, and 2.) tried to run everything on peak power 100% of the time.

If you are smart, and the OP seems to be pretty sharp, then you buy a system that holds more power then you will probably ever give it, most of the time taking away the problem of blown speakers. I, personally, have only owned and favor JL Audio speakers, but the Sony systems I've seen that were installed correctly, sounded damn good to me.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    And yes, just because they do sell it at walmart usually means its probably not very good. Walmart wont buy stuff unless they can get it cheaper than anybody. Companies have to produce products very cheaply to get their stuff in there stores. And it shows alot of times. There are many exceptions, just be careful.

if you stick with sony stuff, get the higher end (like some of your stuff you picked).

just do your research before you make any purchases and see if you can get comparisons on other equipment in the same price range, google is your friend.
    Oh yea. My Camaro is only going to get the best! I was about to choose some of the cheaper stuff until I heard a guy (with a Camaro) with the higher-end Sonys. It is like nite and day. I then thought to myself, "this is my dream car, so why not throw some D's on that Bitch!" The head unit is incredible, I can hook up virtually anything up to it, and it has an external mic for BT phone. I might get a cheaper HU for the time being because I really miss my 10-Disc CD Changer, then change it when the BT5700U comes out this summer.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_98_ws6 View Post
    i like the subs that dont rattle your shit with low bass cuz with my cutout open i got enough low sound to rattle stuff the subs gotta hit nice crisp highs
    then you want to look at say the boston stuff you will be happy with that in a 10.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    Oh yea. My Camaro is only going to get the best! I was about to choose some of the cheaper stuff until I heard a guy (with a Camaro) with the higher-end Sonys. It is like nite and day. I then thought to myself, "this is my dream car, so why not throw some D's on that Bitch!" The head unit is incredible, I can hook up virtually anything up to it, and it has an external mic for BT phone. I might get a cheaper HU for the time being because I really miss my 10-Disc CD Changer, then change it when the BT5700U comes out this summer.
    With bluetooth and ipod control do you think you will miss a changer much? I have ipod control in all my cars and it is convenient. I do miss my cd's though, too bad they all got lost.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I think the problem half the time with Sony speakers comes in two parts. 1.) the person who bought the equipment looked at peak power alone when buying, and 2.) tried to run everything on peak power 100% of the time.

If you are smart, and the OP seems to be pretty sharp, then you buy a system that holds more power then you will probably ever give it, most of the time taking away the problem of blown speakers. I, personally, have only owned and favor JL Audio speakers, but the Sony systems I've seen that were installed correctly, sounded damn good to me.
    i could see that if you were talking about the sub, but how do the speakers which werent even connected to the amp blow? not to mention the amp it self? and the head unit, how do you explain that? the stuff is just shit. but i will admit, when it was all working it sounded great.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    i could see that if you were talking about the sub, but how do the speakers which werent even connected to the amp blow? not to mention the amp it self? and the head unit, how do you explain that? the stuff is just shit. but i will admit, when it was all working it sounded great.
    Not an expert, don't know your situation directly. Only going off of what I've seen so far in my young life. But, I don't know how a head unit and the speakers could all go out unless something was connected wrong, or there was a short somewhere, or everything was up to the max. Or you got a bad head unit, which was force feeding your speakers too much power, and ultimately committed suicide. Just too many variables out there for me to make any actual conclusions, and I'm not that smart yay, peanut butter

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Not an expert, don't know your situation directly. Only going off of what I've seen so far in my young life. But, I don't know how a head unit and the speakers could all go out unless something was connected wrong, or there was a short somewhere, or everything was up to the max. Or you got a bad head unit, which was force feeding your speakers too much power, and ultimately committed suicide. Just too many variables out there for me to make any actual conclusions, and I'm not that smart yay, peanut butter
    well it lasted about a year and a half, so nothing was connected wrong. its just poor quality stuff. and honestly every expert i talked to says stay away from it. but hey, if you like it buy it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

well it lasted about a year and a half, so nothing was connected wrong. its just poor quality stuff. and honestly every expert i talked to says stay away from it. but hey, if you like it buy it.
    Ditto. They really are poor quality. The only Sony stuff I would buy would be a nice headunit, like the one above...

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Sony makes decent head units, other than that everything else is complete crap. There sold at every crappy retailer for a reason.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    With bluetooth and ipod control do you think you will miss a changer much? I have ipod control in all my cars and it is convenient. I do miss my cd's though, too bad they all got lost.
    I can't break from my CD's man lol. I love them. I don't like Ipods really. I rather get a Zune. But my phone is BT so I will be using that as well. But CD's will still be my primary souce of music since I get my music LEGALLY!

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

THANK YOU Y2K!!! People don't realize that. I have been doing this for a while. People don't realize it is not just about the components that you install, but making sure it is tuned and positions correctly. Have Dynamat and a good sub box. Clean power feeding the amps and good cables that can not pick up engine noise. I posted this same thing in LS1Tech.com and got an earful from posters on there. It is sad that no one can be happy that you are getting this stuff, and it makes me mad that it is my own Camaro people too! But thanks for showing me some support Y2K,!!!

PS you have a pic for your system, I would love to see it.
    Last edited by M-ManLA; 01-26-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Asked a question

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

You must of never hang around black ppl man LOL. I've seen Type-Rs blown into bits. I have see infinitys ripped around the surround on a coaxial. It is a speaker, and it moves. It doesn't matter what it is, if it was made by man, it has a change to break.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

The Fuck the experts know? What is an expert? The local install guy. The expert is people that makes six to seven figures. Why does everyone define and Expert as the install guys? Some of them people barely gets paid $15 an hour. The best expert is YOU! I had my dear friend that I love tell another co-worker that the iPod only charges via USB in a Sony unit (at least he said Sony lol) today. the guy had a Kenwood unit, and was about to buy the Kenwood iPod cables. I told him they should charge and play at the same time. They was skeptical of it at first, but I took the cables, gave it to him, and told him to plug it in to his iPod. Guess what, IT WORKED AND CHARGED AT THE SAME TIME! Why was I right? Because I am the KING OF THE SHIT THAT I DO! I will turn all of you guys Alpines and Rockford systems and make it sound cleaner and better, just like the producer wanted you to hear. Now people can we please get back to what this forum was suppose to be, and show off your system. And no more bashing. If you want me to have something else, then give me cash for it. Any takers?
    Last edited by M-ManLA; 01-26-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Speaking my mind.

White
    2001 Z28

aight cool you like crap go ahead and buy sony, ill post a video of my 2 speakers that i had 4 a year and never a problem and will sound better than all that sony shit. ill post it 2morrow in youtube and post the link here.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Ditto. They really are poor quality. The only Sony stuff I would buy would be a nice headunit, like the one above...
    Hey my system in my other car lasted 4 yrs and counting. Only had one speaker blow on me (That was because I stuffed a 5 1/4" Speaker in a 4*6" Speaker opening). Bought a regular 4*6 and it works fine! I drove lots of miles bumping my system, so it is not like I had just listen to it for 15 mins a day. Like Y2K said, you have to tune it right. I heard systems with Alpines and JLs sound like crap. It is what you use and how you use it and set it up.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Sony makes decent head units, other than that everything else is complete crap. There sold at every crappy retailer for a reason.
    There is guys that will say Sony subs sound better than some Alpines and Rockford. Honestly.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by victor111262 View Post
    aight cool you like crap go ahead and buy sony, ill post a video of my 2 speakers that i had 4 a year and never a problem and will sound better than all that sony shit. ill post it 2morrow in youtube and post the link here.
    Again, you base your argument on the OPINION of sound. He might think your stereo sounds like sh!t, even if you and all your buddies thinks it rocks. Your idea of good quality could mean shaking every piece of your car off, while he would think good quality means hearing every instrument in the entire orchestra in balance. Everyone has a different opinion on sound quality, that's why there are so many different brands out there. Bashing one because YOU don't like it means sh!t to the OP of this thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information