Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    You have until 2012.
    10 year shelf life as I understand it.

Of course, with the LSx series still being made, several parts will make it past that 10 year mark for the motor.
    Then everything will be custom made or repoped

Maple Red
    2000 TA

They GM should keep Pontiac.

Maple Red
    2000 TA

I think the new camaro will be next on the chopping block. The FED is calling the shots. Electric cars are coming.

Hummer - Saturn - Pontiac, etc. GONE

Maybe GM will produce a WIND powered car coupled with SOLAR panels. Yea.. and add a set of bicycle peddles for those low wind and cloudy days. So you can peddle a generator that drives the electric motor.... yea thats it. You know that the cheap made in China, India cars are coming soon. Little and slow. Everyone will be forced to drive one. The car that runs on a lawnmower engine. NOT WHAT I WANT EVERRRRRRR.

I'm tired of the State @ Fed. forcing all the emmission and even some safety features on all newer cars. Time to buy a older muscle car. Tags, Insurance are less expensive. Easier to work on. Just my opinion.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Why?

GM still will have the parts for them.
    If GM goes Bankrupt (which they will), so will alot of their parts maker and suppliers. GM still owes a ton of money to these companies and without payment, they down too.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetal View Post
    Did the Alero or Aurora jump in value when they killed Oldsmobile? A 98-02 T/A will sometime around 2032.
    that's apples an oranges---- who the hell wants an alero or aurora? everyone wants a T\A, even camaro owners....

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    that's apples an oranges---- who the hell wants an alero or aurora? everyone wants a T\A, even camaro owners....
    Speaking of apples and oranges, my uncle owns a 1956 Oldsmobile, that is in pristine condition and him and I were talking about it and he said that when Oldsmobile went out of business the value of his car went through the roof. And that our Trans Am's will do the same, and i told him probably not for another 30-40 years, and he said he wouldn't doubt if it was sooner then later.....just something to think about.
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

the only t/a's in my opinion that will really be worth $$ in the future are totally stock matching numbers low mile ones, almost makes me wanna buy a stock ws6 soon here and keep her as a garage queen and keep the one I have now to mod and play with.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    the only t/a's in my opinion that will really be worth $$ in the future are totally stock matching numbers low mile ones, almost makes me wanna buy a stock ws6 soon here and keep her as a garage queen and keep the one I have now to mod and play with.
    I was thinking the same thing, and it probably helps that his oldsmobile is just that, totally stock, matching numbers, and low miles..............

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Preserve those Pontiacs!

Hey fellow Pontiac owners! It looks like we're going to own a piece of history!
    Save those 'Birds! I just saw on CNN's news ticker that GM has announced that it's pulling the plug on Pontiac Motor Division. Now, I wouldn't shed a tear when Saturn and Hummer die, but it's obvious GM's priority is not on performance or fun to drive cars anymore. Why should Buick survive? Only the bloated, high profit car lines will remain, with Chevy being the value leader.... It's a sad day in GM history, if they'll survive at all in the long run.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Fung Bucko View Post
    Wait, so they aren't making the Vibe anymore either?
    The Vibe was just a rebodied, rebadged Toyota Matrix! Guess you gotta go to Toyota for parts now...

ive got a 2002 ss and wont trade it for a 2002 trans am. now a 1969 ram air 4 speed trans am would be a different story.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

sad to hear

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

As for this buisness of not being able to get parts, that's not entirely true. You can still get many of our parts at a Chevrolet dealership.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    As for this buisness of not being able to get parts, that's not entirely true. You can still get many of our parts at a Chevrolet dealership.
    until 2012...

Black
    2001 WS6

Stock up now then, but I dont think it'll still be all that difficult. We would have run into this situation anyway come 2012. You also have aftermarket parts suppliers, and junk yards as well. You might have to pay a little bit more down the line tho. I looked at my car this morning, and thought of it as an orphan. Hold on to your birds gents.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

well, I just checked cnn.com and a few other news outlets as of today it is official strait from GM that pontiac has come to an end,they plan to cut 23,000 jobs by 2011, and cut 40% of their dealer networks to save costs, looks like the 2010 models are the last ones they are gonna produce before they pull the plug....

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

they are suspending pontiac..not outright killing it... so pontiac will be back once the economy starts to bounce back and gm starts to gain strength..see you in 2012 Pontiac..

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    they are suspending pontiac..not outright killing it... so pontiac will be back once the economy starts to bounce back and gm starts to gain strength..see you in 2012 Pontiac..
    Cant find the term suspended anywhere. its all cut/killed/ as the verb.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

any news on solstice/g8?are they dead too,cause i think they (gm) would be better off moving them to chevrolet,solstice takes the place of the colbalt coupe and g8 replaces current impala or becomes a new chevy...chevelle perhaps?

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    really, have'nt herd that yet, it would be cool though if it is true, but makes no difference anyway the world aparently ends in 2012

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information