spooled LS1 monte ss spooled88monte's Avatar

black
    88 chevy monte carlo ss

whats the difference between HPTUNERS STD. and PRO

i was looking to buy an hp tuners set up and i was wondering what the difference between MPVI STD and MPVI PRO is? the cost is STD. $499 and PRO $649. but it didnt go into detail. does anybody know. thanks JOE

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Sure, With our Pro interface, you can integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into our scanner. You will have real time data from those sensors right next to your standard scan tool data such as TPS, RPM, MPH, etc.

Our MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging of up to 1hr 30mins built in. What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button. You can then take the interface into your home to transfer the log contents from the interface to the computer. If you have an MPVI Pro it will require no hardware modification. Also note that VCM Scanner comes with both interfaces regardless as it is part of our VCM Suite package.
    Support for HPTuners

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Go ahead and get the PRO, because you're going to need it for precision tuning (which requires at least wideband O2) anyway. It will cost more to buy the PRO interface later. And the stand alone data-logging ability is an awesome convenience.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

+1 for the PRO setup, if you plan on really tuning your car you need the MPVI interface for wideband inputs. I bought one myself and wouldn't think twice to do it again.

-Eagle

NBM
    2000 Trans Am

Another +1 for the Pro version - if you dont you will wish you had and then itll cost even more

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28 - M6

I have a 99 z28 with the following add on pkg (Stage 3 .600 lift 2.05 Intake & 1.575 Exhaust Valves) which I am in need of a tuning pkg. Will the HP Pro provide what I need to tune my car. Thx Jim

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Yes, and then some.

as an alternative, i ran my wideband into my pcm using the unused egr wire and ran my rail fuel pressure sender thru the old fuel sender wire so didn't need the pro. i had deleted all my evap system stuff already so was fairy straight forward. HOWEVER, i bought the pro anyhow - wanted the blackbox side of things as well as the "potential" to hook up additional 0-5 volt inputs.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28 - M6

If I goto a aftermarket MAF will the HpTuner work with it for tuning, tkx

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Even with an aftermarket MAF, yes. Question is, WHY would u go to an aftermarket MAF? You must be making quite a bit of power.

-Eagle

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28 - M6

The head / cam pkg came from a company in Fl called Breathless performance, the stage 3 pkg is rated at 500hp on a LS1. Of course this would require re tuning to fully gain this HP which I have not pursued until now. Only thinking a new MAF may or may not be needed to ensure the HP options cover it.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

You might try tuning using the factory MAF unless you're going up to 90mm intake and TB... Just my $.02.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28 - M6

Will take your advice, outside of the heads and cam, running ls6 intake, volant intake,dg motorsports bigblock ram air hood, after market cats and crossover pipe, SLP loudmouth, 373 gears, eaton posi, 6sp trany. Based on your input and that from HP will be ordering the pro pkg in the nxt 2wks.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Cool, enjoy! Start reading now! Their forums are full of great info. Look me up if you get stuck anywhere.

-Eagle

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Even with an aftermarket MAF, yes. Question is, WHY would u go to an aftermarket MAF? You must be making quite a bit of power.

-Eagle

The limit isn't the MAF though, it's the PCM's internal limit of 512g/sec airflow. You can't get around that on the outside. As a matter of fact, many large MAFs like the 85mm truck MAFs actually report much higher frequency per unit of air causing them to max out EARLIER than the smaller (diameter) factory MAF. 2-3 weeks ago I tuned a car that made 440rwhp (M6, dynojet224) with an 85mm truck MAF and it was on it's NEXT TO LAST CELL!! Crazy, anymore air at all and it would have been maxed out.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

How to get around that limitation then? Good info though!

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28 - M6

1 more question, i currently have the Superchips Max Micro tune in my z. i assume i need to return the pcm to stock prior to using the HP correct. and if you know can i sell the Superchip device to another 99 owner for them to use or is it locked to my cars vin, tkx

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would return it to stock although you don't HAVE to. It's a good idea though. I'm not sure how the superchips tuners work but every other tuner I've seen is able to be sold once you return the entire tune ( tranny and engine tunes) back to stock. I would just drop superchips a quick email.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28 - M6

Great, tkx

Thread Information