Convertible top issues

Having a little trouble fella's, thought I'd try posting my issue here. I recently purchased a 95' Trans Am conv. project car. The top hasn't seemed to work right since I've gotten it. Today I was looking around in the trunk and noticed a valve on the top of the "pump/motor" and turned it, got in the car and held the conv. top button down in the retract position. It worked but didn't come back up. Here are my questions, is there a servicing port for fluid, a check point and what kind of fluid? Which way does the valve need to be in for normal use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

-SS

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Not positive but I think the valve is incase the motor goes out you can open the valve and manually move the top. Mineral oil is what I think it came with from the factory. I haven't looked at mine in a while but I think there was a plug on top of the resevoir in the back. That is where you add fluid. Is there a fill line on the resevoir?

Don't think there is a fill line, but I got some good info today. I'm gonna give a few things a try tomorrow after work. Let you know what happens. Thanks for reading.

-SS

Yea, there's two fill lines. That system was so low, I'm glad I bought a gallon of fluid. Now I just need to get the top structural/linkages straightend out and I'll be good. Thanks

-SS
    "Too much stuff to wrench on and not enough money"

Got the hyd. oil in the pump, it took probably 1 1/2 qt. to get it to do anything. Functions now, but found a new problem. While watching the top come up I noticed a bar swinging that had a whole in it, needed to go somewhere right? Then discovered the allen head bolt laying in the floor under the seat. I aligned the bolt through the structural bar, and began to tighten it. I seems that whatever the allen bolt is supposed to thread into is stripped. Can this piece be replaced? Also there is a plastic piece that is screwed to the metal part, looks like it was/is a deflector. Anyway, the pass. side is broken off at the screws. Well, let me know what you guys think.

-SS

Thread Information