Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

An Idea for a Feature in the Forums

I think it would be great if we could somehow bring a certain member's attention to a particular forum. For example, if someone is an expert on a topic and you want to request that they chime in, you could click a button and the system would send that person an email alerting them to the request for feedback. Also, it could work the other way: A person who had a question could be notified if the answer comes up in a future discussion.

I realize that PMs are already possible, but just having a way to get someone's attention for the benefit of the whole community would be sweet, since the person with the question might not know who to PM for their answer, but other forum members might.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Most of us are pretty good about PM'ing members who have particular expertise in certain areas to chime in. But mostly, it's those members who are constantly looking through every thread to see if they can help. And as long as the thread is posted in the correct section of the forum, the help will come.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Agree. We try to keep an eye on things. If I see a question posted that hasn't received a reply I will often PM a member that I think may have the answer and direct their attention to the thread.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

yeah a bunch of the guys here pay real close attention to their PM's and answer quickly. I can say that Pajeff02 had answered my questions quickly while I was in the middle of my coolant flush. I got everything done thanks to that quick reply. Pretty much all the moderators and regular guys reply back quickly. You can always ask that member to go to the chat room and you can chat live.

Thread Information