Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1 View Post
    Those turbos are so garbage your intercooler is going to become a filter for your motor

Just my opinion, but you might want to get name brand turbos
    opinions are welcome, but the way you worded that makes you seem like a dick. Im sure thats not the case, but sometimes people get the wrong idea from context.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Those turbos are so garbage your intercooler is going to become a filter for your motor

Just my opinion, but you might want to get name brand turbos
    Those cheap turbos were baught for a reason. I'm not going to throw 15k+ in "name brand turbines" @ an engine with virtually no after market. This is also a project that has NEVER been done before. All new ground. There's no forum for this type of project. Noone has ever done this type of TDC build before. Some have done single turbo's with sucsess but none have done twins.. I researched this for 2-3 years... If someone has done it before they are'nt talking about it that I've seen. The primary problem with these turbos is usually installer related. Where over oiling becomes an issue, as well as over boosting. I have seen these same turbos used as replacements for stock units as well as performance. As I said earlier these turbos have been checked for spec quality. If they fail I can simply throw the fuckers away and buy new ones. If this motor scatters with high priced turbines on it I risk losing them too. As a business person that would be sheer loonicy. As I told you in another thread these will NEVER see high boost numbers. With 9:50 CR and valve clearance of .001 on pump gas. Higher boost would need far more work to get it down the road as a DD.. Frankly I have enough on my plate between work, and 2 car projects and all the fabrication needed for the TT setup. After which if I'm am satisfied with this setup I can then move to more "name brand" type turbines because the fab work will be done then.. The idea here is to build a working TDC TT system that can be applied to another TDC engine. A template if you will.. I can then create a build sheet that includes specs and so forth for later possible marketing out of my Fabrication shop. This project is part of a bigger picture behind the scenes from this car forum. It's called being diversified....
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-23-2010 at 09:09 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Uhhh, this is a forum for help with LS1's right.......? I have heard of MANY of those cheap turbos failing......but good luck
    There I've changed my mind and deleted my request, post away.. Maybe I jumped to conclussions my bad..

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

is this a V-6 camaro?
    if so, why do you keep saying FWHP? am i just thinking of the wrong terminology? the V-6 fbodies are RWD..like i said just curious on what i am missing here lol.

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxicana View Post
    is this a v-6 camaro?
    If so, why do you keep saying fwhp? Am i just thinking of the wrong terminology? The v-6 fbodies are rwd..like i said just curious on what i am missing here lol.
    flywheel horsepower

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

ok thank you, now i feel like a nit wit.
    i knew i wasnt thinking of something lol

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bamaz28 View Post
    flywheel horsepower
    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    ok thank you, now i feel like a nit wit.
    i knew i wasnt thinking of something lol
    fwhp= Front wheel horse power.. The TDC is a 4-cam v6 engine only found in W-bodied cars.. This build thread pertains to a 1992 Chevrolet Z34 Lumina.

My second project lineup is for a 2001 Camaro and a complete ground up overhaul and forced induction as well. My Camaro Is also a v6..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

This is the TT project car:

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

dont worry, smitro is the ricer of the ls1 dot com world

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Wade..

Sunset Orange
    2001 Procharged Camaro SS

01 SOM SS D-1SC Tuned by Steve: TunedByFrost.com

FQuick Garage 764 rwhp / 645 tq

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Smittro, You have recieved a large amount of ridicule over your v6 cars. Even I was skeptical when I first saw this thread. A lot of people would buckle and jump a bandwagon just to end the downtalk. But you have stood behind this project since day one, no matter what anyone says. I can't wait to see it finished. Good job, sir.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    Smittro, You have recieved a large amount of ridicule over your v6 cars. Even I was skeptical when I first saw this thread. A lot of people would buckle and jump a bandwagon just to end the downtalk. But you have stood behind this project since day one, no matter what anyone says. I can't wait to see it finished. Good job, sir.
    lol dont worry im not hazing him, we know each other pretty well, we each catch shit about certain subjects

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    lol dont worry im not hazing him, we know each other pretty well, we each catch shit about certain subjects
    It's alright guys, I can only imagine it would be the same for the v8 guys in a v10 or v12 car site. I have the equiptment and the resorces to build whatever I choose. Yes it can cost more to build a v6 to hit v8 type power, but if that was any real concern to me I would build a v8.. No offense to anyone that's just how it is.. This project was always intended as a challange so I'm solid with it..

Thanks to those whom support this project it's much appreciated..

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

for making a lumina anything but gay is an amazing feet. i give you kudos for that. and i dont consider you a ricer...ill give you the title "tuner"
    ...TT lumina....lmao next thing you know cubs will win the world series.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    for making a lumina anything but gay is an amazing feet. i give you kudos for that. and i dont consider you a ricer...ill give you the title "tuner"
    ...TT lumina....lmao next thing you know cubs will win the world series.
    I'd don't know that I'd use the word gay. Though a better name plate would have been nice. The 24 valve engine had compareable power to many v8 powered cars of the time.. With a driver mod and a munchie 5spd (unique to only w-bodies and fiero) they could easily see a 0-60 gaunt in just under 7 seconds which is still considered quick today relative to it's weight and lack of 2 more cylinders.. The prototype DTC was only 10 hp less than an lt1 offered in the 93 Z28. The problem was there was NO front wheel drive tranny that cold hold the motor except the muncie getrag 284. Today Fiero guys reutinely bolt v8 to them.. The z34 is often mistaken as the same as the standard option 4dr lumina. They are not. The 90-93 z34 came with a sport handling suspention more plush interiors, power everything execept mirrors, and of course the TDC, and body moldings.. The bodies anti rust warrenty lasted a decade and mine still has none.. Just before the end of the 1st gen production run, the "euro" lumina offered the TDC engine. The TDC was totally built by Chevrolet and the other GM branches wanted it except Buick.. They stuck with the 3800 and had to stick a SC on production engines to achieve TDC power. My 3800-II in my 01 Camaro was hardly much of a match for my TDC stock. The 3800 has torque but only about 5 foot lbs more and the TDC could walk away from it in about 60 ft and equally so in the 1/4 mile.. And you'd never rev a stock 3800 to 7-7200 rpm without the motor scattering. The 3800 series engines have been replaced with 60* v6's which is what the TDC is. New Camaro runs a 300+ hp 60* v6 and is an N/A motor too... I understand people don't like them or whatever, but I do, and they don't have to ride in or drive it..
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-24-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I guess you know you're stuff
    and all this time i thought you were talking out your a**

just hope to one day see this project done

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I guess you know you're stuff
    and all this time i thought you were talking out your a**

just hope to one day see this project done
    lol. I hope to get the rest of the aluminum stock in the next week here. Then on to fabrication of the intake manifold. Next start with exhaust fab, and on to engine bay fab work for battery relocation and charge pipe work and intercooler mounting. Fuel system up grades, etc etc.. Then final harness wiring for the stand alone and the all important fire up, tune, and break in.. Sounds like a lot and well it is. But not hard to do just teadious(sp)..

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

im sorry your going thru so much crap over this build. me being a ex lumina z34 collector per say (4 lumina z's) i can respect the build. i think it is bad ass what your doing, and designing for these cars. these cars, imo have awesome body lines, and are damn good cars. i wouldnt mind picking up another lumina z sometime in the future. they are down right good running/cofortable cars. so kudos to you smittro, keep up the awesome fab work and skills

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'd don't know that I'd use the word gay. Though a better name plate would have been nice. The 24 valve engine had compareable power to many v8 powered cars of the time.. With a driver mod and a munchie 5spd (unique to only w-bodies and fiero) they could easily see a 0-60 gaunt in just under 7 seconds which is still considered quick today relative to it's weight and lack of 2 more cylinders.. The prototype DTC was only 10 hp less than an lt1 offered in the 93 Z28. The problem was there was NO front wheel drive tranny that cold hold the motor except the muncie getrag 284. Today Fiero guys reutinely bolt v8 to them.. The z34 is often mistaken as the same as the standard option 4dr lumina. They are not. The 90-93 z34 came with a sport handling suspention more plush interiors, power everything execept mirrors, and of course the TDC, and body moldings.. The bodies anti rust warrenty lasted a decade and mine still has none.. Just before the end of the 1st gen production run, the "euro" lumina offered the TDC engine. The TDC was totally built by Chevrolet and the other GM branches wanted it except Buick.. They stuck with the 3800 and had to stick a SC on production engines to achieve TDC power. My 3800-II in my 01 Camaro was hardly much of a match for my TDC stock. The 3800 has torque but only about 5 foot lbs more and the TDC could walk away from it in about 60 ft and equally so in the 1/4 mile.. And you'd never rev a stock 3800 to 7-7200 rpm without the motor scattering. The 3800 series engines have been replaced with 60* v6's which is what the TDC is. New Camaro runs a 300+ hp 60* v6 and is an N/A motor too... I understand people don't like them or whatever, but I do, and they don't have to ride in or drive it..
    I've seen plenty of stock 3800 bottom ends spin to 7-7200 with half the intake leaks

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information