Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

White
    1999 SS

any numbers on the dyno, ya think numbers should be similar to QTP's? I may order up a set, I got shitty shortys now

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

Quote Originally Posted by MnLS1 View Post
    any numbers on the dyno, ya think numbers should be similar to QTP's? I may order up a set, I got shitty shortys now
    in sig
    #148,LS6 intake, pp tb, SLP Lid, SLP maf, OBX LT into Y, Hooker, 4K Circle D Stall, 3.73 richmond gears, Performabuilt Lvl 2, tranny cooler, 228 texas with supporting mods and tune by Frost, Dyno: 365rwhp & 343rwtq

BLACK
    2000 camaro Z28

Obx header kit install

I bought the kit last week I installed them last night.Let me start out by saying not all Camaros are exactly the same.The install went ok I'm a machinist so everything in my head should be perfect this install was not perfect,but for the money not bad. The passenger side a breeze except the fith bolt for the coil pack rail I had to cut a 10mm Craftsman wrench to get to it because of heater hose.passenger side the header will not fit looks like you have a foot ball filed to fit it in nope.I had to remove oil filter of course knock (message)the floor board a little. The Y pipe didn't fit very well that came in the kit.collector bolt's were a mile long expect 15min just to tighten those.I'm not complaining ,but it was a bit$h.So after all was done with one leak egr kit didn't come with new gaskets. I didn't delete ,but might all was done pulled out and couldn't steer bolt was hitting the header ground it down now I have a RAGING BULL! HAPPY NOW BUT REALLY SORE!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by gtolightning View Post
    all was done pulled out and couldn't steer bolt was hitting the header ground it down now I have a RAGING BULL! HAPPY NOW BUT REALLY SORE!
    got any pics of that steering bolt clearance issue? I just curious to see it.

red
    1999 trans am convert

Wow! Had very little trouble with my T/A but yeah, the results are amazing.It's been a couple of years now and I'm still happy with them.Hope you will be too!

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Yup, had mine now for at least 3 years and no problems whatsoever. Next time I buy headers though, I'm getting a complete kit!

red
    1999 trans am convert

What were you missing? I read some guys didn't get gaskets.

BLACK
    2000 camaro Z28

The kit had the donut gasket for the collector everyone was missing ,but the EGR tube gasket that goes on the top of the new header. I had to reuse and it leaked . I ordered one waiting for it to come in this is a really good kit I'M HAPPY.

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

just installed these guys on my car, fitment was great, sound is great..shoot for 200 bucks over the 1000 dollar kooks these anyday please..same performance same look.

red
    1999 trans am convert

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    just installed these guys on my car, fitment was great, sound is great..shoot for 200 bucks over the 1000 dollar kooks these anyday please..same performance same look.
    I must be reading this wrong- you only paid 200.00 for these?

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by edbird View Post
    What were you missing? I read some guys didn't get gaskets.
    It's been awhile since I've put these on but I chronicled my experience here: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40417&page=2

I remember not having basically any hardware, gaskets, etc. When I cut the box open, it had the headers and Y-Pipe and some worthless OBX literature. I guess you get what you pay for. But, after scrounging up all the parts for the install, it was well worth it.

red
    1999 trans am convert

Yes I remember that thread - I read it very carefully before I did my own install and it did help a great deal.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by edbird View Post
    Yes I remember that thread - I read it very carefully before I did my own install and it did help a great deal.
    That is good to hear. I was so frustrated with that kit that I wanted to help others avoid the problems by listing parts and part numbers, sizes, etc. I'm glad that thread helped some people.

black
    2001 z28

thanks for the input

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

i dont know if this was covered already but the OBX 00-02 headers, do they have the EGR and air fittings? i have a 99 but was thinking about removing all that during the install. so do they make a racing header or just the ones you see in pics. also whats the best y to go with them. i seen it came with a catted one for like 495 which isnt a bad deal at all if the y pipe is decent as well.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    i dont know if this was covered already but the OBX 00-02 headers, do they have the EGR and air fittings? i have a 99 but was thinking about removing all that during the install. so do they make a racing header or just the ones you see in pics. also whats the best y to go with them. i seen it came with a catted one for like 495 which isnt a bad deal at all if the y pipe is decent as well.
    The OBX kit comes with a Ypipe already. And those aren't cats you see, those are resonators for sound. Yes it comes with all EGR and AIR fittings.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

O I could have sworn one of the sites said they were high flow cats.

And I really want stainless for the Chicago weather. I don't think painted headers will hold up very well here

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Please don't provide direct links to non sponsors

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS

Thumbs up

I've had these on my camaro for over a month now and they have been great. For the money they can't be beat, after i got my tune by frost...it is a totally different animal....very happy wth these headers indeed!
    1998 SS-Navy Blue metalic, 6-spd,Stainless OBX-R long tubes, t-tops, leather, 17" chrome ZR1's, magnaflow catback, slp airlid, mail order tune.......

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information