1991 Suburban

My new project;

The family truckster;

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    My new project;
    Click for full size

The family truckster;
    Click for full size
    I'm likin' the burb. We've actually been looking for a 3/4 ton 4x4 burb with a 454. Got a lead on one in New Mexico I might pull the trigger on. We want something to take up in the mountains and camp/sleep in and also serve double duty as a back up tow vehicle when my pickup isn't available. You can find these things for a song.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

The sub is our new favorite for cruising. 13.5 mpg up from 11.5 mpg after 1000 miles of 2 stroke oil treatment. I am having a friend do spray on bed liner from about 2 inches below the door handles all the way down to the rockers and do the fender wells. Came with a 2 inch lift with 31 inch Mickey Thompson Baja's, ait shocks in the rear and waldoch conversion. Its in good shape for 21 years old and 227000 miles. Best $2700 I spent in a long time

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

what do you mean, "Two stroke oil treatment"????

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

I have been looking for that thread to see what the amounts were supposed to be but can't seem to find it want to get every possible mpg out of the truck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    what do you mean, "Two stroke oil treatment"????
    Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    I have been looking for that thread to see what the amounts were supposed to be but can't seem to find it want to get every possible mpg out of the truck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/im-oil-junkie-1299/

Bright Red

Sure as fuck ain't reading through 65 pages of oil "tech". Maybe someone will just answer my question....or maybe not.

Sure as fuck ain't reading through 65 pages of oil "tech". Maybe someone will just answer my question....or maybe not.
    I can answer that bud. 2 stroke oil treatment is added to the gas and acts as a cleaner as well as a lubricator,,,,and it's much cheaper than buying bottles of fuel additives. It actually works better too.
    I buy the 5 quart jug of Super Tech outboard engine oil in the blue jugs at Walmart for $11 and it treats about 600 gallons of gas. Just make sure which ever brand you buy, that it has the TC-W3 rating.

Mix 1 ounce per 5 gallons of gas pumped in. You'll need a bottle for measuring so it's a bit of a pain. I use an old fuel additive bottle and measured and marked 1 ounce increments up to 4 ounces (good for 20 gallons).

This stuff not only cleans but lubes the fuel injectors, lubes fuel pumps, cleans the intake valves and lubes the valves and valve seats (remember no lead in gas to do that anymore) and it will clean the tops of your pistons, spark plugs, etc....good to use in carbureted or fuel injected engines. The added benefit that was mentioned is that you generally pickup a little fuel mileage if used regularly. I've found on average about 1 mpg in everything I use it in. Interesting that the engines tend to idle smoother and start quicker too. I'm betting that it also helps to cut down on the corrosivness of the ethanol blended fuels too.

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    The sub is our new favorite for cruising. 13.5 mpg up from 11.5 mpg after 1000 miles of 2 stroke oil treatment. I am having a friend do spray on bed liner from about 2 inches below the door handles all the way down to the rockers and do the fender wells. Came with a 2 inch lift with 31 inch Mickey Thompson Baja's, ait shocks in the rear and waldoch conversion. Its in good shape for 21 years old and 227000 miles. Best $2700 I spent in a long time
    Yeah for the money they are hard to beat. I'm looking at 94-97 models with 454's and 4x4. All that room for camping and some towing power when I need it. Hard to find a low mile example though, most are well used.

Bright Red

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I can answer that bud. 2 stroke oil treatment is added to the gas and acts as a cleaner as well as a lubricator,,,,and it's much cheaper than buying bottles of fuel additives. It actually works better too.
    I buy the 5 quart jug of Super Tech outboard engine oil in the blue jugs at Walmart for $11 and it treats about 600 gallons of gas. Just make sure which ever brand you buy, that it has the TC-W3 rating.

Mix 1 ounce per 5 gallons of gas pumped in. You'll need a bottle for measuring so it's a bit of a pain. I use an old fuel additive bottle and measured and marked 1 ounce increments up to 4 ounces (good for 20 gallons).

This stuff not only cleans but lubes the fuel injectors, lubes fuel pumps, cleans the intake valves and lubes the valves and valve seats (remember no lead in gas to do that anymore) and it will clean the tops of your pistons, spark plugs, etc....good to use in carbureted or fuel injected engines. The added benefit that was mentioned is that you generally pickup a little fuel mileage if used regularly. I've found on average about 1 mpg in everything I use it in. Interesting that the engines tend to idle smoother and start quicker too. I'm betting that it also helps to cut down on the corrosivness of the ethanol blended fuels too.
    Thank you. I had a feeling it was a sort of thing like that, but had never heard of it before. I have a guy at work who uses ATF in his diesel truck for the same thing. He swears it works and with his high mileage and lack of high dollar injector repair, I guess it does.

I'd imagine it might be a worthwhile addition to my new hotrod as well.
    Last edited by rel3rd; 06-05-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Thank you. I had a feeling it was a sort of thing like that, but had never heard of it before. I have a guy at work who uses ATF in his diesel truck for the same thing. He swears it works and with his high mileage and lack of high dollar injector repair, I guess it does.
    Yep I've heard the ATF trick works. I've used ATF in old engines to unstick valves (simply poored down the carb while running) creates a smoke show but I don't see why it wouldn't work well if used in small amounts.
    Most of your fuel additives are very corrosive and could do more harm than good. The only other fuel additive on the market that worked and wasn't corrosive was the lucas oil fuel additive, but it gets expensive buying a bottle for $6 to treat 20 gallons. The advantage it has is that you don't have to be specific about the amounts you poor in. Doesn't seem to affect the car. The 2 stroke oil however needs to be kept at 1 ounce per 5 gallons.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Please knock off the nonsense.

I have deleted a few posts, and I don't feel like deleting anymore, which can only mean 1 other thing... if you know what I mean.

On a side note, FBJ, do you think using the 2 stroke oil in a new engine would be beneficial at all? I'm strictly running E85 in my new truck, and am just shy of 3000 miles. Too soon for it? I do use it in my Camaro about every other fill up.

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Please knock off the nonsense.

I have deleted a few posts, and I don't feel like deleting anymore, which can only mean 1 other thing... if you know what I mean.

On a side note, FBJ, do you think using the 2 stroke oil in a new engine would be beneficial at all? I'm strictly running E85 in my new truck, and am just shy of 3000 miles. Too soon for it? I do use it in my Camaro about every other fill up.
    I see no reason not to use it in a new engine. It will keep things clean (rather than waiting for things to gum up) but the lubricating properties are what I like the most (since most gas has cleaning additives already) I like the fact that it's also lubricating the valve seats and guides, something that you don't get from gas anymore (lead is gone).
    I used the lucas gas treatment for many years just for this purpose, even on new engines, because it's not a harmfull abrasive cleaner (like most everything else on the market). Lucas gets expensive though so I was pursuaded by Sarge (even though Lucas gas treatment got Sarge's approval) to try the TC-W3 simply because of the price difference. I'm happy with the results.

Edit: It will also lubricate those fuel injectors and keep them clean.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 06-05-2012 at 09:11 AM.

I'd imagine it might be a worthwhile addition to my new hotrod as well.
    Yup, I use it in all the classics here, even mix it in my gas cans that are used for lawn equipment (push mower, riding mower etc..)

Bright Red

Good idea. Thanks

One thing I neglected to mention, and I don't think it was ever mentioned in that 65 page thread that was linked here,,,,,is whether or not any cars have gone through an emissions sniffer test while having this mixed in the gas.

I've never had to do any emissions sniffer tests so I can't comment on how it may or may not affect things. But I have wondered about it. I'm not so sure the EPA would be happy about mixing 2 cycle engine oil in gasoline But since the Lucas gasoline additive does the same thing and it's sold everywhere,,,,maybe it's not affecting anything as far as emissions.....Just something I've pondered about. In any event, it's cheap enough, and anything that will clean the intake system and also act as a lubricant in the valve train is a good idea in my book.

Bright Red

Well my truck passed with longtubes and no cats so whats wrong with having a little weed wacker gas in the tank...lmao

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I might run that 2 stroke oil treatment in my truck too, great info guys! So you put 1 ounce every 5 gallons of gas, every time you put gas? Or just like once a month?

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS6 View Post
    I might run that 2 stroke oil treatment in my truck too, great info guys! So you put 1 ounce every 5 gallons of gas, every time you put gas? Or just like once a month?
    I use it at every fillup.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I use it at every fillup.
    Me too. I use an old 32 ounce stabil bottle and fill it from the gallon jug of walmart supertech 2 stroke oil, when it gets low. It measures out in 1 ounce increments.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information