Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Nope! Sure haven't changed out the springs yet! Great tip! I thought the handled well in comparison to all my buddies Mustangs (d'oh! I do associate with F$*# owners too) but if it can be that much better using factory 6cyl springs, I'm down for giving that a shot! (pun intended!)

-Eagle

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Nope! Sure haven't changed out the springs yet! Great tip! I thought the handled well in comparison to all my buddies Mustangs (d'oh! I do associate with F$*# owners too) but if it can be that much better using factory 6cyl springs, I'm down for giving that a shot! (pun intended!)

-Eagle
    Guaranteed!! We do 4 cyl. srpings in FoxBodys. Please post how much better the car works for ALL the others. You'll be VERY happy with the $40 investment.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post

-Eagle
    if u do the 6 cyl springs it will lower the back of your car a little bit (not exactly sure how much)

so id recomend cutting 1/2 or a full coil off your front springs to even it out.

not sure exactly how much to cut either, just guessed... maybe someone else on here can suggest that

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    if u do the 6 cyl springs it will lower the back of your car a little bit (not exactly sure how much)

so id recomend cutting 1/2 or a full coil off your front springs to even it out.

not sure exactly how much to cut either, just guessed... maybe someone else on here can suggest that
    It all depends on the car......We have had some that sit level still and other that were a inch lower in the rear.
    I would ONLY cut 1/4 coil at a time!! I learned that the hard way.
    Make sure you put some type of weight in the car to as if you were sitting in it to get accurate measurements.
    Anyways put them in and just see how it sits.......

Red
    01 Z28

man just throw the bottle on that thing u will love it, as long as u set it up safe ur golden. i have been running a 100 shot for two years no problems at all

Red
    01 Z28

make sure u change your plugs often though some people just let it go for a while

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Drivin It Like I Stole It JWSmythe's Avatar

Pewter
    '00 TransAm WS/6

I'll just add my 2 cents.

I put a dry system on my '98 TransAm (with automatic). It made it a bit quicker. I think it was jetted for 75hp.

After I had my '00 WS/6 for about a year, I decided it was time to move the system over. I rejetted it for 150hp (approx 500hp total). I went to a local shop to get the tank filled, and one of the guys there wanted to come along to the track (Pomona Raceway). Sure, why not. I staged with the NOS off (switch on the dash). I hit the switch so it was enabled once I got to the start line. I floored it, and after about 20 feet, the RPM's jumped up. I got off the gas and tried again. Again, no added forward speed, but now I could smell smoke. The radio was tuned so we could hear the announcer. We got the bad news quick "uh-oh, it looks like he has problems". We finished at a whopping 50mph. We pulled off the track, stopped, and there was smoke rolling out from the clutch.

There's a delicate balance to everything in your car. When you start bumping up the power significantly, things can break. Lucky for me it was just the clutch. I bought a racing clutch (don't remember the brand or model, it's been a few years), and planned on doing it again sometime.

I did use it a few more times, just fucking around. It (obviously) wasn't like on TV. Quicker, sure, but not shit my pants amazing.

Rather than running with the NOS, I've made other changes to be quicker on the streets. Just little things. Better Y pipe, lightened flywheel, and improved the air flow from the nose to past the throttle body. I haven't used the NOS in quite a while, and really don't see a need to. The car performs beautifully, I don't need a bottle to feed my baby. If I want to play with someone, they're looking at my taillights in the distance.

Unless you're racing on a regular basis, and plan on doing upgrades because you fuck things up, I'd recommend putting better stuff in than the NOS. What else could break? All kinds of things.

My '82 Firebird started life with a 2.8 V6. I dropped a 4 bolt main 350 into it, and did some pretty serious mods to it. I was friendly with the shop that handled anything I couldn't do (usually a lack of the appropriate tools). One day the owner pointed out that my firewall had cracked. Why? Because there was too much torque, and it had flexed the body too many times. The doors started not closing right which was the more obvious problem. So, we had the body straightened, and welded in a cage and subframe connectors.

Do you want to keep driving your car, or upgrade it until something major fails (like twisting the body beyond repair)? Right now, I'm very happy with my car. I can take uphill on-ramps like they're a straight flat road. If I need to pass on a 2 lane road, I'm past the car in front of me like I'm a blur rather than hanging out in the wrong lane. A few weeks ago, a guy in a heavily modified 4wd truck with a very obviously large turbo (it was screaming) wanted to play. I went 60 to 120 like he was standing still, and he laid off. I don't really *need* more power. I could put the NOS back on, but it's not worth it. The only thing I ever have to fill is my gasoline tank.

Not to say my advice will make anyone not put NOS on. They'll likely learn the same lessons I've learned. Buy a nice car (like our F-bodies) and enjoy it for what it is with just a few mods. Don't destroy it trying to make a car that can break land speed records. I guess most importantly is, no matter how much time and money you drop into *your* car, there's always someone else who has a bigger budget and a faster car.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

HSW Plate Kit, jetted for a 100 shot was the BEST mod i ever did.
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

black
    2000 ws6

For me.... i thought 400 hp was really fast until I got beat by my buddies H&C z06. Now Im making 580 to the tires and pretty sure I wont have to worry about that again. I love nitrous

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

BACK FROM THE DEAD FOR THE EMPTY NITROUS THREAD

BLACK
    2003 ZO6

With all safety systems in place, what would happen if you are in a manuel and miss a shift. The rpm's would jump and the window switch would take over correct?

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Yes it will shut the n2o down. This is why a lot of people say window switch is a big plus for M6.
    12-13-10 I was there

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i just read most of this thread....I must have been confused

i thought nitrous was like a beautiful prostitute.....you really wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences

blue
    Mazda rx8

It’s like getting some awesome acceleration in couple of seconds which cost some money and also it’s dangerous.
    Last edited by Bradley Thomas; 10-05-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

My car went from running a 7.90 in the 1/8th to a 7.12. Hell yea it's worth it!!

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    i just read most of this thread....I must have been confused

i thought nitrous was like a beautiful prostitute.....you really wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences
    nope its like a hot chick with an std you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by JWSmythe View Post
    I'll just add my 2 cents.

I put a dry system on my '98 TransAm (with automatic). It made it a bit quicker. I think it was jetted for 75hp.

After I had my '00 WS/6 for about a year, I decided it was time to move the system over. I rejetted it for 150hp (approx 500hp total). I went to a local shop to get the tank filled, and one of the guys there wanted to come along to the track (Pomona Raceway). Sure, why not. I staged with the NOS off (switch on the dash). I hit the switch so it was enabled once I got to the start line. I floored it, and after about 20 feet, the RPM's jumped up. I got off the gas and tried again. Again, no added forward speed, but now I could smell smoke. The radio was tuned so we could hear the announcer. We got the bad news quick "uh-oh, it looks like he has problems". We finished at a whopping 50mph. We pulled off the track, stopped, and there was smoke rolling out from the clutch.

There's a delicate balance to everything in your car. When you start bumping up the power significantly, things can break. Lucky for me it was just the clutch. I bought a racing clutch (don't remember the brand or model, it's been a few years), and planned on doing it again sometime.

I did use it a few more times, just fucking around. It (obviously) wasn't like on TV. Quicker, sure, but not shit my pants amazing.

Rather than running with the NOS, I've made other changes to be quicker on the streets. Just little things. Better Y pipe, lightened flywheel, and improved the air flow from the nose to past the throttle body. I haven't used the NOS in quite a while, and really don't see a need to. The car performs beautifully, I don't need a bottle to feed my baby. If I want to play with someone, they're looking at my taillights in the distance.

Unless you're racing on a regular basis, and plan on doing upgrades because you fuck things up, I'd recommend putting better stuff in than the NOS. What else could break? All kinds of things.

My '82 Firebird started life with a 2.8 V6. I dropped a 4 bolt main 350 into it, and did some pretty serious mods to it. I was friendly with the shop that handled anything I couldn't do (usually a lack of the appropriate tools). One day the owner pointed out that my firewall had cracked. Why? Because there was too much torque, and it had flexed the body too many times. The doors started not closing right which was the more obvious problem. So, we had the body straightened, and welded in a cage and subframe connectors.

Do you want to keep driving your car, or upgrade it until something major fails (like twisting the body beyond repair)? Right now, I'm very happy with my car. I can take uphill on-ramps like they're a straight flat road. If I need to pass on a 2 lane road, I'm past the car in front of me like I'm a blur rather than hanging out in the wrong lane. A few weeks ago, a guy in a heavily modified 4wd truck with a very obviously large turbo (it was screaming) wanted to play. I went 60 to 120 like he was standing still, and he laid off. I don't really *need* more power. I could put the NOS back on, but it's not worth it. The only thing I ever have to fill is my gasoline tank.

Not to say my advice will make anyone not put NOS on. They'll likely learn the same lessons I've learned. Buy a nice car (like our F-bodies) and enjoy it for what it is with just a few mods. Don't destroy it trying to make a car that can break land speed records. I guess most importantly is, no matter how much time and money you drop into *your* car, there's always someone else who has a bigger budget and a faster car.
    @ NOS its nitrous dude

it has been my favorite mod to my car yet only thing is it is addicting and you think your car is slow with out it

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    nope its like a hot chick with an std you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences
    that rolls off the tongue a little better

black
    01 camaro ss

Just installed the zex perimeter plate kit for the first time , took about 6 hours. Two fifty - four dollars a pound for nitrous. When i sprayed it for the first time started with a 100 shot made a pass and pulled one plug and look to see where i was at as far fuel, you can tell by the tip of plug should look like a brown paper bag in color hope this helps

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information