Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891026 ... LastLast
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Traitor! You went over to the DARK side! Go play on the stangboards!

That is an awful lot of races for having a car just two weeks.

With a modded 03, you should bust a stock 02 Z06. The 06 is a different story all together, he prolly has as many horses and about 500 less lbs. You outrun one of those with an 03, and you will have a real beast on your hands.

If the 06 has full-boltons and a cam, then you best be pushing 21# with a Kenne Bell.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post

With a modded 03, you should bust a stock 02 Z06. The 06 is a different story all together, he prolly has as many horses and about 500 less lbs. You outrun one of those with an 03, and you will have a real beast on your hands.

If the 06 has full-boltons and a cam, then you best be pushing 21# with a Kenne Bell.
    not needed.. 15 pounds on a whipple is good for 589 or so RWHP. I don't know why people think you need to run crazy boost on these things. maybe on the factory blower, but when you get into larger blowers like whipples or KB. you don't need to run all that much boost to make power... like i said 15 pounds = 589 Hp at the rear wheels.

here is a clip
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...f86484f863.htm

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Cam/bolt-on 06 Z06's are putting like 600 plus rwhp to the ground! N/A!!

You savin' up for a KB hurtindude?

If I had an 03, I would be drooling all over a KB for mine.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Cam/bolt-on 06 Z06's are putting like 600 plus rwhp to the ground! N/A!!

You savin' up for a KB hurtindude?

If I had an 03, I would be drooling all over a KB for mine.
    nah i like the whipple more myself...

tax return this year i think one is gonna come on home to papa...

i wouldn't expect to play with a modded up z06 still yet. I saw one not too long ago....Damn 14" brakes, and calipers that look to be a foot long!!! they are all businazz...

maybe if i spent as much as a zo6 guy would. I mean i could buy my car, and mod it to hell just for what the vette costs.... but at the end of the day, he is in the vette and i am in the mustang even if it has a fancy snake on it.
    Last edited by hurtindude; 08-23-2006 at 10:43 AM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Actually, scratch that twin-scew crap, I would go for the Procharger! I heard those things are super nasty with a Procharger kit, and you can use the stock intercooler. I saw a dyno graph of one, and the torque curve looked just like the HP curve. That would help your launch and save your IRS from nasty torque hits.
    Last edited by Roastem; 08-23-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

N/A > Forced

*No I am not some jacka** saying that N/A motors can produce more power*

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

so a non supercharged dohc 4.6 with 315 hp and a 5 speed will walk an ls1.... thats is total BS in my book..my formy ran 12.56 @ 110 with heddars and 373 gears..let the GTs come let the Cobras coem to hinesville..we have some LS1's down here that will hand out asswhippins with out fear...they kinda like cockroaches..they need to know their place in the food chain..

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Actually, scratch that twin-scew crap, I would go for the Procharger! I heard those things are super nasty with a Procharger kit, and you can use the stock intercooler. I saw a dyno graph of one, and the torque curve looked just like the HP curve. That would help your launch and save your IRS from nasty torque hits.
    there is a few more advantages as well... moving the blower off the top of the motor also helps reduce blower heat soak which increases power and snail blowers are more efficent. Plus since the blower is no longer bolted to the motor, you can run a knock sensor, if you have some sort of tuning solution that supports it. Most cobra guys run a haltech from what i see. Ford didn't run a knock sensor on the terminators because the blower made too much noise and confused the sensor causing false triggers thinking it was detecting knock, when it was really just blower noise.

I have seem some nice sheet metal intakes too to pair with that kit.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by nikos95 View Post
    N/A > Forced

*No I am not some jacka** saying that N/A motors can produce more power*
    That is your opinion, but if that were the case, I would imagine that top fuel drag cars wouldn't run blowers if N/A was so great.

all things considered, and all things the same... a blown motor will always make more power then a n/a motor of same specs.

And if n/a was so great, why is almost every diesel made turbo charged?

Forced induction has been around for a long time friend, if it wasn’t better, they would have stopped using it long ago… Remember it’s forced induction that allows the supra to make a 1000 RWHP on a 6 cylinder motor, same with the skyline. I don’t care how high your compression is you never make that power w/ out the blower. To get 1000 RWHP out of a n/a motor, you would need a big block with compression so high you would need a tractor trailer starter to crank it over,, then some laughing gas. Or you can have a 6 cylinder with a turbo that gets better gas mileage, allows you to adjust boost for fuel economy and less wear on the motor when you don’t need the power, where as that big block will always have high compression and suck gas faster then the Arabs can pump it.

If you wanted to make the argument that a 350 n/a ls1 is better then a turbo charged 4 banger, well then there can be some argument there. Still even then, I personally have a friend w/ a talon tsi that he expects to run 10s in that only has a tiny 4 popper w/ a big turbo and some laughing gas.

To make a blanket statement that n/a is always better then forced induction is simply not the case. All things being equal, forced induction is ALWAYS better.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Formula View Post
    so a non supercharged dohc 4.6 with 315 hp and a 5 speed will walk an ls1.... thats is total BS in my book..my formy ran 12.56 @ 110 with heddars and 373 gears..let the GTs come let the Cobras coem to hinesville..we have some LS1's down here that will hand out asswhippins with out fear...they kinda like cockroaches..they need to know their place in the food chain..
    and i know some cars that would clean up any ls1 in your town.. what do you know about a 1980 toyota corolla that runs 8's at my local track. or another eagle talon tsi that runs 8s. 4 cylinders mind you...

point being, i don't care what you drive, there is always someone faster. i personally know a few 4 bangers that would clean up some many ls1 cars, and cobras.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

I am with the dark side now, but hey, The terminator is just a nice and fast car that is easy (I mean easy) to mod out. And yes that is alot of races for 2 weeks, My first race was on my test drive (one of those new cadillacs that looks like a vette) and I was sold then and there. Everyone one wants to race this car when Im out, even on my lunch break from work, its like they all have something to prove? Havent lost yet!! But Im looking for a new zo6 or a GT 500 to see how I do against some 500 horsepower rides.

I am slowly forgeting about my Trans Am, I might even get one of those personalized plates that says LS1 ETR or I8A VET or GM THIS, Something stupid like that.

Ford got it right with this car!! I'm very impressed, About time huh?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I was thinking about going with SNK4DNR. Your on the menu now Preston!

haha

I was tempted to get one too. I had an 01 Cobra before my Z28, but I just didn't have the pocket change for an 03/04 at the time.

"If you wanted to make the argument that a 350 n/a ls1 is better then a turbo charged 4 banger, well then there can be some argument there. Still even then, I personally have a friend w/ a talon tsi that he expects to run 10s in that only has a tiny 4 popper w/ a big turbo and some laughing gas."

well hell i personally have an LS1 N/A thats capable of 10s that lacks a big tubo and laughing gas. some weight reduction and suspension work needed yet though

my next "project" will most likely be a 03-04 cobra.i can't argue that they are one bad ass car

as for those new Z06's..my dads on the list for an 07 and i would be more than willing to dump some of my own money into that just to see the gains from a cam/bolt ons,etc. he likes to keep his cars stock though
    Last edited by cam02ss; 08-24-2006 at 06:59 AM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    well hell i personally have an LS1 N/A thats capable of 10s that lacks a big tubo and laughing gas. some weight reduction and suspension work needed yet though

as for those new Z06's..my dads on the list for an 07 and i would be more than willing to dump some of my own money into that just to see the gains from a cam/bolt ons,etc. he likes to keep his cars stock though
    Maybe I can talk my pops into getting a new Z06! My pops used to drag race chevelles and such back in the day. He will prolly keep it stock too, he is out of that race car stage, unfortunately. Good thing though, stock is REAL FAST! Can you imagine how many people will just gawk at that beast when you are rolling around?

cam02ss, I just did a big weight reduction on my Z too. I took the entire interior out, and got rid of everything that wasn't necessary. I took out the back seats, all the safety restraints for the back seats, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Dude, that carpet weighs a 100 lbs easy. About 80% of the weight is sound deadening and insulation. It is a real PITA to get all that stuff off the carpet though, some kind of crazy factory glue on there. I filled up a damn big black Hefty bag with the stuff. I got a huge pile of crap, including my 10" sub box and amplifier, that I am going to weigh. It has to be at least 200 lbs!

I still wanted it to look good though, for dates with hotties. So I left the plastic trim, and put that trunk flap back in there so you can't see the back where I took everything off. It almost looks like it came from the factory like that! Only thing though, where the bottom back seats are they cut the carpet for some kind of mount, and it sticks through on both sides.

If you have a power driver's seat, then there is another 20 or 30 lbs right there. I would like to find a gray leather passenger seat from somewhere, cause that thing is much lighter than that damn power seat. Or, I might just save up and get some Recaro seats!

Maybe I can talk my pops into getting a new Z06! My pops used to drag race chevelles and such back in the day. He will prolly keep it stock too, he is out of that race car stage, unfortunately. Good thing though, stock is REAL FAST! Can you imagine how many people will just gawk at that beast when you are rolling around?

cam02ss, I just did a big weight reduction on my Z too. I took the entire interior out, and got rid of everything that wasn't necessary. I took out the back seats, all the safety restraints for the back seats, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Dude, that carpet weighs a 100 lbs easy. About 80% of the weight is sound deadening and insulation. It is a real PITA to get all that stuff off the carpet though, some kind of crazy factory glue on there. I filled up a damn big black Hefty bag with the stuff. I got a huge pile of crap, including my 10" sub box and amplifier, that I am going to weigh. It has to be at least 200 lbs!

I still wanted it to look good though, for dates with hotties. So I left the plastic trim, and put that trunk flap back in there so you can't see the back where I took everything off. It almost looks like it came from the factory like that! Only thing though, where the bottom back seats are they cut the carpet for some kind of mount, and it sticks through on both sides.

If you have a power driver's seat, then there is another 20 or 30 lbs right there. I would like to find a gray leather passenger seat from somewhere, cause that thing is much lighter than that damn power seat. Or, I might just save up and get some Recaro seats!
    yea taking the rear seats out and installing the seat delete kit is in the works..my friend has an extra set that he is selling me. taking all that sound deadening insulation out is going to be another major project also.

my dad used to have muscle cars back in the day also...had a '69 stingray and a couple of goats and then a few years ago had a couple C5's. if i could talk him into it i'd part out the mods on my SS and then sell the car to buy a twin turbo system for the Z06. that would be sickening.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    That is your opinion, but if that were the case, I would imagine that top fuel drag cars wouldn't run blowers if N/A was so great.

all things considered, and all things the same... a blown motor will always make more power then a n/a motor of same specs.

And if n/a was so great, why is almost every diesel made turbo charged?

Forced induction has been around for a long time friend, if it wasn’t better, they would have stopped using it long ago… Remember it’s forced induction that allows the supra to make a 1000 RWHP on a 6 cylinder motor, same with the skyline. I don’t care how high your compression is you never make that power w/ out the blower. To get 1000 RWHP out of a n/a motor, you would need a big block with compression so high you would need a tractor trailer starter to crank it over,, then some laughing gas. Or you can have a 6 cylinder with a turbo that gets better gas mileage, allows you to adjust boost for fuel economy and less wear on the motor when you don’t need the power, where as that big block will always have high compression and suck gas faster then the Arabs can pump it.

If you wanted to make the argument that a 350 n/a ls1 is better then a turbo charged 4 banger, well then there can be some argument there. Still even then, I personally have a friend w/ a talon tsi that he expects to run 10s in that only has a tiny 4 popper w/ a big turbo and some laughing gas.

To make a blanket statement that n/a is always better then forced induction is simply not the case. All things being equal, forced induction is ALWAYS better.
    More or less what I meant, is Ford wanted to take the blower off the 4.6 for the Cobra, but realized they couldn't really do it and get the kinda power they wanted. More or less saying that a motor that can kick 900 n/a is a better start motor *Generally* than a forced motor that kicks 1000. I know that turbo's and such have been around for a long long time. And I love them all to death!

black
    99 Z28

hmmm. and here I thought this was ls1.com not p****mustang.com.........
    Stock n/a cobras are slow as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will not walk an Ls1; period.
    S/c cobras are slow too.......go to fords forum and brag about that bulls*** car. Shut up and race...stop reading magazines and specs...the real test is out on the street. See ya there mustangs...cobras....SVTs.....

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

I was at ETown one crisp April '02 evening when I saw a grey Mustang with a funny looking front bumper all by itself in the staging lanes where the race cars usuallly go. I see a short guy with glasses that looks familiar to me pull around the wall to the lights and stage. I can barely hear this Stang idle, has some nice wheels, but I can't get close enough to see what it is...

next thing I know, it pulls a 12.0x@116. on F1s.

I go over to it and now I remember where I've seen this guy...it's Evan Smith...in a pre-release 03 Cobra. I asked what he did to it. He said 'Lightning pully, that's it...no exhaust, stock paper filter and the F1s, not bad huh? But don't say anything because we're doing an article and I can't have this thing all over the web'

at that moment, i knew I wanted an 03 Cobra...the times I saw come from less than 500 bux in mods floored me, still do...
    I take my hat off to the Terminators...

on a side note...don't the 79 Turbo Cobras and the 82 5.0 Cobras count as Fox-based Cobras?

oh and the Mustang GT is the Cobra in Australia, so yeah they have an 00, lol
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    yea taking the rear seats out and installing the seat delete kit is in the works..my friend has an extra set that he is selling me. taking all that sound deadening insulation out is going to be another major project also.

my dad used to have muscle cars back in the day also...had a '69 stingray and a couple of goats and then a few years ago had a couple C5's. if i could talk him into it i'd part out the mods on my SS and then sell the car to buy a twin turbo system for the Z06. that would be sickening.
    Oh damn, twin turbo's on an 06! That car would be SCARY fast dude. I have never ridden in a car with 1000 whp, but I am sure getting sideways at 125 mph BEFORE peak boost hits would be a hair-raising experience. Talk about a rocket, just call me Wiley Coyote!

That car would make you sh*t your pants and wet thyself.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629 View Post
    hmmm. and here I thought this was ls1.com not p****mustang.com.........
    Stock n/a cobras are slow as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will not walk an Ls1; period.
    S/c cobras are slow too.......go to fords forum and brag about that bulls*** car. Shut up and race...stop reading magazines and specs...the real test is out on the street. See ya there mustangs...cobras....SVTs.....
    i have raced plenty mind you... and have not lost to an LS1 yet.. mind you that may ruffle some feathers, but it is the truth... Now i am not talking about crazy built ls1 cars here, but many had all the basic bolt ons. I raced a near stock one, auto mind you, but the distance could be measured in bus legnths. You can claim driver, but it is hard to screw up that bad with an auto. I mean you have to be really bad... Maybe he was that bad, i dont know, i just know how far back he was when i hit 130 and laid off. No one is bragging, and if you pay attention there are plenty of ls1 owners that will tell you the 03/04 cobra is not slow...

I am one LS1 owner,,, well former LS1 owner that will tell you 03/04 cobras are NOT slow. Cobras of older years, well i will not argue with you on that. I would rather the LS1 myself, and that was exactly what i had until the terminators hit the streets.

if you think 03/04 cobras are slow, then race one... if you are near stock, or even have just the basic bolt ons i do not think you will win.. Not if the guy in the cobra can drive anyway. Thats even assuming the cobra is stock... and we all know... no one who buys cars like we all own... with big powerful loud gas burning machines of war under the hood, no one keeps them stock... Hell i had mods for my cobra on my floor in my 2nd beedroom before i even got the car home... I don't have anything crazy mind you either, but a 6 # lower pully commith soon, just need to save up the G-note for my tuning solution and 2 wide band O2s... I'm all set with these out of the box e-mail tunes most people run. thats how people blow motors. Plus my girl been buggin me to take a vacation,,, damn thats gonna hurt the cobra funds...

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891026 ... LastLast

Thread Information