Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Them Off

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i have a 98 vert ss aswell, what exhaust did yours come with, did it have the single exit on the driver's side, thats the rarest, i had it, still got it but i replaced it with a flowmaster dual exit

bright rally red
    2002 ss 35th

heres mine

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Top down

Top up

How her life ended!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

looking at that really hurts because mine looks almost exactly like yours did.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    looking at that really hurts because mine looks almost exactly like yours did.
    Everytime I see a pewter SS vert, it reminds me of mine. Yours and I believe his s/n is Supersport(he also has a pewter SS vert) always reminds me.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I think the pewter SSs with black top black leather and the chrome wheels look the freakin best!!! The first time I saw my car when the people were arriving in it to let me test drive it, I had that jaw drop feeling... I mean it looks so good on those wheels and it seemed like it was crawling on its belly I can't explain it. Kinda like love at first sight for a car. On top of that I've got CME the same grille you've got and 6spd.

We both put clear signals on ours, but guess what else... I was going to go with chrome but my girl bought me some black fillin letters for the back. In the end result mine will be different.

I'm missing mine right now because its in the shop waiting on a clutch to arrive. Should be about a week and I'll have it back.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I think the pewter SSs with black top black leather and the chrome wheels look the freakin best!!! The first time I saw my car when the people were arriving in it to let me test drive it, I had that jaw drop feeling... I mean it looks so good on those wheels and it seemed like it was crawling on its belly I can't explain it. Kinda like love at first sight for a car. On top of that I've got CME the same grille you've got and 6spd.

We both put clear signals on ours, but guess what else... I was going to go with chrome but my girl bought me some black fillin letters for the back. In the end result mine will be different.

I'm missing mine right now because its in the shop waiting on a clutch to arrive. Should be about a week and I'll have it back.
    I want another vert, definately a M6 for cruising/highway driving. I would love to have another pewter vert, basically what you have now. I feel the same way about the black/black but I wouldn't mod it near as much. Just suspension and full exhaust. I do miss that car but my current SS beats it in every phase

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

what makes you say that?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

what makes you say that?
    Appearance, suspension, performance and anything else you want to judge about the 2 cars all favor the current SS.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

y2k you dont have your vert anymore......... rip

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    y2k you dont have your vert anymore......... rip
    It was sad, but in the long run I came out better

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    It was sad, but in the long run I came out better
    really? how?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    really? how?
    Insurance pay off on the vert was great, it was low miles and being a vert it had a high value. My monthly payments reduced over $100/month on the current Camaro and I had a chunk of money to throw at the current Camaro when I bought it from the insurance settlement. I also bought the vert back from insurance so I was able to keep all the parts I wanted plus sell off the ones I didn't want. Everything I dreamed of having done to the vert I do have done to the current Camaro, cheaper monthly payments, and a safer Camaro. I was very close to rolling when I hydroplaned and after going through that, you really think hard about having a car with that much power and no roof.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahahahaha, I get you y2k. I am currently running two different kinds of tires on mine. I've got the grippy kumhos on back and I've got the hydro resistant nitto 555s up front. I have driven in some pretty rough rain and it does great! What kind of tires were you running?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

hahahahaha, I get you y2k. I am currently running two different kinds of tires on mine. I've got the grippy kumhos on back and I've got the hydro resistant nitto 555s up front. I have driven in some pretty rough rain and it does great! What kind of tires were you running?
    I was running BFG KDW's at the time. They had a lot of tread on them. The convertor flashed though, and before I knew it, I was doing donuts on the highway. Hit the passenger side guardrail(of an overpass) and then ping ponged back into traffic, another car struck me and I ended up smacking the center median. I got a few broken ribs, the other car was totaled as well but no one was seriously hurt thankfully. Bought me a daily Honda in the meantime and shopped for about 2-3 months before finding the current Camaro.

old,not slow

Ceyenne Red Metalic
    1998 Z28 "vert

Sorry to hear about your loss, glad you able to replace it, but back on topic.....LOL

Robert

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Appearance, suspension, performance and anything else you want to judge about the 2 cars all favor the current SS.
    did you get the current one stock? If you did all the modding I can understand why you'd have favoritism over the current SS.

Personally, I used to hate vert F-bodies, but after I saw mine my mind totally switched. I think mine is the most beautiful SS damn near. Only exceptions would be a mint condition one just like mine but in white or black and everything else the same. Mine is a pussy magnet hahaha!

I guess all that just really means is that I'm really happy having my car. I never have the big head like mine rules yours sucks. I am just happy about my car and feel damn good driving it.

and how does the hard top out perform in all categories, all I know is the ttop weighs about 200lbs less. They're the same car and with subframe connectors they're damn nice.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

did you get the current one stock? If you did all the modding I can understand why you'd have favoritism over the current SS.

Personally, I used to hate vert F-bodies, but after I saw mine my mind totally switched. I think mine is the most beautiful SS damn near. Only exceptions would be a mint condition one just like mine but in white or black and everything else the same. Mine is a pussy magnet hahaha!

I guess all that just really means is that I'm really happy having my car. I never have the big head like mine rules yours sucks. I am just happy about my car and feel damn good driving it.

and how does the hard top out perform in all categories, all I know is the ttop weighs about 200lbs less. They're the same car and with subframe connectors they're damn nice.
    The current Camaro was bone stock. I have done all the wrenching on it myself. A lot of the mods I had on the vert moved over to the current Camaro as well. The main reasons I prefer the current one is the painted stripe, I have the Berger panel on this one, I have this one lowered, even though I love the factory chrome 10 spokes, CCWs>chrome 10 spokes, and the difference in what I have done to the engine bay of this one compared to the vert is like comparing Mustangs to Ferraris . I also just scored an original CME for the current SS as well

My best friend had a hard top and I drove it a lot, so I have experience with all 3. Ttop car is the best of all worlds IMO, but you simply can't beat the wide open feel of a vert. There is no better feeling than that and until you experience it, you can't imagine that feeling. My vert, the current Camaro and my friends hard top all have SFCs, and there is a huge difference in the 3 IMO. A vert with SFCs is not as firm feeling as a ttop car, and a ttop car with SFCs is not as firm feeling as a hardtop. Its a very noticeable difference between the 3 IMO.

I still want another SS vert though, this time it would be an M6 however

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

that is a HOT CRM vert. talk about classy.

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

After seeing both of your SS's preston, i am very impressed with the new Ttop car. have to admit the vert was a jaw dropper, but so much more attn to detail has been done on the new one. Plain and simple, verts are built for pure joy. speed doesnt matter when you get to cruise with the top down and just enjoy the full experience.

--------- Chris - 1996 Camaro Z28SS #1524 ---------
    LT4 Cam Kit | Comp Lifters/PR's | Jet Hot LT's & ORY | Corsa RSC Exhaust | SLP Bilstiens | S-C/D Rotors | 1LE Elbow | !EGR/AIR
    madZ tune | 17x11 Chrome ZR-1's | Berger Panel | Fillins | BMR STB | Autometer A/F & Trans Temp | !Mouldings | Zaino

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information