Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I have the same gun for my concealed carry piece, except in 40 (G27). Do yourself a favor and get the extended mags. It allows for all of your fingers on the grip, and adds 2 rounds capacity. It wont effect concealment either.
    I will check those out
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Shot the new S&W Bodyguard M&P .380 on Saturday. Neat little gun and works quite well as a concealed carry piece. Has a long trigger pull but fits my hand. Next time out, I will start to dial it in a bit and see if it is as accurate as my Sigma.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    I got Glock 19 gen 4 also and is my first gun. Only been to the range a few times with friends and plan on taking a course. There are too many options from people that are offering an 8 hour course for $110 and then of course the ones for $50. How do you really decide who to go with? Also ended up getting a Taurus .380 for the wife.
    ..word of mouth is always good, ..if it's a CCW class you're looking for, i'd recommend finding out which one puts more emphasis on the legal stuff, ..to me that's the most beneficial part of a CCW class, ...then you can take other classes (advanced handgun, etc.) for learning skills... if you're beginners, a "first shots", or equivalent class that goes over safe handling and allows you to shoot several handguns under supervision) would be well worth your while

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Shot the new S&W Bodyguard M&P .380 on Saturday. Neat little gun and works quite well as a concealed carry piece. Has a long trigger pull but fits my hand. Next time out, I will start to dial it in a bit and see if it is as accurate as my Sigma.
    That was going to be my choice if I didn't got such a good deal with my LCP. That's a great little gun you got there. I'm actually testing this week some new JHP from Fiocchi Extrema XTP rounds. I seen the ballistics gel test on youtube and they are #2. Number 1 is precision one XTP.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    That was going to be my choice if I didn't got such a good deal with my LCP. That's a great little gun you got there. I'm actually testing this week some new JHP from Fiocchi Extrema XTP rounds. I seen the ballistics gel test on youtube and they are #2. Number 1 is precision one XTP.
    ...those have been my "carry load" for years now, ...they function well, ..the nickel-plated casings are nice...

red
    95 Z28

Both are 8 hour courses and are described in the same way. And I think both are more classroom. My neighbor suggested that while home I try and get used to it by unloaded it and loading , basic handling and pointing etc.. I use empty clips as I have several. Both need rounds put through as they are tight as all. The .380 the most. Wife wont be able to do anything if needed. We also dont keep one in the chamber. Either way I know we both need some range handling time and get comfortable. So many important things to consider. We have her dad in the house and situations can change in an instant. Was curious if these were decent prices?

Attachment 26243
    Attachment 26242

Paid $591 Glock including the handle grip, extra clips, tritium sights and adjusted trigger.
    Paid $395 Tarus .380
    I don't agree with your neighbor. There are some basic and fundamental rules of gun safety you should learn before you spend any time "getting to know" the guns you bought. A beginner's gun safety course should go beyond the actual shooting and handling of the gun. Now I don't know if you have any past experience, but I'm going on the assumption that you have none in the interests of safety. At the very least go look up the four golden rules of gun safety, as they're a good baseline to drill into your own head. And if you feel the need to manipulate and load/unload the firearms you got, go get some dummy rounds (they're bright orange, made of rubber/plastic), as those will allow you to load and dry fire the gun with no risk whatsoever.

Also, there are a wealth of videos out there that serve as a training guide for beginners using handguns. You can find videos regarding safety, general handling, grip, stance, etc. I'd recommend watching them before attending any class as it could give you a heads up on what you'll learn in person.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have officially fired more rounds this year than in the past 10 years combined. Feels good getting back into this and Dawn feels better about it now that she has gone to our last practice session to see how we handle our firearms. She didn't do any shooting, but probably will next time we are out. Have to start with the basics of gun safety, but the .380 will make a perfect gun for her to learn on.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I don't agree with your neighbor. There are some basic and fundamental rules of gun safety you should learn before you spend any time "getting to know" the guns you bought. A beginner's gun safety course should go beyond the actual shooting and handling of the gun. Now I don't know if you have any past experience, but I'm going on the assumption that you have none in the interests of safety. At the very least go look up the four golden rules of gun safety, as they're a good baseline to drill into your own head. And if you feel the need to manipulate and load/unload the firearms you got, go get some dummy rounds (they're bright orange, made of rubber/plastic), as those will allow you to load and dry fire the gun with no risk whatsoever.

Also, there are a wealth of videos out there that serve as a training guide for beginners using handguns. You can find videos regarding safety, general handling, grip, stance, etc. I'd recommend watching them before attending any class as it could give you a heads up on what you'll learn in person.
    Thanks for the advice. You are correct and I should take it more serious and I forgot to say he did mention dummy rounds. The only experience I have is going to the range a few times with friends and them telling the the 4 rules. By me not using the dummy bullets I was taking a risk and should have thought better.

red
    95 Z28

Thanks for the advice. You are correct and I should take it more serious and I forgot to say he did mention dummy rounds. The only experience I have is going to the range a few times with friends and them telling the the 4 rules. By me not using the dummy bullets I was taking a risk and should have thought better.
    I wasn't implying that you weren't taking it serious enough, I just always tend to approach things from a safety standpoint when it comes to folks that have little or no experience with firearms. Few people get hurt by being overzealous when it comes to safety. On the other hand, people that don't take safety seriously... yeah
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...those have been my "carry load" for years now, ...they function well, ..the nickel-plated casings are nice...
    Fiocchis or Precision one's?

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    Fiocchis or Precision one's?
    ..i was referring to the fiocchi extremas you mentioned... although I use 9mm...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information