Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4142434505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1145

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I've been using the 1oz with every 5 gallons and I really like it...idles a lot smoother than before. Would I run into any issues if I decided to do 1oz for every 4 gallons or would it be too rich at that point?
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Platinum
    2013 Skoda Yeti

I know a guy who runs double that amount, 1oz/2gal or 1:250 in one of the 1.2L VW turbo motors and swears by it.
    Another with the 1.8L turbo, both gas, has backed off from 1:250 to about 1:400 where he still gets similar benefits.

So 1:500 or 1oz/4gal shouldn't cause any problems. Why not try it? If you don't notice any gains go back to 1oz/5gal

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It is noted early in this thread that they found no additional benefit by increasing the amount of oil.

Personally I'd stick to the 1oz per 5 gal ritual on a gas engine and enjoy. When I first started I figured more is better. Didn't work out too well for me. I started getting a haze of smoke while running and it was down on power. As soon as it burned off a few gallons I pulled into the station and topped off with gas again in an attempt to dilute the mixture. Within a few more miles of driving it cleared up and was fine. I've stuck to the 1oz/5gal mix ever since in everything gas, and carefully measure it now Seems to be about the perfect ratio for a gas engine.

Keep in mind this stuff isn't forgiving like the Lucas fuel treatment is. The lucas stuff you can dump an entire 5-6 ounce bottle in a 15 gallon tank and have no ill affects at all, run that tank down to 1/4, fillup and dump another full bottle of Lucas in and it's still running fine. Try that with TCW-3 and you'll be killin' mesquito's
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 06-20-2014 at 05:02 AM.

The only instance I increase the ratio is in my diesel. I run 1oz per 2gal of diesel fuel. I notice no affect on the truck at all, no gas mileage increase or change (unlike the average 1mpg increase I see in my gas engines) I suspect the 1oz per 2gal ratio isn't strong enough for the diesel but if I increased the dosage I'd go through TCW-3 like water So I stick with the 1:2 ratio and be happy knowing that I'm at least adding some lubricity to the diesel fuel.

Some diesel guys report using a 1 to 1 ratio with good results, I'm just reluctant to burn through the TCW-3 that fast.

Platinum
    2013 Skoda Yeti

1:256 is a bit light for a diesel. 2oz per 3gal would be what is generally accepted as the ideal ratio of 1:200[1:192]
    Usually the economy gain more than pays for the oil but even without that, it's so cheap in the US that the cost is minimal.
    At US$6.50gal for diesel and going up soon, we almost pay for fuel what you can buy 2 stroke oil for.

In a diesel I would consider any oil added to the tank as fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by DOU 101 View Post
    1:256 is a bit light for a diesel. 2oz per 3gal would be what is generally accepted as the ideal ratio of 1:200[1:192]
    Usually the economy gain more than pays for the oil but even without that, it's so cheap in the US that the cost is minimal.
    At US$6.50gal for diesel and going up soon, we almost pay for fuel what you can buy 2 stroke oil for.

In a diesel I would consider any oil added to the tank as fuel.
    Yeah I know it's a light mixture, but with 10 other gas cars I use this stuff in at a 1oz. per 5 gal ratio, plus the lawn equipment, TCW-3 goes quick. Then figure in the 1 oz per 2 gal of diesel fuel mix I started using has nearly doubled my TCW-3 usage as it is already. So I don't have a desire to richen the mix in the diesel.

Besides, diesel fuel is only $3.53 a gallon out here (just filled up last night) I can buy diesel cheaper than premium gas, which right now is $3.84 a gallon.

Platinum
    2013 Skoda Yeti

What vehicle and diesel engine do you have?
    The diesel here is ultra low sulphur and the engine[european] in mine really needs the high cetane version that's only available a long way from here. I filled up with it a couple of weeks ago and will miss it when it's gone, the cold starts and first few km will be noisy again in the cool weather on the local stock brew.

What vehicle and diesel engine do you have?
    The diesel here is ultra low sulphur and the engine[european] in mine really needs the high cetane version that's only available a long way from here. I filled up with it a couple of weeks ago and will miss it when it's gone, the cold starts and first few km will be noisy again in the cool weather on the local stock brew.
    3/4 ton pickup with a Duramax. All the sulfer in our diesel fuel was removed a few years ago thanks to the EPA, hence the reason I mix the TCW-3 in there, so I get some lubricity back, even if just a little.

Platinum
    2013 Skoda Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    3/4 ton pickup with a Duramax. All the sulfer in our diesel fuel was removed a few years ago thanks to the EPA, hence the reason I mix the TCW-3 in there, so I get some lubricity back, even if just a little.
    The LML 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque is impressive! That cracks the magic 1000Nm torque figure that few stock engines can boast. If that's what you're running it's just as well the diesel is half our price.

The LML 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque is impressive! That cracks the magic 1000Nm torque figure that few stock engines can boast. If that's what you're running it's just as well the diesel is half our price.
    I have an 05 model with a couple of bolt ons and custom tune. I think factory rated them around 500 ft lbs. back then but I'm supposed to be around the 650 ft lbs range with the daily driver tune and 700 ft lbs in the race tune that I've never even used.
    Daily driver tune is plenty of power for what I do with it, and mileage is respectable with a best of 19 highway and routinely gets 16+ around town. Not bad for a 7,000 lbs. truck. I just wish it had a bigger fuel tank in it. 26 gallon is tiny for a truck in my opinion.

Platinum
    2013 Skoda Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I have an 05 model with a couple of bolt ons and custom tune. I think factory rated them around 500 ft lbs. back then but I'm supposed to be around the 650 ft lbs range with the daily driver tune and 700 ft lbs in the race tune that I've never even used.
    Daily driver tune is plenty of power for what I do with it, and mileage is respectable with a best of 19 highway and routinely gets 16+ around town. Not bad for a 7,000 lbs. truck. I just wish it had a bigger fuel tank in it. 26 gallon is tiny for a truck in my opinion.
    That's not bad consumption at all for the size and power.
    If you were paying our prices for fuel that tank would be plenty big enough!

Yeah I think $6.50 a gallon would hurt a little bit

I read through this thread 4 years ago and thought what the heck, I will try it in my Harley. 1oz per 5 gallons seemed like too much so I did 1/2oz per 5 gallons. I did notice it ran different, for the better. Never used anything other than supertech because it ran fine. So earlier this year I noticed a slight loss in MPG. No big deal really. The tops of my pistons are carbon free, spark plugs are always clean when I change them. But the few mpg loss had me thinking so I have run 5 tanks with no TCW3, mileage has stayed at the same slightly lower mpg. I just did a seafoam clean on the wifes car and had 4oz left. So I dumped it in my tank.

So I rode it for the first time today with seafoam and sure as crap, whats that smell. Why it smells juat like an outboard. Infact it smells more like 2 cycle oil than when I was running the tcw3. Something somewhere is collecting the tcw3 in my motor. Burning regular gas was not cleaning it out very quickly but after 40 miles with seafoam, its cleaning it out. How much is in there? I have no clue, but I am going to run the piss out of this tank of gas and get it nice and hot for some extended miles and do Another seafoam to get it nice and clean. Then check my mileage.

I am sure I am going to try another tcw3, but use it much less and a different brand. It does change how it feels as it idles and runs. This is just a heads up that there may be a build up in the motor you can not see without a teardown on Harley motors.

This is just a loooooong term report on supertech tcw3. It does build up, but it takes a long time and even a very light dose does it in a harley motor.

Platinum
    2013 Skoda Yeti

The only place that I can imagine the 2 stroke oil might accumulate as a residual concentrate might be if your Harley has a carby and it's settling out in the float bowl when it's left for any time?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Been running TC-W3 in our cars for almost 4 years now and have had no similar issues. I also run it in our generators but they do not see regular use.

Platinum
    2013 Skoda Yeti

Same here, no problems at all.
    I was thinking of fuel at about 1:30 for chain saws etc that gets left for over a year sometimes in a container. They say it's stale and should be discarded but I always think if it sat underground for millions of years it's still going to be good after a year in a can.
    It does settle out though and needs a really good shake to get it back in solution, then it works the same as it did before.

They separate the fuel out of crude by heating it, with the lighter oils rising. The carby gets hotter than the fuel tank so that might encourage the oil to settle and build in the float bowl each time it's turned off?
    Perhaps the Harley gets used more than the generators and caused it to build up to cause a problem?

6 carbed vehicles here. TCW-3 used in all of them. They sit for weeks or sometimes months at a time and haven't experienced any settling or buildup of any kind.

I tend to wonder if TCW-3 may also add some stability to the fuel. One car here in particular I filled up over a year ago along with TCW-3. Fired it up again to drive to a cruise last October, then sat until April this year, fired it up again to hit another cruise. The gas never had that stale smell that it always gets (sometimes as quick as just a couple months). Ran perfectly fine, no odors. I finally just put a few gallons of fresh gas in it when I had it out this past April.

Pulse Red
    2004 GTO M6

Wow, long time since I've been on here. Using TCW-3 for about 6-7 years now every tank. A couple years in the GTO... didn't seem to help when I wrapped it around a tree but that might be asking a lot from a fuel additive. And now almost 5 years in the Camaro. 6-7 years in my VTX.

TCW-3 will disolve completely and almost instantly into gas, I guess if you accidentally did something absurd like a 1:1 mix amybe not but there is no way it would accumulate in gas. I'm thinking one time without paying attention something else was used.

red
    2004 M6 GTO, 383 stroker

Used the Penzoil Marine 2 cycle for the first time in my 2002 Grand Prix 3.1., 1 oz per 5 gallons, I checked my number before fill up and had gotten 21.03 miles/gallon w/o any treatment. After driving 173.6 miles, I filled up again, purchasing 11.159 gallons of 87 octane. The tank is 17.5 gallons. Run the numbers and you'll see I used 6.341 gallons between fill ups @ 173.6 miles that's 27.4 miles/gallon after treating the fuel with the Penzoil Marine 2 cycle. That's pretty amazing, and we are not talking about a lot of highway miles as I deliver pizza with the Grand Prix. I will let you know what the numbers are after the next fill up.

Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4142434505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread Information