31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ls6 long block

4 12.90%
  • built something else

27 87.10%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 500 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I didn't see any of that info you mentioned, nor a timeslip that broke the run down. I thought there was a problem with 2 different cars with vastly different MPH's that ran the same ET.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...end-346-n.html

Post 7

Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    Well shucks, no wonder I didn't see it here,,,,that's on a completely different website.

I read the first couple,,,,EH,,,just sounds like a bunch of people jelious they can't accomplish the same thing. I don't find the timeslip that out of the oridinary. Somewhat mimics our (drag only) nova we raced a couple years back. That MPH is just about right for that ET.
    My hats off to Rob, I hope he finds a little more speed in the car to ruffle some more feathers over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I read the first couple,,,,EH,,,just sounds like a bunch of people jelious they can't accomplish the same thing. I don't find the timeslip that out of the oridinary. Somewhat mimics our (drag only) nova we raced a couple years back. That MPH is just about right for that ET.
    My hats off to Rob, I hope he finds a little more speed in the car to ruffle some more feathers over there.
    Of course the ET is about right for the MPH. No doubt the car runs very strong. But that's not the question. Can you explain picking up 33mph on the back end?

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

http://www.golenengineservice.com/html/calculators.html

according to this calculator (I wouldn't consider it dead accurate but will at least get you into the ballpark)

Estimate Quarter Mile Horsepower Requirements from ET

It would take approximately 652 Flywheel HP to achieve a 9.98

or Estimate Quarter Mile Horsepower Requirements from MPH

It would take approximately 672 Flywheel HP to achieve 138 MPH.

So this H/C/I 01 ZO6 is making around 650 FWHP. Please throw the bone somewhere else other than in our laps. He states it made 457 RWHP and 382 RWTQ. With 15% drivetrain loss that would bring it up to 520 Flywheel and I am sure he doesn't lose 15%. Can we say 100+ shot of nitrous probably 150. Hell the guy is all stealthy says the people that know him, he won't talk about his car, he won't show off his car (closes the hood so noone can look), and then he says he drives it to the track yet people see it trailored there. What else needs to be said to raise an eyebrow.

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

Of course the ET is about right for the MPH. No doubt the car runs very strong. But that's not the question. Can you explain picking up 33mph on the back end?
    can you explain how its impossible. records are made and broken all the time in racing. do us a favor and

Looks about right to me. That's about a typical 20-22% gain from 1/8 to 1/4.
    Our Nova would do 105 in the 1/8 and finish at 135-136 mph running bottom 10's. It was also all motor.

Even my wifes daily driver is very similar, running 85 mph in the 1/8 and finishing at 110+ mph. Do the math,,,that's a 22% gain from 1/8 to 1/4 on a naturally aspirated car. About identical to what Rob's car is doing.

I just don't see what the problem is here.

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post

according to this calculator (I wouldn't consider it dead accurate but will at least get you into the ballpark)

So this H/C/I 01 ZO6 is making around 650 FWHP. Please throw the bone somewhere else other than in our laps. He states it made 457 RWHP and 382 RWTQ. With 15% drivetrain loss that would bring it up to 520 Flywheel and I am sure he doesn't lose 15%. Can we say 100+ shot of nitrous probably 150. Hell the guy is all stealthy says the people that know him, he won't talk about his car, he won't show off his car (closes the hood so noone can look), and then he says he drives it to the track yet people see it trailored there. What else needs to be said to raise an eyebrow.

the are all aproximations and estimates. there is no set dt% loss. that is also estimated. nhra racers dont hardley show thier engines either. so who cares if he doesnt wanna show his engine. so what if he drives it to the track sometimes and then trailors it other times. can you please join marc 85z28 and

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post

These dyno numbers are a moot point. 457 rwhp doesn't really mean anything. The only way to compare his ET to his rwhp is to compare to other cars that came off the exact same dyno and run at the exact same track on the same day with similar conditions.
    Especially a mustang dyno, they are notoriously low on output compared to others. There was even a member here that had his camaro tuned and dyno'd on a mustang, and made 340 rwhp,,,but the car ran 11.60's at 117 mph.
    Dyno numbers don't mean a damn thing, it's a tuning device and that's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SHovV View Post
    the are all aproximations and estimates. there is no set dt% loss. that is also estimated. nhra racers dont hardley show thier engines either. so who cares if he doesnt wanna show his engine. so what if he drives it to the track sometimes and then trailors it other times. can you please join marc 85z28 and
    Exactly, the secrets are all part of the game. He is probably laughing at everyone that questions the car, I'd shut the hood too just to keep people scratching their heads.
    Check out stock and super stock NHRA racing and see what these guys are doing to make the cars as fast as they are within the rules they work in.

Take some of that same technology, tricks, and speed secrets and apply them here, only you don't have to stay within a rule book.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

There are some guys in the know in this thread...

That car did NOT pick up that much in the back 1/8th with an N/A pump gas 346.

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

well then by all means feel free to chime in on the "in the know" secrets and put an end to the anger management "conspiracy"

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

well then by all means feel free to chime in on the "in the know" secrets and put an end to the anger management "conspiracy"
    i smell power adder

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Well there is some expertise chiming in there. All the people in the know, even on LS1Tech are calling BS. Power adder needed, or larger displacement. And as stated with MPH and HP calculators, I said they weren't dead on, but they are definately not 100-150 HP off.

As for you ShovV, suggesting me and Marc 85Z28 that suicide is the answer for us,
    Can you please take your smilie and shove it up your ass!

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

Yeah, even tuners are chiming in with the BS flag!!!

Frost and I don't have to. If you cannot grasp the fact that a naturally aspirated 346 can't pick up 33 mph in the last 1/8 mile, then you cannot read into a timeslip and have no business in this conversation. Please learn a little more about the topic before continuing. I suggest you do a little research on what kinds of cars pick up that much.

Firebirdjones - picking up 28-30 mph in a healthy running car isn't out of the ordinary. 33 is a bit outrageous. The ONLY cars that do that are big power cars (1000+) that are ALWAYS boosting or spraying.

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

Frost and I don't have to. If you cannot grasp the fact that a naturally aspirated 346 can't pick up 33 mph in the last 1/8 mile, then you cannot read into a timeslip and have no business in this conversation. Please learn a little more about the topic before continuing. I suggest you do a little research on what kinds of cars pick up that much.

Firebirdjones - picking up 28-30 mph in a healthy running car isn't out of the ordinary. 33 is a bit outrageous. The ONLY cars that do that are big power cars (1000+) that are ALWAYS boosting or spraying.
    you and frost dont have to chime in , not cause you dont want to, cause you cant. you guys dont know anymore about the car than i or any other person on any other forum do. and as far as doin research on the "topic", the original topic of this thread was 500rwhp on a ls6 long block or something else. 500rwhp 346ci can be done, and done with N/A

its ok, i dont hate you guys

That's true, it's all speculation from everyone on the internet. Doesn't mean it can't be done, and I still don't see anything unusual about the pass. But that's the internet for ya. Always someone that has to raise a stink about someone elses success. Who cares how he is doing it. And from what I have seen on one of the videos, this has been since 2006 or something like that,,,,sheeeesh and it's still causing a stir

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

A local friend of mine (posts as Mightymouse on ls1tech) has gone 8.73 @ 159.2MPH on his ERL blocked 364" engine with a PTE88 (88mm T4) maxed out on his 3800lb car. That is something like 1200-1250 engine HP which, not coincidentally, is the rating of that hairdryer. The car made like 900rwhp with an UNLOCKED converter through a 4l80 and a 9". At the HP level that he made those 8 second passes, his car picks up 30-33 MPH on the back 1/8th.

you and frost dont have to chime in , not cause you dont want to, cause you cant. you guys dont know anymore about the car than i or any other person on any other forum do. and as far as doin research on the "topic", the original topic of this thread was 500rwhp on a ls6 long block or something else. 500rwhp 346ci can be done, and done with N/A

its ok, i dont hate you guys
    It can be done, and has. Not arguing that. But saying that it's possible cam only, or even with PRCs ported stock castings is about as likely as picking up 33mph in the last 1/8 with a NA 346.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information