Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...yeah, i'd avoid the allure of going w/ an IWB spare mag holder, (requires even more waist slack in your pants, and highly uncomfortable), ...go w/ an OWB spare mag holder
    It depends on which mag pouch you get and where you place it. See I always carry the spare mag on the same side as the pistol holster. Why? Because when you carry IWB the gun creates a gap between the gun and the body. I place my spare mag pouch in that area and I never have to get any bigger size than the size needed for the gun. The mag pouch sits parallel to your side so when you sit down it doesn't dig in. Of course this depends on how long the spare mag is and such.

OWB mag pouch for me still prints and can keep my shirt from dropping freely. I put the spare mag pouch in front of the gun holster. I have carry like this for the last 3 years very comfortable. I just ordered my holster for the G26 from Bearcreek Holsters. I just love their holsters.
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I took the G26 to the range and after 400 rds of different manufactures I had zero issues. I even shot one handed trying to cause limpwrist and it never happen. Very nice pistol. Very accurate. I put some +P ammo thru it and it wasn't as bad. It still made my groups bigger but that was my 1st time shooting. Way less recoil than 40 cal. I will practice with some more in the future. So far I carry it with PDX1 9mm +p and Winchester Super X. Here is War Horse:

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I want the Glock 43. Just because.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    It depends on which mag pouch you get and where you place it. See I always carry the spare mag on the same side as the pistol holster. Why? Because when you carry IWB the gun creates a gap between the gun and the body. I place my spare mag pouch in that area and I never have to get any bigger size than the size needed for the gun. The mag pouch sits parallel to your side so when you sit down it doesn't dig in. Of course this depends on how long the spare mag is and such.

OWB mag pouch for me still prints and can keep my shirt from dropping freely. I put the spare mag pouch in front of the gun holster. I have carry like this for the last 3 years very comfortable. I just ordered my holster for the G26 from Bearcreek Holsters. I just love their holsters.
    ...to each his own, ...but, ..I can't let it go w/out saying that keeping the spare mag on the same side as the pistol/holster would, seems to me, difficult and awkward to do a reload, ...from what I've seen and experience, you carry the spare on the opposite side for practical reasons, and not having to reach across your body, or worse muzzle, to grab the spare...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

...to each his own, ...but, ..I can't let it go w/out saying that keeping the spare mag on the same side as the pistol/holster would, seems to me, difficult and awkward to do a reload, ...from what I've seen and experience, you carry the spare on the opposite side for practical reasons, and not having to reach across your body, or worse muzzle, to grab the spare...
    I have always done it this way and is second nature to me now. Is not really that difficult. If you put the magazine orientation correctly I have no issues grabbing and reloading right away. Yes I seen everyone else doing it like you do it but it does not work for me. It kills my waist by putting additional pressure carrying IWB. OWB sure I will have no problem with that. I had always trained like this and I will continue to carry like this because is more comfortable. I tried carrying on the opposite side and I ended up putting the mag in my pocket or not carrying it at all.

I understand what you are saying about the muzzle but the only time I'm reaching for the spare is when i'm doing a mag change because I'm out of ammo. So there is no safety issue with the muzzle at that point until I reload which at that time I'm back to normal stance. I'm not even passing my hand or arm no where near close to the muzzle anyway. I'm reaching underneath the firearm.

blue
    1999 TransAm

I have always done it this way and is second nature to me now. Is not really that difficult. If you put the magazine orientation correctly I have no issues grabbing and reloading right away. Yes I seen everyone else doing it like you do it but it does not work for me. It kills my waist by putting additional pressure carrying IWB. OWB sure I will have no problem with that. I had always trained like this and I will continue to carry like this because is more comfortable. I tried carrying on the opposite side and I ended up putting the mag in my pocket or not carrying it at all.

I understand what you are saying about the muzzle but the only time I'm reaching for the spare is when i'm doing a mag change because I'm out of ammo. So there is no safety issue with the muzzle at that point until I reload which at that time I'm back to normal stance. I'm not even passing my hand or arm no where near close to the muzzle anyway. I'm reaching underneath the firearm.
    ..fair enough, if it works for you and you've trained in that manner... keep in mind though, if you do a tactical reload your chamber is probably occupied...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

..fair enough, if it works for you and you've trained in that manner... keep in mind though, if you do a tactical reload your chamber is probably occupied...
    fair enough

- - - Updated - - -

fair enough

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

anyone having this double post issue? every time I post something on the site is showing double with that update line. I have been deleting them but is annoying.

blue
    1999 TransAm

anyone having this double post issue? every time I post something on the site is showing double with that update line. I have been deleting them but is annoying.
    I've had that problem intermittently, ..it's only w/ this site (ls1.com)...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Picked up the replacement for my Sigma on Monday at the local sporting goods store. S&W shipped me out a brand new M&P Bodyguard .380 after inspecting my Sigma and deeming it unrepairable. I was shocked to open the M&P box and find that it was the laser equipped model. Never expected that, even though I had considered offering to pay the difference. The M&P is very compact and fits my hand nicely. Looking forward to running some rounds through it. Very impressed with S&W's customer service.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Picked up the replacement for my Sigma on Monday at the local sporting goods store. S&W shipped me out a brand new M&P Bodyguard .380 after inspecting my Sigma and deeming it unrepairable. I was shocked to open the M&P box and find that it was the laser equipped model. Never expected that, even though I had considered offering to pay the difference. The M&P is very compact and fits my hand nicely. Looking forward to running some rounds through it. Very impressed with S&W's customer service.
    ..I think you'll like the M&P!...

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I've had that problem intermittently, ..it's only w/ this site (ls1.com)...
    Did the upgrade help?
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Did the upgrade help?
    When was the upgrade Ed?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

It looks like it got fixed. I'm not seeing double posts so far.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Well I have been contemplating this for the last month but I finally found a G19 gen 4 with LEO discount. I'm planning to sell the G23 gen 3 in the near future. Now I can interchange the g19 mags with my g26.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

When was the upgrade Ed?
    This morning.

red
    95 Z28

I took the G26 to the range and after 400 rds of different manufactures I had zero issues. I even shot one handed trying to cause limpwrist and it never happen. Very nice pistol. Very accurate. I put some +P ammo thru it and it wasn't as bad. It still made my groups bigger but that was my 1st time shooting. Way less recoil than 40 cal. I will practice with some more in the future. So far I carry it with PDX1 9mm +p and Winchester Super X. Here is War Horse:
    Click for full size
    I have the same gun for my concealed carry piece, except in 40 (G27). Do yourself a favor and get the extended mags. It allows for all of your fingers on the grip, and adds 2 rounds capacity. It wont effect concealment either.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Well I have been contemplating this for the last month but I finally found a G19 gen 4 with LEO discount. I'm planning to sell the G23 gen 3 in the near future. Now I can interchange the g19 mags with my g26.
    I got Glock 19 gen 4 also and is my first gun. Only been to the range a few times with friends and plan on taking a course. There are too many options from people that are offering an 8 hour course for $110 and then of course the ones for $50. How do you really decide who to go with? Also ended up getting a Taurus .380 for the wife.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    I got Glock 19 gen 4 also and is my first gun. Only been to the range a few times with friends and plan on taking a course. There are too many options from people that are offering an 8 hour course for $110 and then of course the ones for $50. How do you really decide who to go with? Also ended up getting a Taurus .380 for the wife.
    Which course is geared more towards beginners? If one course is described as a "for all skill levels" and one is specifically for beginners, go with the beginners course, as you need to crawl before you can walk. If they're both marketed towards beginners, take the longer course, as you're going to get either more classroom time and/or more range time, and you need a lot of both when you start out.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Both are 8 hour courses and are described in the same way. And I think both are more classroom. My neighbor suggested that while home I try and get used to it by unloaded it and loading , basic handling and pointing etc.. I use empty clips as I have several. Both need rounds put through as they are tight as all. The .380 the most. Wife wont be able to do anything if needed. We also dont keep one in the chamber. Either way I know we both need some range handling time and get comfortable. So many important things to consider. We have her dad in the house and situations can change in an instant. Was curious if these were decent prices?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_img_20150504_065159.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	26243
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_img_20150504_064943.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	26242

Paid $591 Glock including the handle grip, extra clips, tritium sights and adjusted trigger.
    Paid $395 Tarus .380
    Last edited by redls1; 05-04-2015 at 04:19 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information