2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Didn't someone do a write up on doing the claybar treatment
    If so I'd like to find it

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Didn't someone do a write up on doing the claybar treatment
    Here's a write up by Zaino....No credit by me. I just copied and paste'd...Hope it helps.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Before using a Z-18 ClayBar™ on your car, you must thoroughly clean and dry your car to remove any loose dirt. Direct sunlight should not fall on your car's surface, and it's best if the work area is relatively cool to prevent rapid evaporation of the clay lubricant. Do not risk scratching your car; if you drop your clay bar, throw it away!

To use Z-18 ClayBar™, you spray a water-based lubricant on a small area of your car and rub the bar back and forth with light to medium pressure. If the lubricant begins to dry, you'll need to spray more. Z-18 is fairly sticky, and cannot be used dry. If you try using it dry, you'll make a big mess. We suggest mixing one cap full of Z-7 Show Car Wash with water in a 16 ounce spray bottle. Z-6 also works as a lubricant for Z-18 ClayBar, but Z-7 Show Car Wash is much more cost effective.

After a few passes with the Z-18 ClayBar™, rub your hand over the area to feel if the surface contamination was removed. Keep rubbing until all contamination bumps are gone. Finally, wipe the clay residue off with a soft terrycloth towel, and buff to a nice luster. Just like polishing with Zaino Show Car Polish, work in small areas.

Check your Z-18 ClayBar frequently for hard particles. When found, pick them off. Make it a habit to occasionally knead and reform the bar so that a fresh portion of the bar contacts your car's paint. If you drop your bar of clay on the ground, it's history. Toss it out. Don't take any chances, discard the clay bar if it becomes impregnated with grit.

Do not overuse. A single bar will do 3-4 medium size cars with moderate contamination. If you are removing heavy overspray or rail dust, use the bar once and throw it away.

When you're finished claying your car, you should wash it with Z-7 Show Car Wash to remove the lubricant film. Finally, seal your freshly cleaned paint with your choice of Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes, Z-3 Show Car Polish for Non-clear Coated Paint, or Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Here's a write up by Zaino....No credit by me. I just copied and paste'd...Hope it helps.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Before using a Z-18 ClayBar™ on your car, you must thoroughly clean and dry your car to remove any loose dirt. Direct sunlight should not fall on your car's surface, and it's best if the work area is relatively cool to prevent rapid evaporation of the clay lubricant. Do not risk scratching your car; if you drop your clay bar, throw it away!

To use Z-18 ClayBar™, you spray a water-based lubricant on a small area of your car and rub the bar back and forth with light to medium pressure. If the lubricant begins to dry, you'll need to spray more. Z-18 is fairly sticky, and cannot be used dry. If you try using it dry, you'll make a big mess. We suggest mixing one cap full of Z-7 Show Car Wash with water in a 16 ounce spray bottle. Z-6 also works as a lubricant for Z-18 ClayBar, but Z-7 Show Car Wash is much more cost effective.

After a few passes with the Z-18 ClayBar™, rub your hand over the area to feel if the surface contamination was removed. Keep rubbing until all contamination bumps are gone. Finally, wipe the clay residue off with a soft terrycloth towel, and buff to a nice luster. Just like polishing with Zaino Show Car Polish, work in small areas.

Check your Z-18 ClayBar frequently for hard particles. When found, pick them off. Make it a habit to occasionally knead and reform the bar so that a fresh portion of the bar contacts your car's paint. If you drop your bar of clay on the ground, it's history. Toss it out. Don't take any chances, discard the clay bar if it becomes impregnated with grit.

Do not overuse. A single bar will do 3-4 medium size cars with moderate contamination. If you are removing heavy overspray or rail dust, use the bar once and throw it away.

When you're finished claying your car, you should wash it with Z-7 Show Car Wash to remove the lubricant film. Finally, seal your freshly cleaned paint with your choice of Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes, Z-3 Show Car Polish for Non-clear Coated Paint, or Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches.
    Good man, good man

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

So, are different brand clay bars used differently, or, are the steps pretty much the same for all brands?

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    So, are different brand clay bars used differently, or, are the steps pretty much the same for all brands?
    pretty much the same for all brands.......

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Thanks.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i just clay bard the wifes jeed this weekend and what a big improvement it made. befor i could set some thing on the hood and it would just sit. not it will slide right off. i found this site if you look at some of the vid's there is one about how to clay bar.
    http://www.autogeek.com/ag_CarCare.asp
    "The Camaro SS looks like it could kick your ass. The Trans Am WS6 looks like its on its way over to do it."

treat stressful situation like a dog. if you can't eat or hump it, then piss on it and walk away.

keep your foot in it,till you see god

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    i just clay bard the wifes jeed this weekend and what a big improvement it made. befor i could set some thing on the hood and it would just sit. not it will slide right off. i found this site if you look at some of the vid's there is one about how to clay bar.
    http://www.autogeek.com/ag_CarCare.asp
    Thanks for posting that. It was helpful. I've managed to find a few videos and was surprised to see just how easy this is. I thought it would take a lot more elbow grease for some reason.

So, I've ordered everything I need and hopefully will get some great results

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Thanks for posting that. It was helpful. I've managed to find a few videos and was surprised to see just how easy this is. I thought it would take a lot more elbow grease for some reason.

So, I've ordered everything I need and hopefully will get some great results
    What all did you order Dena?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I just got everything needed from the Meguiars site. I know you don't care much for Meguiars, Drew, but I tend to. I also ordered a few things to tackle my Probe which is really starting to oxidize.

I'd like to do this before I put the Manta kit on

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I just got everything needed from the Meguiars site. I know you don't care much for Meguiars, Drew, but I tend to. I also ordered a few things to tackle my Probe which is really starting to oxidize.

I'd like to do this before I put the Manta kit on
    I never said I don't like Meguiars. Where did you get that? They make decent products that I used for several years. I just prefer the results I've gotten from Zaino. I assume since you're ordering online, you're getting the NXT or Gold Class products?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I never said I don't like Meguiars. Where did you get that? They make decent products that I used for several years. I just prefer the results I've gotten from Zaino. I assume since you're ordering online, you're getting the NXT or Gold Class products?
    Sorry I guess it was just the scratchX you didn't like then

Yes, both NXT and Gold Class.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i used the Meguiars kit on the wifes jeep. it came with 2 clay bars there id spray, was (i didnt use that was i had there gold class past was i used), and a micro fiber towel.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Sorry I guess it was just the scratchX you didn't like then

Yes, both NXT and Gold Class.
    Exactly. To me, the best way to fix a scratch that's down to the primer, is to get that area repainted. I'm sure you'll get great results with those products.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

scratch x is definately not for scratches down to the primer- it is basically a filler type product (like zaino)

If you like Meguires(sp?) -Wal*Mart sells the clay bar kits they make and alot of other Megs products.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Thanks. Maybe I'm confusing that with another product that used to advertise fixing deep to the primer scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    scratch x is definately not for scratches down to the primer- it is basically a filler type product (like zaino)

If you like Meguires(sp?) -Wal*Mart sells the clay bar kits they make and alot of other Megs products.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Thanks. Maybe I'm confusing that with another product that used to advertise fixing deep to the primer scratches.
    No problem- IMO scratch x is a waste of time/$ even for light scratches.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I like Scratch-x. It's worked great for me. I don't have any deep scratches though. Apparently, the little scratches I get are from my car cover. No one else would probably notice them but me. Scratch-x works well for what I need.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

I like Scratch-x. It's worked great for me. I don't have any deep scratches though. Apparently, the little scratches I get are from my car cover. No one else would probably notice them but me. Scratch-x works well for what I need.
    +1 I use scratch-x in the three step process I use. Never used the Clay though I have no need for it.
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-26-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Do you have to wax after using clay bar? cause i wax the hell outta mine im surprised there is still paint on it haha let me know thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information