Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yea but 550hp and 590 trq vs 412hp and 390trq is a bit of a difference aswell. The 1SS msrps at just over 30,xxx.
    just saying that is a real car and a real price .. No its not 550HP ... but cant see any Chevy dealership selling a Z28 for anywhere near sticker .. remember the Challenger SRTs they went for twice the sticker for a while ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    just saying that is a real car and a real price .. No its not 550HP ... but cant see any Chevy dealership selling a Z28 for anywhere near sticker .. remember the Challenger SRTs they went for twice the sticker for a while ...
    And you think the 2011 gt wont have dealer mark up? It will be the same as the camaro SS, even the 1ss are going for close to 38k and they msrp at 30,500.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

And you think the 2011 gt wont have dealer mark up? It will be the same as the camaro SS, even the 1ss are going for close to 38k and they msrp at 30,500.
    I think if you go buy a car off the lot , yea mark up.. If you order one I dont think so .. I know we didnt at the place I worked because dealer gets a fee anyway .. and it dont take up lot space and you know its sold when it gets there .. and its good free advertising

Arctic White, red/gray

I think if you go buy a car off the lot , yea mark up.. If you order one I dont think so .. I know we didnt at the place I worked because dealer gets a fee anyway .. and it dont take up lot space and you know its sold when it gets there .. and its good free advertising
    So i just built a camaro 1ss manual and it cost 31,795.00. Im still not seeing your point since it was the same price as the mustang you priced. That is why the z28 would cost more, because gm already has a car with simular price. The z28 would be up against the gt500 which starts at 47kmsrp, which is why we said if they could msrp it for jsut under 40,000 it would be a steal.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

So i just built a camaro 1ss manual and it cost 31,795.00. Im still not seeing your point since it was the same price as the mustang you priced. That is why the z28 would cost more, because gm already has a car with simular price. The z28 would be up against the gt500 which starts at 47kmsrp, which is why we said if they could msrp it for jsut under 40,000 it would be a steal.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

was just saying about the 2011 that it didnt go up really any ... and for a car with a new engine that is very good ..

GT 500 dont really compare well to the Z28 because its a Shelby and that means WAYY[way] to much stuff you dont need in a car like that .. and of course there will be a Super Snake too ..

Arctic White, red/gray

was just saying about the 2011 that it didnt go up really any ... and for a car with a new engine that is very good ..

GT 500 dont really compare well to the Z28 because its a Shelby and that means WAYY[way] to much stuff you dont need in a car like that .. and of course there will be a Super Snake too ..
    Lol cause its built by shelby you dont count it? What stuff does the base gt500 have that you dont need? A live axel lol

2 cars, simular weight, drivetrain, power and price arent comparable i guess
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-15-2010 at 12:29 PM.

98' trans am

it is worth noting that the gt500 is built by SVT ..so it is truly not even a real shelby

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    it is worth noting that the gt500 is built by SVT ..so it is truly not even a real shelby
    True and you can build and order them off the ford website

Black
    98 Z28

I don't doubt you built one for that price, the question is what will the price be when YOU get to the lot. I've been shopping them locally and I have yet to see any SS for less than $39K. Can you build one have it shipped to the lot and save yourself $8-$9K? I kinda doubt it, maybe after this mustang hits the street you might get one for that price but not right now.

Will the mustangs be marked up? Perhaps, when I looked at the new mustang at the car show there were several salesman there and I asked that very question. They all said no but you can take that with a grain of salt you never know what those guys will do. My guess is if there is any it will probably be for the first few but even then I doubt it will be much. I'm sure they will want to get as many of these things on the street as possible. If they price them like they say they will they'll crush the competition and they know it. Hell they could mark it up 5 grand and still crush the competition.
    Last edited by Lethal Z; 04-15-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    I don't doubt you built one for that price, the question is what will the price be when YOU get to the lot. I've been shopping them locally and I have yet to see any SS for less than $39K. Can you build one have it shipped to the lot and save yourself $8-$9K? I kinda doubt it, maybe after this mustang hits the street you might get one for that price but not right now.

Will the mustangs be marked up? Perhaps, when I looked at the new mustang at the car show there were several salesman there and I asked that very question. They all said no but you can take that with a grain of salt you never know what those guys will do. My guess is if there is any it will probably be for the first few but even then I doubt it will be much. I'm sure they will want to get as many of these things on the street as possible. If they price them like they say they will they'll crush the competition and they know it. Hell they could mark it up 5 grand and still crush the competition.
    Good job on trusting sales men at a car show who have no idea or say as to what dealers are going to do. I suppose you trust everything our government tells us aswell LOL

98' trans am

the mustang will be priced up, as did the camaro and the challenger...it is simple ...while the need/want is high ..the dealers can mark up the car and people will still buy it..

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    if they could sell a 550hp camaro for under 40k retail they would sell like crazy. there's no reason why they couldn't do it other than silly marketing.
    Theres no reason why the Camaro SS should be $40K. You cetainly are'nt going to get another 125hp for the same money I don't care if its stripped down or not. Besides if you build a 550hp camaro for 40K who in there right mind is going to buy a 505hp Z06 for $75K. You'd only be 85hp away from your flagship ZR1 corvette. You ain't forkin over another $65K for 85hp. Its more than just silly marketing, they'd be back in bankrupcy.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

My mom bought a 2010 SS at $32k

the mustang will be priced up, as did the camaro and the challenger...it is simple ...while the need/want is high ..the dealers can mark up the car and people will still buy it..
    My dealer sold every Camaro at sticker... no mark up what so ever.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    98 Z28

Good job on trusting sales men at a car show who have no idea or say as to what dealers are going to do. I suppose you trust everything our government tells us aswell LOL
    I guess you missed the part where I said,"YOU CAN TAKE THAT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THOSE GUYS WILL DO."

Gotta read the whole post man, that way you don't sound like an idiot. LOL at yourself.
    Last edited by Lethal Z; 04-15-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Enough guys... If you're going to argue do one of 2 things: 1. Don't 2. Take it to PM's.

Back on topic or

Black
    98 Z28

Im sure there will be, but I seriously doubt that your gonna see a $40K dollar mustang GT. Could it happen? Sure it could like I said you never know what the dealer is gonna do. However, if I was a bet'in man I'd bet there gonna price it to undercut the competition. How far they go to undercut the competition is anybodys guess.

red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I WANT/NEED a corvette i drove a grandsport today... man o man it crushed my little camaro
    How do you guys get to test drive a new vette, im dieing to drive one but i know the dealer just wont hand over the keys. and its not like im just a teenager yankin their chain. i want to drive one

silver
    2002 ws6

Theres no reason why the Camaro SS should be $40K. You cetainly are'nt going to get another 125hp for the same money I don't care if its stripped down or not. Besides if you build a 550hp camaro for 40K who in there right mind is going to buy a 505hp Z06 for $75K. You'd only be 85hp away from your flagship ZR1 corvette. You ain't forkin over another $65K for 85hp. Its more than just silly marketing, they'd be back in bankrupcy.

a camaro ss isn't $40k. a 1ss is more around 31k so really there isn't technically a reason they couldn't make a cheaper optioned z\28 for around 40k.

a camaro with 85 less hp will still be nowhere near a zr1 or z06 due to weight. and i'm sure they're not worried about a supercharged camaro horning in on the zr1's sales. that's silly. totally different cars for totally different people. there's alot of people out there that will buy the best perfoming car out there for around 40k. guys who can afford a zr1 dont want to be seen driving a cheap ass camaro.

silver
    2002 ws6

Im sure there will be, but I seriously doubt that your gonna see a $40K dollar mustang GT. Could it happen? Sure it could like I said you never know what the dealer is gonna do. However, if I was a bet'in man I'd bet there gonna price it to undercut the competition. How far they go to undercut the competition is anybodys guess.

i thought if you spec out a mustang gt similar to a 2ss it was pretty close to 40k.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information