Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

I lied, just got the full exhaust installed last night! I went pacesetter ceramics, and ORY with magnaflow catback 2 3.5in tips. OMG sounds so incredible. I am jealous of myself because I can't drive it. HELP

Reasons:
    1. smoke coming from front of car, drivers side header. Do you think the header isn't flush?
    2. it feels as if a plug wire is not connected the way it's running. I am quite sure what I feel is a piston not firing. Any way to tell which one it is?
    3. My 02 sensors are not connected. Does this affect performance? I need to extend the wires.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

And oh yeah, the fitting is excellent, I mean excellent. Tucks up very well, passenger side header is low though, and I did scrape once in a very short ride, about 15 feet. Wow though, so worth it

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

smoke is from the kind of a wax on the headers and your finger prints burning off... and ya you need the o2 extensions and to delete the rear o2's to drive properly

NBM
    99 TA

I have Hooker LTs, they tuck like nothing else and my car is slammed too... you have to watch the Y-pipe, that is what you will scrape.

Like said before, avoid going straight over speed bumps and go into driveways almost paralell to them and you will be fine.

My city has the shittiest roads on the planet and i have yet to hit them on anything going down the road.

Another vote against SLP LT's... shops in my city wont even install them becuase they are such shit . SLP in general FTL

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    I lied, just got the full exhaust installed last night! I went pacesetter ceramics, and ORY with magnaflow catback 2 3.5in tips. OMG sounds so incredible. I am jealous of myself because I can't drive it. HELP

Reasons:
    1. smoke coming from front of car, drivers side header. Do you think the header isn't flush?
    2. it feels as if a plug wire is not connected the way it's running. I am quite sure what I feel is a piston not firing. Any way to tell which one it is?
    3. My 02 sensors are not connected. Does this affect performance? I need to extend the wires.
    A couple suggetions
    Make sure the header bolts are tight, sorry obvious but they are hard to get to so easy to not torque the back ones down enough. Did you get new gaskets from GM or reuse the oldies? Pacesetter gaskets suck and they can leak.

You could also check the wires at the coil packs, they can get out of alignment when you push them on easier than the ones to the plugs

Yes you must have front o2s in place to run your car - it cannot get the air/fuel mix right until you have them. You can run ok w/o the rears.

Good luck and enjoy your new headers

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

well well, header is snug, pretty sure my front 02 sensors are okay and still having a problem. Car seems like it is running possibly on one cylinder. when sitting and I rev the car up, it sounds alright. However, when moving it has no nuts at all and bogs. Thinking maybe a plug wire issue? I had a few previously. I mean it really has nothing to it. Any suggestions?

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Alright, I give up. Bringing it in to a shop I guess, I just can't figure it out.

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Hope they can straighten you out so you can see what those headers did for ya!
    Black 02 Trans Am WS6 M6 SLP Lid, Bassani Stainless Headers & Y-Pipe w/o Cats, Borla Exhaust, BMR-STB, LCAs & Reloc. Brackets, Panhard Bar, & SFCs, Eibach Pro-kit With Bilsteins, BF Goodrich G Force KDWs, Optima Yellow Top, 5% Tint, Blackouts, Clear Side Lights, H-7 Headlights much more to come!

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Wow. No O2s is definitely a performance problem. Checking all the wires to be sure they're seated 100% and make sure all the plugs are installed tight. Sounds like you have a misfire problem for sure. Also, reading the plugs would start to tell you where its missing.

Hopefully the shop you took it to straightened you out.

-Eagle

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Well, I put in high flow cats (State requirement) and front/rear 02's. Seems to be real fast. I can beat my buddies C5 that has an exhaust, so I'm thinking I'm all set. Unfortunately I was testing her out today...Needless to say a ticket was in my future. Not good. I have a lead foot when I'm out with the C5 and the 350Z...

Anyway, the headers had to be cut a tiny bit to fit the high flows, but worked pretty good. Tuck is decent, but hangs below my sfc's and definitely sparks over bumps. I'd say there's about 2 inches from ground to Cat. Sounds awesome!

Black
    2002 Firebird

I can attest to the low ground clearance on SLP headers. I had a set installed and need to be real careful going over speed bumps or I will rub.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Have QTP's on sportlines and never have scraped... But alot of it is avioding bad situations too....
    99 Camaro Z28-
    Colorado's Slowest 408 with a 150 shot
    95 Camaro Z28 LT1-
    LT4 Hot Cam Kit, Fuddle 3,800 Stall
    http://www.fquick.com/99Ls1fever

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I can't believe I just read that....

SLP on top.
    Kooks on the bottom.
    You pick.
    Click for full size
    OMFG..... wtf were they thinking??? Kooks FTW. Or anything for that matter.

(I think I just used the most Abbreviation's ever in one sentence)

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    OMFG..... wtf were they thinking??? Kooks FTW. Or anything for that matter.

(I think I just used the most Abbreviation's ever in one sentence)
    Well they look like that because they are "tuned", so all the runners are equal length. It may add a little bit, but not worth the crappy fitment or low ground clearance.

I find it especially ridiculous how the SLP's are showing surface rust in that picture, nothing like using the cheapest (409) stainless on $900 headers

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Equal length headers dont mean shit when there bent to fuck like that for one. On top of it, they are (were?) using shitty ass steel. SLP is constantly making such a great name for themselves.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

3rd grade welding project....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information