Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

red
    2002 z/28

this site rocks

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by crazy dave ls1 View Post
    yeah thats what really sucks is that this is my 6th fbody(my first 4th gen)and i cant imagine owning/driving anything but a fbody.they told me at rpm that the exhaust,tune and a couple of other things that i could expect 50+ rwhp.could i feel that in my assometer?
    Not sure how much I gained when I did the exhaust and tune since I did not bother getting a base line. However I did end up with 357 RWHP after it was all said and done. It is definatly something that you can feel

i'm still trying to decide whether or not to spend the 1000.00 on the 10 bolt or 1800.00 for the 9" whats am ewp?
    I would plan on the cost of a 9" being closer to 2500 but still spending 1000 on a 10 bolt is just a waste of money, no matter what you do to it you are still left with a 10 bolt and it is a crap shoot with how much power it can withstand. This is even more true with a six speed. The only reason I would tell you to not worry about upgrading the rear is if you do not plan on trying to launch the car hard (aka just drive the car normal on the street).

red
    2002 z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    Not sure how much I gained when I did the exhaust and tune since I did not bother getting a base line. However I did end up with 357 RWHP after it was all said and done. It is definatly something that you can feel

I would plan on the cost of a 9" being closer to 2500 but still spending 1000 on a 10 bolt is just a waste of money, no matter what you do to it you are still left with a 10 bolt and it is a crap shoot with how much power it can withstand. This is even more true with a six speed. The only reason I would tell you to not worry about upgrading the rear is if you do not plan on trying to launch the car hard (aka just drive the car normal on the street).
    if i do that then whats the point. my wife already doesnt like to ride with me the hotchkis swaybars made it corner like its on rails.after the exhaust and tune itll probally be a year before i can do do anything else.

red
    2002 z/28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    installing an EWP, U/D pulley and 42# injectors. then gettin the car retuned. im hoping for 460rwhp...

might be really close to maxing out what i can do with this little 224 i have...
    would the under drive pulleys be good for a dd?i've got alot of stereo equipment including 2 batteries so i'm not sure about slowing the alt down.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

would the under drive pulleys be good for a dd?i've got alot of stereo equipment including 2 batteries so i'm not sure about slowing the alt down.
    I personally have decided against getting one since my car is a DD as well. It is not so much for the alt that I am concerned, but I don't want the water pump slowing down when I am stuck in summer traffic.

red
    2002 z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    I personally have decided against getting one since my car is a DD as well. It is not so much for the alt that I am concerned, but I don't want the water pump slowing down when I am stuck in summer traffic.
    another good point

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

crazy dave, i would not recommend just an underdrive pulley for you. chances are you would probably want to look into the set which is the underdrive pulley and alternator pulley. however having both a big stereo and being an A4, personally i wouldnt do it for the reason Botts has said...

if you have the time, i will be up at RPM next friday around 10am with my car. if you have nothing better to do, stop on by for a bit...

red
    2002 z/28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    crazy dave, i would not recommend just an underdrive pulley for you. chances are you would probably want to look into the set which is the underdrive pulley and alternator pulley. however having both a big stereo and being an A4, personally i wouldnt do it for the reason Botts has said...

if you have the time, i will be up at RPM next friday around 10am with my car. if you have nothing better to do, stop on by for a bit...
    thanks for the invite unfortunately i have to work.i usually take sunday and wed. off.i may try to sneak out though

red
    2002 z/28

what ya think?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information