Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Actually, looks like things got kind of stupid.
    Yeah you could say that...

I was about ready to suggest why not just cut the roof off and unbolt the doors, don't need that stuff anyway, hahahaa!!! Then you could call it a jeep.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-10-2014 at 04:47 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I will probably leave our car about where it is at. I just need to up the power to go faster rather than go on a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I will probably leave our car about where it is at. I just need to up the power to go faster rather than go on a diet.
    I hear ya. When it comes to these cars I don't mind the K-members and other tastefull weight saving ideas, but when it comes to the creature comforts, seats, jack, I just prefer to keep them. Especially since these cars serve us as drivers. These types of cars are too nice to go down the path of total butchery, unless you start with a basket case of course. If I wanted to do that I'd definately look for a roller to start with.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I am removed my AC for weight savings that and I never use it and it clears up the engine bay. I am removing my ABS due to one of my ABS sensors is broken and I feel deleting the system is more of a benefit since it is unnecessary as I have never used it or needed with the car never driving in conditions that would need it. I may possibly remove power steering as well to clear up the engine bay and the weight savings are another benefit.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

White
    2002 WS6

Power steering? Never thought of that. I know some of you may hate this but my car is just for track use I intend on gutting the whole sha bang a bang.
    10secWS6 If you can't swing it, then don't bring it

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have no problem at all with that -- it's your car. I enjoy both street and track driving ours, so it will always be a compromise on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzel View Post
    Power steering? Never thought of that. I know some of you may hate this but my car is just for track use I intend on gutting the whole sha bang a bang.
    Nothing wrong with that. The fact that you can differentiate the 2 and know when it's time to be a dedicated track car is what makes all the difference.

What cracks me up are the fully functional street cars running around with all the creature comforts like AC and power everything, but then don't have spare tires, (not a smart idea) or you peek inside and the backseat is gone, haha, or they have removed the comfy power seats and replaced them with cheap fiberglass seats like you would find in my sandrail, lol, and it just looks completely out of place. Almost as if the car is trying to be something it's not. Then watch the car run mid 13's

Has anyone been to the track and see a pit area that looks like a swap meet? I've watched cars pull in and then watch the owners proceed to rip out every inch of interior, leaving a pile of seats and carpet laying in the pits. I just laugh my ass off.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-11-2014 at 04:52 AM.

White
    2002 WS6

Lmao I have seen that once. Didn't think much about it till now. Has anyone gone to the extent of trimming the doors sheet metal?

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Dzel View Post
    Has anyone gone to the extent of trimming the doors sheet metal?

Mmmmm.... IS there any sheetmetal?

Yes, there is bracing in there for side impact that GM started putting in doors in about 1970 or so. Some people do go to the extent of cutting that stuff out. Not sure how easy that would be however since we are talking about a fiberglass outer shell for a door. I'd bet that steel bracing is bonded to the outer skin.

In an all steel door it's pretty easy to do.

White
    2002 WS6

I see I was talking with a bud and he asked me what "too light"would be. I honestly do not know?...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Mine is a street and track car so I'll be retaining a lot of things except those that I don't need or use. I will probably remove my airbags as well at some point. I will probably switch to a manual rack rather than just removing the PS though.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 03-11-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information