Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by killerinparadise View Post
    I am also guilty of this, I like the feeling of seeing everything around me zoom by at 140+. When I do top speed runs though it's generally about 2-3 a.m. on a Sunday to Monday morning little to no traffic on a 3 or 4 lane interstate, except on one occasion Prom night '01 when i was 16 or 17 my dad let me drive his mustang gt, me and some buddy's where goofing around in our cars and I let them get a head a little bit then passed them hitting around 140 in 5th, "WOW, that was incredible!" I thought, then as I start to slow down I see red and blue blinking lights behind me, GULP, I thought my heart was beating fast before, now it feels like a jackhammers pounding through my chest, so I proceeded to downshift into 4 and mash the pedal as hard as i can into the floor hitting 150-152 for about 5-10 miles, he had shut down his lights after 30 seconds of them being on, but I wanted to make sure I got away, the girlfriend was really pissed about the whole thing though, got to the after party 30 minutes ahead of my friends, who got stuck behind the state trooper that i screamed past
    know the feeling running from da law....whew...and getting away..well not the second time lol

brown/blue
    84 Z28/98 Z28

video of my buddy's 99 Z28. I' never come close but just got my 98 a month ago.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...0mph-38sec.flv
    Check out this video!

If you are having problems viewing this email, copy and paste the following into your browser:
    http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...0mph-38sec.flv

your link no good. can't find the video dude.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by killerinparadise View Post
    I am also guilty of this, I like the feeling of seeing everything around me zoom by at 140+. When I do top speed runs though it's generally about 2-3 a.m. on a Sunday to Monday morning little to no traffic on a 3 or 4 lane interstate, except on one occasion Prom night '01 when i was 16 or 17 my dad let me drive his mustang gt, me and some buddy's where goofing around in our cars and I let them get a head a little bit then passed them hitting around 140 in 5th, "WOW, that was incredible!" I thought, then as I start to slow down I see red and blue blinking lights behind me, GULP, I thought my heart was beating fast before, now it feels like a jackhammers pounding through my chest, so I proceeded to downshift into 4 and mash the pedal as hard as i can into the floor hitting 150-152 for about 5-10 miles, he had shut down his lights after 30 seconds of them being on, but I wanted to make sure I got away, the girlfriend was really pissed about the whole thing though, got to the after party 30 minutes ahead of my friends, who got stuck behind the state trooper that i screamed past
    See, that' the awesome thing about living in Germany. Perfectly legal to go fast (when there's no speedlimit, of course...). 150 two days ago, more than 130 on a regular basis. But it gets old pretty quick, so my cruising speed is usually around 100 to 110 mph (on cruise controle, lol).
    I actually like the US situation with the 70 mph speed limit, cause it evens out the traffic flow. Over here, driving is really hectic with people driving between 50 and 150 or more on the same road, people are getting scared of changing lanes and the like... Would miss going fast from time to time though...

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Talking

By the way: Got pulled over in florida 2 years ago, 20 over on a city entrance. Cop let me go, cause I was German... "You guys are not used to speed limits." (Quote)

Navy Blue Pearl
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Camarocarsten View Post
    @fedge

It is false what you had said!Here in Germany is it not dangerous to drive on German highway (Autobahn).Come to Germany and I will show you that!The normal speed here is, when it is legal to go the speed what I want, 100 to 120 mph. What I go, 150 mph over a long time, is very rare and I drive it only when the highway is not full of cars!A high different speed between cars is dangerous!We in Germany must pass other cars only on the left side and when it enough room for driving we must go to the right side of the road.You in US so I know, can pass other cars left and right, so this is dangerous to.In Germany drive the most cars on the right side so you can go higher speed on the left side and all the other drivers know that!What is the normal speed of your highways in US?

Carsten
    So far so well, but the most time the fucking Mercedes and BMW driver give you the left lane free. Somtime i wish i have a Bazooka to blow them away
    Were do you live in germany?? I am from Cologne

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

I hit 160 in my 99 trans am. Completely stock!!

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by jwindbigler View Post
    I hit 160 in my 99 trans am. Completely stock!!
    That would be the official topspeed that's in my german papers for the Z28. OEM topspeedlimiter threshold also. But they're supposed to go 175+ with no limiter! So don't stop trying!!!

I am doing 402 LS2 forged stroker block swap, so I guess my top speed would go way up 190-200mi?

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

CRAZY!!! ...and fun...

chameleon
    98 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Am I the only guy that hauls ass all the time? Im going like 130 every chance I get....
    you guys see my post a few weeks ago 0-130 its still on anything goes somewhere! that was in less than a mile like someone said do the math if my car can run 112 in a quarter you should top it out within the next quarter mile there is only one gear left. (automatic trans) we run the the toll way and when we leave the toll booth trac the mph by the time you get to the end of the barricade wall.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    That would be the official topspeed that's in my german papers for the Z28. OEM topspeedlimiter threshold also. But they're supposed to go 175+ with no limiter! So don't stop trying!!!
    Oh I know. I did hit the limiter and I though that I broke something. Since then I have added nearly 120HP and 120TQ to it. It will do 140 with no problem. I have removed all of those nasty governors, and moved the RPM up to 7000. Elimated that pesky skip shift. I hated that thing. And put in 3.73 gears. She should be able to do nearly 190mph now....tires permitting.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Oh I know. I did hit the limiter and I though that I broke something. Since then I have added nearly 120HP and 120TQ to it. It will do 140 with no problem. I have removed all of those nasty governors, and moved the RPM up to 7000. Elimated that pesky skip shift. I hated that thing. And put in 3.73 gears. She should be able to do nearly 190mph now....tires permitting.
    I still have my 2.73 rear end, cos I like low revs when I go fast and I don't drag race (it's not so popular over here). Got a 3" catback, K+N filter and HPP, although it's more for the tranny adjusting and such.. Plan to get a lid, too. Otherwise my car's pretty much stock.
    I'm running V tires now, but I'll get faster ones in spring (and a little wider, 255 or 265). Then we'll see...

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Talking

My best was on I-69 in Michigan, nailed 148 in my '93 Z before I came up on some traffic and had to drop to 1/2 that fast. Great time, want another chance at that adrenaline rush!

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    get a roll cage on that stock SS...
    Why? At least without one he will only hurt someone once.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    I still have my 2.73 rear end, cos I like low revs when I go fast and I don't drag race (it's not so popular over here). Got a 3" catback, K+N filter and HPP, although it's more for the tranny adjusting and such.. Plan to get a lid, too. Otherwise my car's pretty much stock.
    I'm running V tires now, but I'll get faster ones in spring (and a little wider, 255 or 265). Then we'll see...

I have the 6 speed, and when I put in the 3.73 gears, I noticed only about a 300RPM change when I was at 75mph. Plus I got up there a lot quicker. But its all up to you man.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Am I the only guy that hauls ass all the time? Im going like 130 every chance I get....
    Yeah I like going that fast. I hit someone doing 130. Thats not fun. Keep it in the day, and on a long flat road man.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby97SS View Post
    Why? At least without one he will only hurt someone once.
    thats a great point....i put a cancel on my roll cage order

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

I have the 6 speed, and when I put in the 3.73 gears, I noticed only about a 300RPM change when I was at 75mph. Plus I got up there a lot quicker. But its all up to you man.
    Just 300 rpm? I thought it would have been more... Well, since I just got'em redone I'll stick to them for now. Also, it's a different thing here, I go 100 mph over long distances. And gas mileage is really an issue here!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah, I bet. The government taxes the shit out of it, doesn't it? Prices have been falling here the last few weeks, some places are selling 87 octane for $1.899. My Marathon around the corner (and Shell) sell their 93 octane for $2.259 currently. How much is gas in Germany? I get 26.5-27.5 MPG at 75 MPH cruise, what is your MPG when cruising 110-120? 21?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information