Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ws.666 vs s2000

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

The beautiful thing about the S (IMO) is there isn't one in every garage. They are built by hand, not on an assembly line. Engine tolerances are to the thousandth, and internals are forged from the factory.

There are numerous S2000s in the 11s. Slapping on a Novi 1000 and a 50 shot accomplishes that on stock drivetrain and internals. The clutch isn't going to last long like that...but it will do it.

There are many that are in the 10s, and even a few I've seen information on that are breaking into the 9s in street trim.

It was never intended to be a drag machine, but the powerplant is capable of producing results at the strip.

It's a platform that hasn't had 40 years of aftermarket parts and shadetree mechanics developing powermakers for it - and there's only a handful about.

For a 2.0L 4 banger, it's impressive.

As far as being slow stock, sure it's slow stock, it's not a Z06 With that in mind though it's numbers aren't off much, if at all, from a stock 00 Camaro, which GM would tell you IS built for the dragstrip.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Umm...not really. They are slow stock, so unless they're pushing some serious boost (which would require forged internals and a lower comp ratio) they aren't anything to worry about. There's probably only a few S2000's in the country that have actually hit 12's, they are roadsters, not drag cars.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

I only paid 17 for mine. Granted - it's an 00 - and on that note...I recall the SS convertible camaros back in 00/01 being around $30,000 or so. You can get one of those now for what...10, 11 ?

Now take that foot out of your mouth, and do a little reading next time before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    and for 34 grand they suck dick, thats what they cost!!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yes my man

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Wow, I dunno what is, but I even wanna race this kid now...

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Let them all have it honda boy. I respect you for coming on this board and not talking alot of shit like alot of guys here.

If your happy with your car great. You know what your car can do that's all that matters. Go have the race and then go out with them for a beer. Racing is all about fun and making friends not puting everyone down that don't have the same car as you.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Now there's someone who gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Let them all have it honda boy. I respect you for coming on this board and not talking alot of shit like alot of guys here.

If your happy with your car great. You know what your car can do that's all that matters. Go have the race and then go out with them for a beer. Racing is all about fun and making friends not puting everyone down that don't have the same car as you.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Stock S is easily 13.9 with a perfect launch - consistently.

IRS isn't a bad thing. It's not the most desireable setup for the strip, granted.

GM apparently agrees, might look under the back of a Z06 sometime.

Ford caught onto that too. Ever look under an 03/04 Cobra ?

A properly designed IRS isn't going to hinder your 1/4 mile performance enough when countered with the substantial improvement in handling.

As far as most drivers having trouble getting it to nail those times - you are correct there. It's an art form massaging the car down the track. It's far from the "stab it and steer" mentality.

Pathetic lack of power? Well, from an N/A 2 liter, it makes enough power to get down the track as fast as a stock 00 LS1 'Maro. Add the weight of a convertible to that LS1 - and it's probably faster. You don't miss low end torque when the engines kicking your adrenaline in with 9k shifts.

How do you figure?? There's no way an intake, header, and exhaust is going to cut a full second from his 1/4 mile times.

Not to mention low 14's is the best they can run. Considering the cars pathetic lack of any low end power, combined with IRS, most driver's won't come close to low 14's.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by s2knky View Post

IRS isn't a bad thing. It's not the most desireable setup for the strip, granted.

A properly designed IRS isn't going to hinder your 1/4 mile performance enough when countered with the substantial improvement in handling.

As far as most drivers having trouble getting it to nail those times - you are correct there. It's an art form massaging the car down the track. It's far from the "stab it and steer" mentality.

Pathetic lack of power? Well, from an N/A 2 liter, it makes enough power to get down the track as fast as a stock 00 LS1 'Maro. Add the weight of a convertible to that LS1 - and it's probably faster. You don't miss low end torque when the engines kicking your adrenaline in with 9k shifts.
    IRS is known for wheel hop...which is a bad thing.

Yes vettes have IRS and that's also why stock for stock they usually dyno less then a f-bod.

A popular mod for the 03/04 cobras is a solid rear swap...believe it or not

I've never seen a stock s2000 trap 100+...which even a poorly driven stock ls1 can do. I'm sure with a great driver the sk is capable of 100+ traps but put that same driver behind a ls1 and again they're not comparable in a straight line. I really don't like to bench race so i'm going to end it there.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

There are numerous S2000s in the 11s. Slapping on a Novi 1000 and a 50 shot accomplishes that on stock drivetrain and internals. The clutch isn't going to last long like that...but it will do it.
    http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...0_honda_s2000/

Probably a crap tune but this sk has the novi blower you're talking about and is only running a 13.9...but it's also pink so who knows what else is wrong with the car

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Yeah, I'm running better than that N/A. Anyone can stick a blower on a motor. It's all about the fuel and ignition tuning.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

I'd always heard about problems with wheel hop and IRS - and even with no weight, I've never had a problem with it.

The cobra guys that swap over to solid rear axle, are all about drag. I don't see the IRS as a bad thing on those, they're plenty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    IRS is known for wheel hop...which is a bad thing.

Yes vettes have IRS and that's also why stock for stock they usually dyno less then a f-bod.

A popular mod for the 03/04 cobras is a solid rear swap...believe it or not

I've never seen a stock s2000 trap 100+...which even a poorly driven stock ls1 can do. I'm sure with a great driver the sk is capable of 100+ traps but put that same driver behind a ls1 and again they're not comparable in a straight line. I really don't like to bench race so i'm going to end it there.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yea, too bad you admitted yourself that the car is next to impossible to launch well. Therefore running a 13.9 is highly unlikely for anyone but mag testers.

We're taking about drag racing - in which case IRS is a disadvantage, in more ways than one. Increased weight, wheel hops, and more prone to breakage - not a good thing when drag racing.

The Corvette has always had IRS, its a great system designed for both drag racing and road racing. Its not some 2 year old Honda setup that was designed without straight line racing in mind, whatsoever.

Yep - and its been nothing but problems. So many problems in fact, that many owners convert to a solid axle setup from a GT or Mach 1. The Cobra setup weighs a lot more than a solid axle, and its prone to breaking halfshafts under a hard launch. I'd take a solid axle over that anyday.

You must be misinformed my riceboy friend - a stock '00 Camaro would blow the doors off of your car at the strip, auto or M6. In fact, even ne with crappy 2.73 gears would waste an S2000. They run low 13's stock, thats a full second faster. Not to mention a stock LS1 traps about 10MPH faster than a stock S2K - and thats a huge difference.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

update TSS...?

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

External Modifications : Comptech supercharger
    system with Paxton Novi
    1000, Ractive chrome tip
    exhaust (non functional)

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    External Modifications : Comptech supercharger
    system with Paxton Novi
    1000, Ractive chrome tip
    exhaust (non functional)

Seriously dude...I have read through your last 100 posts, and you have not contributed to a single conversation besides lame puns and comments...Shut up and go back to off-topic where you belong.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

why dont you just shut the fuck up, what have i started with you?

you are the ass hole here, because you just started shit in a well established thread, its alright tho because you are a fuckin noob anyways

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

HAHA...Alright dude comments like honduh power and the 3 other pointless post you made didn't shit on the thread??? I'm done, but seriously I know people agree with me... and the noob comment cuts deep...LOL Get a life.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Stock camaro LS1s run low 13s stock? I see an awful lot of them just barely cutting under 14. Given - driver experience is alot of it, but I've been around the strip for 10 years now. I'd give them 13.7s consistently at best - in stock trim.

Exclusively in the category of strength for dragstrip type launches, a solid rear axle would be beneficial on high torque motors. It's also an achilles heel if you ever want to actually take the car out and drive it. My little 220whp "honduh" had no trouble today leaving a following pair of 350+ whp Mustangs through a fine array of twisties. I didn't even have to downshift to pull out of visibility.

I don't think the C1 vettes had IRS - but otherwise you're correct there. I hadn't realized that they'd been employing that technology so long. The few C3's I've been under have some crazy flipped rear leaf spring. Kinda looked like a cheap way out of doing a real coil setup.

Living in Kentucky, the Vette museum is only a couple hours a way. It's an impressive display if you're ever in that neck of the woods.

Enough of the riceboy comments also. My car sees the track and the dyno, not the sticker shop and the pep boys parking lot.

Yea, too bad you admitted yourself that the car is next to impossible to launch well. Therefore running a 13.9 is highly unlikely for anyone but mag testers.

We're taking about drag racing - in which case IRS is a disadvantage, in more ways than one. Increased weight, wheel hops, and more prone to breakage - not a good thing when drag racing.

The Corvette has always had IRS, its a great system designed for both drag racing and road racing. Its not some 2 year old Honda setup that was designed without straight line racing in mind, whatsoever.

Yep - and its been nothing but problems. So many problems in fact, that many owners convert to a solid axle setup from a GT or Mach 1. The Cobra setup weighs a lot more than a solid axle, and its prone to breaking halfshafts under a hard launch. I'd take a solid axle over that anyday.

You must be misinformed my riceboy friend - a stock '00 Camaro would blow the doors off of your car at the strip, auto or M6. In fact, even ne with crappy 2.73 gears would waste an S2000. They run low 13's stock, thats a full second faster. Not to mention a stock LS1 traps about 10MPH faster than a stock S2K - and thats a huge difference.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

wesman take a chill pill damn..he's no rice boy..and for a 2 litter they put up good numbers plain and simple..civics are rice..s2000 aren't
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    wesman take a chill pill damn..he's no rice boy..and for a 2 litter they put up good numbers plain and simple..civics are rice..s2000 aren't
    Umm..sorry but I disagree. I'd consider any Jap car with a buzzy, no torque 4 banger "rice". S2000 included. He's a ricer, plain and simple - he claims LS1s run 14's - yea okay , maybe in ricerland, the same place where S2K's run 13s...please

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information