Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

white/Viper blue
    01 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Your going to keep dumping money into it. And by the time you spend all that money on the turbo, your going to be sitting at the same speed as a stock ls1.
    When is the last time you smoked a GN? 3.8 turbos are nasty rides.

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

Im not talking about a grand national, plus a gn is alittle different of a car than the v6 camaro... No doubt I like v6 cars or even 4 bangers i was just trying to say whats worth the money..

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

And actualy a stock gn and a stock ls1 camaro are rated about the same in the 1/4. Thus proving my point.

I dont understand this argument or the point of a v6 camaro. Imagine if they produced a v6 corvette! What a joke!

Maroon
    2000 Camaro

It won't be suprised that fuel costs will kill these cars off in the near future anyway. I also think you can go so far as to say whats the practical purpose of a camaro or vette anyway. Practically speaking they're useless except for fun. So in that mind set we should all own a truck of some sort for utility and an econo S***T box for day to day transportation. Becuase whats the point of your car?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

useless????? maybe in alaska ...gets me where i need to go and i can put a TON of shit in the hatchback with the rear seat down .....u prolly have lots of dirt rds and what not up there which makes it useless.....not the case most places

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by robK View Post
    I dont understand this argument or the point of a v6 camaro. Imagine if they produced a v6 corvette! What a joke!
    Guess what... THEY DID! the first vettes were 6 cylindars.

nice one

Once again i made this thread to find out some fellow v6 times. Everyone has their own opinion on whats worth it or not so theres no point in arguing about it.

Black
    2002 Firebird Coupe V6

6 is the way to go, mmk my personal opinion

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6spd

Just to chime in for the LT1 times mentioned above.

I ran 13.9 the one time I got mine to the track a couple months after I bought it.

95 T/A M6. 3.42 gears/K&N FIPK/Magnaflow Catback

Maroon
    2000 Camaro

Sorry I was misunderstood. My post was sarcasim directed toward RobK. And there are very few dirt roads up here where I am. And it's driven daily except in the winter due to the amount of snow we get here.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 270weatherby View Post
    Sorry I was misunderstood. My post was sarcasim directed toward RobK. And there are very few dirt roads up here where I am. And it's driven daily except in the winter due to the amount of snow we get here.
    ahh gotcha..im sry ..and yeah ive heard in the winter up there most roads arnt cleared therefore needing a snowmobile to get around...is this true? say that major road that goes up to fairbanks..they dont clear the snow off it????? sounds rediculous

Maroon
    2000 Camaro

They typically won't plow the roads until we get 6". So by the time they do there's usually about an inch or two of ice built up. Basiclly we drive on an ice rink up here. Up on the North slope they actually spray water on the dirt roads for the Semi's to get around on. Winter stinks because there's only 4 hrs of daylight & it's 6 month's long. Typically starts snowing in Nov. & melts off by mid May.

Midnight blue metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Thumbs up

Keep up the good work, v6'ers! Don't let anyone bash your ride. It is what it is. At least you're driving an f-body instead of some foreign FWD disposable tin can econo-box, so take pride in that, post up those times, and let's see what you've got!
    Last edited by PushroD; 04-08-2007 at 09:55 PM.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    Yeah, and that's damned impressive. Fast is relative, how would you feel if my 100 shot ++++ 3.8 took down your bolt-on LS1?

Fact of the matter is that some people like to mod v6 cars because it's slightly more exclusive, more difficult and more fun than modding a v8 that everybody and their dog knows is already bad ass from the factory. Personally, I don't want a 10-sec car. I want something unique that I built up myself through my own ingenuity and that's far more important than beating other cars; sure it's fun to do but if that's the only reason you mod then maybe you just think a little bit differently than I do.
    Yeah when i was 16 I had a 3.4 camaro, parents wouldn't let me buy a z28 (my own money mind you) I thought as you did......Now the 3.8 has much more potential granted, but you are still modding the 2nd best motor avail from the factory. The best thing you could possible do, and I say this from personal experience, is to get rid of the v6 with as small of a loss as possible and then take your money to a credit union explain you situation and get a loan for the extra few thousand.

2000pontiac6
    Yeah but insurance on an 8 sucks. they would have wanted 3300 from me

CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    Yeah when i was 16 I had a 3.4 camaro, parents wouldn't let me buy a z28 (my own money mind you) I thought as you did......Now the 3.8 has much more potential granted, but you are still modding the 2nd best motor avail from the factory. The best thing you could possible do, and I say this from personal experience, is to get rid of the v6 with as small of a loss as possible and then take your money to a credit union explain you situation and get a loan for the extra few thousand.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Is that like a look of admiration, or are you just happy to see me sweety?
    Seriously though I hadn't thought of insurance, you could always swap an ls or lt in there but thats a pita i hear. Are there any people who are going low 13's high 12's in the 6' cyl fbod's? GL modding the 3.8!

2000pontiac6
    Seriously though I hadn't thought of insurance, you could always swap an ls or lt in there but thats a pita i hear. Are there any people who are going low 13's high 12's in the 6' cyl fbod's? GL modding the 3.8!
    Actually theres someone on a v6 forum i go to that is running mid 13s on cam only. Low 12s with nitrous.

What sucks about swaping out the engine is if you were to crash the car or get hit... i wonder if the insurance company will cover you with a swapped out engine when they thought u had a v6

CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

The rolleyes smiley does look stupid on this board, now that you mention it.

But no, it wasn't admiration at all. In every V6 section on every web forum on the net, there's a post from a guy like you. "I owned _______ V6 car, so i know what i'm talking about. Best idea for you all is to go get ________ V8 Car!" It's drawn out and idiotic, frankly.

To answer your question, yes there are more than a few V6-ers running both low 13s and high 12s. I'll even do you one better. There are a couple guys running low 12s and a couple more knocking on mid 11s. My car, with a completely stock internal motor with a turbo, ran a best of 12.3 @ 114, in a 3000ft DA. I've had a turbo on my car for 3 years, and with 10lbs of boost picked up 148 rwhp. Adding 7.5 more lbs of boost and methanol injection, i picked up another 100rwhp. I've since upped the boost to almost 20psi, and have yet to make it to the dyno. I've never even had the valve covers off of my engine, and it doesn't even have so much as a small oil leak. The more i up the boost, the more it loves it.

These cars have alot more potential than the average "best idea is to just get a V8" parrot even knows about.

One more thing though. The total cost of the mods i have in the car just recently passed what it would have cost to buy a stock LS1 when i picked up this car. So that pretty much throws out the "well, for all the money you put into that thing, think of how fast an LS1 would take you" argument that usually comes up in these threads as well. I'd rather have a V6 knocking on 11s, with the same setup having the potential to take me even farther, than have spent the same amount of money just so i could tell everyone i have a V8 stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Your going to keep dumping money into it. And by the time you spend all that money on the turbo, your going to be sitting at the same speed as a stock ls1.
    read the above post. Specifically the last paragraph. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 04-12-2007 at 09:22 AM.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

So what are you so upset about? If you like to mod the 6 go for, it but damn calm the heck down I wasn't shitting on you I simply stated the TRUTH. The cheapest easiest way to go fast in an f-bod it to buy one with an 8 or sawp an 8 in, if you disagree with that you are just lying to yourself man.

I mean wow knocing on elevens, dude that is just the tip of the iceberg in an lsx powered car! And if I'm not mistaken you are posting on ls1.com correct so what exactly would you expect to hear?
    This is my last post in here so you can call me a dumbass or whatever makes you feel better, but at the end of the day remember:
    You are modding an engine with probably 30% of the potential of an ls1 factory vs factory.
    Last edited by stevegrizzle; 04-12-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Thread Information