Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

if there out of buisness i wouldnt buy one of there kits used... seems like it would be someone hard to get tech help and parts?!? y are they out of buisness to begin with!!!

so anyways im on the waiting lsit for a aps kit... but its not looking liek im gonna have the loot when my kit will be availible... f 'in lay off... anyone got there on and driving it yet?? anyone hear anything good of 1badls1 in flint michigan?? its lookin liek spring time and after i sell my gsxr 1000 before i get the twin turbo itch...

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

Maybe you should do some searches for incon to see why they are out of business. The incon kit is almost identical to the aps kit, the incon kit just came first. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you, but I will say that the incon kit is a proven kit, and is perfect for a daily driver. Mine has been past 15 PSI many times and several incon powered cars have been in the 9's. there is no tech support.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

theres tech support with aps im quite sure the guy was very prompt in returnign my email with questions... im sure he could provide me with tech support once i installed my kit as well...

maybe instead of me researching incon and there downfall you could enlighten me?........

White
    98 Trans AM

Alright, another little update. It is still the 408 with 4" down pipes into a single Borg Warner S400 series turbo. Apparently this turbo uses an extended tip compressor wheel making it push more.? At least that is what I was told. The A/C will get to stay which is nice. We are also looking into possibly doing an air to water intercooler as well. This is another new version apparently that is not as bad for a driven car as some of the originals. So again, I do wish to thank ALL who are offering up as the title said "Real world turbo" help.
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Transam388 View Post
    Alright, another little update. It is still the 408 with 4" down pipes into a single Borg Warner S400 series turbo. Apparently this turbo uses an extended tip compressor wheel making it push more.? At least that is what I was told. The A/C will get to stay which is nice. We are also looking into possibly doing an air to water intercooler as well. This is another new version apparently that is not as bad for a driven car as some of the originals. So again, I do wish to thank ALL who are offering up as the title said "Real world turbo" help.

The 76GTS is TOO SMALL for a big inch motor. I have that turbo. It's a t4 flange and you NEED a T6, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. With backpressure on the stock motor I peak out in the low 6Ks HP-wise. Your motor would be out of breath by 4800-5K and unable to build what would seem to be a reasonable level of boost. My buddy mightymouse has a stock-inch LS2 and the PTE88 which is a t4 flanged 88mm and he has problems with backpressure on his TTi race kit up high (over 6ishK). The 76GTS is a match made in heaven for a stock inch forged LS1. I made like 590rwhp on an ealry pull with a 10.0 AFR at 10psi. I run it on the street at 16psi on meth and it is LOVE

Good luck with the build and remember, T6.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    The 76GTS is TOO SMALL for a big inch motor. I have that turbo. It's a t4 flange and you NEED a T6, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. With backpressure on the stock motor I peak out in the low 6Ks HP-wise. Your motor would be out of breath by 4800-5K and unable to build what would seem to be a reasonable level of boost. My buddy mightymouse has a stock-inch LS2 and the PTE88 which is a t4 flanged 88mm and he has problems with backpressure on his TTi race kit up high (over 6ishK). The 76GTS is a match made in heaven for a stock inch forged LS1. I made like 590rwhp on an ealry pull with a 10.0 AFR at 10psi. I run it on the street at 16psi on meth and it is LOVE

Good luck with the build and remember, T6.
    A 76mm can support 1100hp.....how the heck can it be too small for a big inch motor? I ran one on mine and it made 720rwhp on 18lbs of boost. Sure, if you have the room get an 88mm. It's just efficiency and the ability to get a little more HP out of the 88.....plus.....a turbo doesn't run out of air...you are thinking of a S/C. Mine keeps pulling until I let out of the gas......Ones best bet is to call Harry at Precision Turbo.....he can explain it better than anyone here.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

in turbo applications, the end power always goes down at the end of the rpm range. for almost all cars as a matter of fact. That turbo fits that engine fine, it is not to small, and it does not lose breath.
    Show me a turbo application on a ls1 that does not drop power in the end..........

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    A 76mm can support 1100hp.....how the heck can it be too small for a big inch motor? I ran one on mine and it made 720rwhp on 18lbs of boost. Sure, if you have the room get an 88mm. It's just efficiency and the ability to get a little more HP out of the 88.....plus.....a turbo doesn't run out of air...you are thinking of a S/C. Mine keeps pulling until I let out of the gas......Ones best bet is to call Harry at Precision Turbo.....he can explain it better than anyone here.
    Sure the compressor side can support 1100 if the thing lands in a good spot on the map. There are no maps for the 76GTS, but there are maps for other 76mms turbos, and more than stock cubes quickly moves off of the island. The turbo doesn't run out of air, I'm not thinking of a S/C, the backpressure gets so high that it becomes restrictive to a point that ruins effeciency. Rear mount guys have always been able to run smaller turbo's with bigger cubes to a slightly higher degree, look at all of the various rear mount vs. front mount guys on tech. You can put that 76 on a 383 or 402, but it's a mismatch. For a 383 or larger front mount you NEED a t6 housing. Kyle Farley's 370's was too much for a gt42 (76mm compressor with a BIG t6 backside) and picked up a ton of HP and tq at the same boost levels moving to a 88mm t6. Like I said before, MM says backpressure is a problem for him with his 88mm t4 (pte88) and he runs a 36x" forged ls2 bottom end. These are real world results.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Sure the compressor side can support 1100 if the thing lands in a good spot on the map. There are no maps for the 76GTS, but there are maps for other 76mms turbos, and more than stock cubes quickly moves off of the island. The turbo doesn't run out of air, I'm not thinking of a S/C, the backpressure gets so high that it becomes restrictive to a point that ruins effeciency. Rear mount guys have always been able to run smaller turbo's with bigger cubes to a slightly higher degree, look at all of the various rear mount vs. front mount guys on tech. You can put that 76 on a 383 or 402, but it's a mismatch. For a 383 or larger front mount you NEED a t6 housing. Kyle Farley's 370's was too much for a gt42 (76mm compressor with a BIG t6 backside) and picked up a ton of HP and tq at the same boost levels moving to a 88mm t6. Like I said before, MM says backpressure is a problem for him with his 88mm t4 (pte88) and he runs a 36x" forged ls2 bottom end. These are real world results.
    And like I said. Talk to Harry at Precision Turbo. He's been doing it longer than most of you have been alive and I think he's got a little more handle on it that MM. He can certainly explain it better than I can. But, basically you have to look at A/R and the efficiency. When it gets down to it the flang is the least of your worries.......
    Last edited by cailey37; 09-24-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Pewter
    1999 Z28 M6

http://www.ls1speed.com/turbo.cfm

Definately take a look at this place... These guys know how to do it right!
    I am about to start piecing together a single turbo setup for my '99 Z28, and their single setup is exactly what I had in mind..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information