Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bdub2145 View Post
    i seem to remember someone saying something about the tranny cooler in the radiator a few weeks ago .. the fill bolt on the trans is at the end of the snout by the inner cv of the passenger side.
    Thanks for posting that!.. My knowlege/experiance of J-body is limited, I had to dig to find the dipstick/cap info.. The 4t45e and 40e's are a cavalier type trans. I'm mostly versed in w-body and x-vin iron block engines and thier trannies.. Since I can't use them I let the knowlege lag a bit... I stopped using the orange coolant in my 01 years ago and went back to plain old green.. Only to find later the damage was done..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-27-2010 at 09:08 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I do know however that they are a "sealed" unit designed to go 100k "maintainance free".. But........ Dexron III is/was used, and some have said that Dexron VI or VII was used and is said to double the percieved maintainance mileage/longevity..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Chevy Silverado 4x4

yeah but the dealers can say these systems don't need service for so many miles but we all know thats a bunch of bull . if you really want to take care of your ride and anything that takes fluid it should still be changed once in awhile . i think you will agree . but anyway thats off the topic . well good luck with the coolant issue and if you find that the cooler is broke then i would flush the coolant again after it has been fixed and put green in it instead of the orange crap.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

yeah but the dealers can say these systems don't need service for so many miles but we all know thats a bunch of bull . if you really want to take care of your ride and anything that takes fluid it should still be changed once in awhile . i think you will agree . but anyway thats off the topic . well good luck with the coolant issue and if you find that the cooler is broke then i would flush the coolant again after it has been fixed and put green in it instead of the orange crap.
    Agree! Those trannies are barely rated for holding much over the engines stock crank hp. I can't see them being maintainance free for that long.. Notice also they won't dare put a 660 to a 5spd getrag f23.. The twin cam 2.4 could rearange their internals pretty good a 660 would likely destroy it even tho it will bolt to it..

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    wife got the coolant system flushed...she says it still gets warm if she lets it sit.....so im still gonna do the thermostat this weekend....but i got off work and looked at the coolant....its still red...now i dont know if the shop used that red/orange coolant, or how well they flushed the system.....so i guess i get to call the shop in the morning and see what they did do....i can tell it was flushed cuz its not the consistency of syrup, but still feels "oily" but then antifreeze kinda feels a little oily too.....haha im lost
    found out they used normal greenish/yellow coolant. so its something red (tranny fluid) mixing

White
    2008 Chevy Silverado 4x4

it has to be in the radiator trans cooler then . thats the only place it could mix. replace the radiator

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

it has to be in the radiator trans cooler then . thats the only place it could mix. replace the radiator
    yea that was the plan...getting a new radiator, and thermostat, and a new tranny filter all at once. replacing the rad, and changing thermostat(while im in there) and then gonna take car to get coolant system flushed again, along with a new tranny filter installed, and a fluid flush in the tranny also

Thread Information