• built something else

27 87.10%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 500 rwhp

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    wait..so you believe it ?
    lol yeah, i KNOW the guy. you retard. i dont have a reason to lie. wtf for?im not tryin to impress any one. anyway idc, lol this is you -->

346 LS1 cam/full bolt on, full exhaust. go slap yourself
    Last edited by SHovV; 08-19-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by SHovV View Post
    lol yeah, i KNOW the guy. you retard. i dont have a reason to lie. wtf for?im not tryin to impress any one. anyway idc, lol this is you -->

No reason to start with the name calling, most would turn that back on you.

Plenty of people have full bolt ons/heads/cam/FAST/364ci. Im not doubting that your buddy got 502 HP on some Way inflated EgoJet. The thing is, that dyno was very happy and numbers those numbers are not right.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

simmer down slappy..if you want to think a full bolt on 346 with a cam got 502 to the floor ..that is fine... what does he run in the 1/4 ?

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    No reason to start with the name calling, most would turn that back on you.

Plenty of people have full bolt ons/heads/cam/FAST/364ci. Im not doubting that your buddy got 502 HP on some Way inflated EgoJet. The thing is, that dyno was very happy and numbers those numbers are not right.
    Agreed!!!

Numbers don't mean SH!t anyways. I had better track times (by over 2/10 in the 1/8 mile) when I was 436/383 than guys that had 470/420 and 460/413. (all same mods-just different heads) Dyno's make a fool of anyone willing to believe in them. Starting out H/C dyno'd 420/390 at one shop, took it to another shop and was only at 387/354. Ended up with 436/383 after FAST 90/90 and new tune. The inflated guys both had theres at the first shop I went to.

Inflated dyno numbers are like having a huge dick that can't get hard....USELESS!!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

If hitting big numbers is your thing, stay away from Mustang Dyno's. DynoJets is your kind of racing

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

i agree #'s aren't anything. anger management went 9's with way less than 500RWHP. ON A 346ci NA. its all about the combination and tuning. but the OP said he had a goal. 500rwhp NA 346ci is possible, but my friend has a m6, he is goin thru a 4spd. so i doubt HE could it with a 4spd NA. and i believe @ full weight he went mid-low 11's shiftin like my grandma 1st time out

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    If hitting big numbers is your thing, stay away from Mustang Dyno's. DynoJets is your kind of racing
    The DJ that I primarily tune on reads about the same as the local MDs. I think I told you what you'd make on my dyno based on your trap speed, and it may even be lower than you got on that MD. I have seen a boltons F-body make almost 400 on a MD that had the software setup incorrectly for the car. The dynojet software cannot be monkied with.

SHovV
    If the 500rwhp N/A car with the PRC truck heads (ha!) isn't on an inflated dyno, it should trap at LEAST 127MPH. 430-440 rwhp N/A at full weight through an M6 on the dynojet I tune on nets locals 122-123 MPH. I'm quite sure if he is near stock weight though that it traps nowhere near the high 120s... but hey, he has 500hp

Quote Originally Posted by SHovV
    i agree #'s aren't anything. anger management went 9's with way less than 500RWHP. ON A 346ci NA.
    Wrong. Try again.

its all about the combination and tuning.
    Exactly. But no matter who tunes it, PRC's 5.3L heads and ANY one of their cams will not make 500rwhp on any dyno that's anywhere near accurate. Those heads and similar bolt-ons are EVERYWHERE. Most know what they are, and are NOT capable of - except you!

and i believe @ full weight he went mid-low 11's shiftin like my grandma 1st time out
    Really? So this 500rwhp 346 has actually been down the strip? If it hasn't seen AT LEAST 127-128 like Frost said, well that shows the dyno numbers are complete BS. I've gone 124 at 3700lbs with only 420 to the wheels.

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

i agree #'s aren't anything. anger management went 9's with way less than 500RWHP. ON A 346ci NA.its all about the combination and tuning. but the OP said he had a goal. 500rwhp NA 346ci is possible, but my friend has a m6, he is goin thru a 4spd. so i doubt HE could it with a 4spd NA. and i believe @ full weight he went mid-low 11's shiftin like my grandma 1st time out
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    Wrong. Try again.
    read the gmhtp article may '09

read the gmhtp article may '09
    I rolled my eyes when I originally saw that article. Never even bothered to read it since I heard about it some time before. Think about it... 138MPH traps with 467rwhp at 3200lbs!? Everything about that from the vehicle weight, to mod disclosure, and measured power is bogus.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Some people are just more gullible than others. Some find out the hard way that 9s and even 10s aren't as easy as some people try to make them sound. If people want to think is all they need to get into the 10s is just a cam, well more power to them. And good luck in their endeavor. Something tells me they will join a long list of people who decide to just hook up a bottle and call it NA. Whatever floats their boat.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    Some people are just more gullible than others. Some find out the hard way that 9s and even 10s aren't as easy as some people try to make them sound. If people want to think is all they need to get into the 10s is just a cam, well more power to them. And good luck in their endeavor. Something tells me they will join a long list of people who decide to just hook up a bottle and call it NA. Whatever floats their boat.

good thing my friend Bill has wheelie bars! if he didn't he would have ripped the bumper off of his bolt on T/A last weekend.....he bolted on heads, cam and bolt two bottles onto the hatch floor with a two stage 350 shot lol

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

I rolled my eyes when I originally saw that article. Never even bothered to read it since I heard about it some time before. Think about it... 138MPH traps with 467rwhp at 3200lbs!? Everything about that from the vehicle weight, to mod disclosure, and measured power is bogus.
    listen to the power shifting

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2vj5swh&s=4

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

yep, and if you watch another video on the third site, the twin turbo only runs .002 faster @9.95 and 1 MPH faster @139 MPH.

Yep, easy pickens for a mid 400 HP vette N/A (no nitrous, no boost)to be door to door in the 1/4 with a twin turbo vette. Highly likely.

And so what is this guy doing wrong that he has H/C/I good for about mid 400s on his C5 ZO6 and a 175 shot and only gets a 9.93 @145 MPH. Driver mod and he should be easy 8s, right?

Something just doesn't add up.
    Call me hater or call me what you will, but I believe last time I checked, I live in the real world.

One running 138 mph and the other running 145 mph yet still running the same or nearly the same ET's could be a number of factors.

Aside from track and weather conditions,,,the biggest being the 60 foot times. It's obvious the 145 mph car didn't come out very well, spun the tires for a good 10-15 feet then hooked and bogged the motor down. However the MPH is there so the HP difference is obvious. But the 138 mph car covers the first 60 feet better.

I don't see the problem here, watching the video's are pretty self explainatory

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

The problem is, do we seriously think that is only 467 RWHP doing that all about itself or is there a little assistance.

you know what, I give up. People will believe what they want, just don't come crying on threads when you try to run low 10 seconds or better with similar setups and you barely break into 11s.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sscharged View Post
    procharger!!!!! i run mid 12's spinning the to 3rd gear ....funnn
    A Procharger and mid 12's? You must be doing nothing but spinning. Get some tracking and plant that power to the ground!

Hell, I would never spend that kind of money just to make the tires spin, you can make them spin all day with stock power lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I don't see the problem here, watching the video's are pretty self explainatory
    The Z06 in question according to the owner, picked up 33mph on the back 1/8! And the best part about that... he claims it's a 346ci naturally aspirated engine Go find another car that picks up that much top end and tell me what you find

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    The problem is, do we seriously think that is only 467 RWHP doing that all about itself or is there a little assistance.
    Does it really matter?? Dynos say all kinds of things and people are even worse. What really matters is the car can put up a good number and it's on video, no disputing that. It's not as easy as people make it out to be. I'm getting close to just the 10 second bracket with one of my street cars, and I couldn't be happier with the way it's turned out. So my hats off to the guy.

The Z06 in question according to the owner, picked up 33mph on the back 1/8! And the best part about that... he claims it's a 346ci naturally aspirated engine Go find another car that picks up that much top end and tell me what you find
    I didn't see any of that info you mentioned, nor a timeslip that broke the run down. I thought there was a problem with 2 different cars with vastly different MPH's that ran the same ET.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information