Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    well since i have the on car adjustable, cant i just pull it back forward that way?
    Oops, I forgot they were on car adjustable... yes you can

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

wait...now that i think about it...i had to shorten the arm....which means the axle came forward...

but yeah, the drivers side seems fine, but the drivers side is NOISY...i think its allowing something else to bang around, like, hitting my over-the-axle exhaust or something

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

exhaust over the axle has plenty of clearance, but the panhard is REALLY close to the axle....moving the axle back should take care of that...i guess we will find out tomorrow.

but a quick question...does the suspension need to be loaded to adjust the LCAs? its be much easier for me if i could lift it by the body

exhaust over the axle has plenty of clearance, but the panhard is REALLY close to the axle....moving the axle back should take care of that...i guess we will find out tomorrow.

but a quick question...does the suspension need to be loaded to adjust the LCAs? its be much easier for me if i could lift it by the body
    It does not need to be loaded to adjust the control arms, just make sure it is loaded when you tighten control arm bolts or panhard bar bolts. Make sure all the jam nuts are tight and check them often to keep them tight. When you tighten the jam nuts use a crescent wrench and hold the rod end so it doesn't turn with the jam nut... you want the rod end straight up and down.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Hey Ryan I should be ready to get sway bars around the 1st of Dec if you're are planning another sale date. That way it's just in time for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Hey Ryan I should be ready to get sway bars around the 1st of Dec if you're are planning another sale date. That way it's just in time for Christmas
    There will be sale over Thanksgiving Weekend and into Cyber Monday... that is the time to buy

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

took it all apart, moved the axle back about an 1/8th, lined it all up and re-torqued everything back down, no more banging...

did I mention I love these things, lol

I hoped they'd help my wheel hop, but they removed it all together, and the car doesn't get nearly as sideways when I step on it. Ill trade that for a little more road noise.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
    There will be sale over Thanksgiving Weekend and into Cyber Monday... that is the time to buy
    Hmmm. Sway bars are one of the few suspension components I don't have. Guessing I'd probably need the relocation mounting brackets also for the larger sway bars since I'm running a 9"?

took it all apart, moved the axle back about an 1/8th, lined it all up and re-torqued everything back down, no more banging...

did I mention I love these things, lol

I hoped they'd help my wheel hop, but they removed it all together, and the car doesn't get nearly as sideways when I step on it. Ill trade that for a little more road noise.
    Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Hmmm. Sway bars are one of the few suspension components I don't have. Guessing I'd probably need the relocation mounting brackets also for the larger sway bars since I'm running a 9"?
    Does your 9" have mounts for a sway bar now and is your stock sway bar working?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
    Good to hear

Does your 9" have mounts for a sway bar now and is your stock sway bar working?
    I didn't get the different sway bar mounts with it. I am running the stock sway bar, but it comes VERY close to the pumpkin.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I didn't get the different sway bar mounts with it. I am running the stock sway bar, but it comes VERY close to the pumpkin.
    That is one of the main benefits of the sway bar installation kit is to adjust the rear sway bar for proper clearance. I hope that helps, Ryan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information