Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

here's my TT setup..

2 X T3/T4 TURBO CHARGERS .50 A/R COMPRESSOR -
    .63 A/R TURBINE - 57 COMPRESSOR WHEEL TRIM.

2X WASTE GATE SET AT 7-8 PSI
    1X RS TYPE BLOW OFF VALVE.
    2 X BOOST CONTROLLERS.
    2 X OIL RESTRICTOR.
    TURBO PIPING / INTERCOOLER PIPING - 6061 ALUMINUM -2.5 INCH DIAMETER PIPE.
    HIGH FLOW INTERCOOLER - SIZE : 28" X 8" X 2.5" WITH 2.5' INCH INLET/OUTLET.

Red
    98 Trans Am

yeah i think the T3 inlet is the problem. Im gonna work with it for now until later where a T4 turbo would do better justice.

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

Been watching your build, it sounds pretty close to what I wanted to do. My direction has changed a little based on what I have been able to whip together. I am going with twin turbos. Two Precision GT67R turbos DBB and water cooled with Tial 38 mm wastegates and Tial 50mm blow off valve and a three inch Y pipe. I still want to run a separate dedicated oil and coolant system for the turbos. Maybe a two stage oil pump, tank and cooler from a short track car. I will need a second electric water pump reservoir, cooler and fan for the coolant. It would be much easier to plumb into the engine oil and coolant but just seems it would be getting direct heat from the engine to the turbos. I also have a meth/water cooler to aid the inter-cooler. I also want to run a votex tube with air ride compressor to add cold air. If I use an old NOS system from a bike but will use CO2 gas to quick spool the intake side of the turbo. I do have extra stuff from a couple of years gathering. I think I might have a used T4 and a T3 and small intercoolers. Let me know if there is anything you need. I am also interested in what other ideas you might have for cooling or lube. I wish I had your welding skills. My exhaust is crap steel not stainless. That will have to be another upgrade later.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    And its here!! my first turbo
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Its a cheapy but it seems alright. I played with the shaft and it didnt move anywhere other then spinning.
    Its a T70 with a .84 AR. I believe its a T4 with a 4" compressor inlet with a 2.5" outlet and a 3" Vband turbine outlet. Seems like a good start.
    i love turbos, but not more than the supercharger..
    i been thinking on getting a twin turbo for my ss, so this thread is giving an idea of what i want..

sorry if missed it, but where did you buy this turbo from?
    price?
    if you could PM the info if dont wanna post it here..thanks bro

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    i love turbos, but not more than the supercharger..
    i been thinking on getting a twin turbo for my ss, so this thread is giving an idea of what i want..

sorry if missed it, but where did you buy this turbo from?
    price?
    if you could PM the info if dont wanna post it here..thanks bro
    its just a ebay cheapy. nothing fancy. I mistakenly thought i was getting a T4 but got the T3/T4 type housing. Its still a decent sized turbo to start with. Bigger then the STS base turbos from my understanding.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

its just a ebay cheapy. nothing fancy. I mistakenly thought i was getting a T4 but got the T3/T4 type housing. Its still a decent sized turbo to start with. Bigger then the STS base turbos from my understanding.
    thanks for the info..
    i been looking at those turbos from ebay.. i wanna get one or maybe too.. but i dont know what else i need to make it work..

when are u gonna put it on?

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by parnelligq View Post
    Been watching your build, it sounds pretty close to what I wanted to do. My direction has changed a little based on what I have been able to whip together. I am going with twin turbos. Two Precision GT67R turbos DBB and water cooled with Tial 38 mm wastegates and Tial 50mm blow off valve and a three inch Y pipe. I still want to run a separate dedicated oil and coolant system for the turbos. Maybe a two stage oil pump, tank and cooler from a short track car. I will need a second electric water pump reservoir, cooler and fan for the coolant. It would be much easier to plumb into the engine oil and coolant but just seems it would be getting direct heat from the engine to the turbos. I also have a meth/water cooler to aid the inter-cooler. I also want to run a votex tube with air ride compressor to add cold air. If I use an old NOS system from a bike but will use CO2 gas to quick spool the intake side of the turbo. I do have extra stuff from a couple of years gathering. I think I might have a used T4 and a T3 and small intercoolers. Let me know if there is anything you need. I am also interested in what other ideas you might have for cooling or lube. I wish I had your welding skills. My exhaust is crap steel not stainless. That will have to be another upgrade later.
    I thought abuot twins but the exhaust fabing would be a nigtmare and would put my car down far longer then im comfortable with. Its my DD so my projects try to stay within a day or two max. WIsh i could find a beater again to use as my DD.

The cold side on a rear mount is alittle more straight forward with fewer bends, just more material. Im gonna use aluminum tubing on my and weld were i can use as few couplers as possible. Yes i said weld aluminum tubes lol
    right now im still gathering stuff. I found a metal shop here in germany finally so i might be able to get tubing for alot cheaper then buying online.
    So far from what ive somwhat halfassed determined lol
    I need
    -Aluminum 2.5" dia
    2 U-tubes
    6 45degree tubes
    10 90degee tubes
    about 10ft in straight tube

fab work should be fun.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Alright, alittle help here.

Im trying to get pipes, couplers and clamps togethers.
    With 2.5" aluminum piping, 2.5" couplers with 2.75" Tbolt clamps should do right?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Alright, alittle help here.

Im trying to get pipes, couplers and clamps togethers.
    With 2.5" aluminum piping, 2.5" couplers with 2.75" Tbolt clamps should do right?
    Ebay carries aluminum pipe and coupling kits pretty cheap. I have two (2.5") of their kits for my setup they are fine..

However the clamps supplied are not the best.. Everything else is good..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-16-2011 at 11:35 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Ebay carries aluminum pipe and coupling kits pretty cheap. I have two (2.5") of their kits for my setup they are fine..

These are charge pipes..

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post

ok cool, so thats all good then. im slowly gathering up my charge piping. Im just gonna have to weld the aluminum straights myself since i cant find anyone that sells it in 2 long sections of 4'. No biggy. get to practice my aluminum welding again lol

Now to fueling since that will be the make or break me item.

Im dead set on 60# injectors, trying to find motrons that arnt supper espensive. that or Seimes (which i think i the same?) no bigger. not copromising on the injector sizing.

Now for the 255 "walbro" pumps. I keep coming across this one on ebay that just comes with the pump and whatnot but then i really think i should go with the racetronics one that has the hot wire and everything else. Would upgrading JUST the pump be bad or could i "make due" since im only aiming for 450-500ish HP?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

ok cool, so thats all good then. im slowly gathering up my charge piping. Im just gonna have to weld the aluminum straights myself since i cant find anyone that sells it in 2 long sections of 4'. No biggy. get to practice my aluminum welding again lol

Now to fueling since that will be the make or break me item.

Im dead set on 60# injectors, trying to find motrons that arnt supper espensive. that or Seimes (which i think i the same?) no bigger. not copromising on the injector sizing.

Now for the 255 "walbro" pumps. I keep coming across this one on ebay that just comes with the pump and whatnot but then i really think i should go with the racetronics one that has the hot wire and everything else. Would upgrading JUST the pump be bad or could i "make due" since im only aiming for 450-500ish HP?
    I don't know much of anything about the walbro pumps. But you'll definetly need more fuel moving than the stock pump can provide. I'm going external OBX but I've never used them before so can't comment on quality.. ALso using an Sx racing adjustable regulator, and fast 50 lb quad spray injectors.. But I'm a v6 and 50's are really all I need for my goals.
    Here's a link to the OBX external.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-P...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-22-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

I like OBX (love there headers ) but for that price i might as well get the racetronics Fuel pump with hotwire kit and boost a pump access.
    NOw my other question is (since you brought it up lol) do i need a fuel regulator since im going FI or is that controlled by the PCM?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I like OBX (love there headers ) but for that price i might as well get the racetronics Fuel pump with hotwire kit and boost a pump access.
    NOw my other question is (since you brought it up lol) do i need a fuel regulator since im going FI or is that controlled by the PCM?
    I dont know about your engines needs but i defintly needed one. mine is a mechanical and adjustable. no wires.
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-22-2011 at 02:27 PM.

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

What is the gauge (thickness) of the 2.5" tubing you are using? Is the 2.5", I.D. or O.D.?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by parnelligq View Post
    What is the gauge (thickness) of the 2.5" tubing you are using? Is the 2.5", I.D. or O.D.?
    Don't know I never measured it..

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

OP - You do not need a BAP with that Racetronix fuel pump as long as you get the hot wire kit.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    OP - You do not need a BAP with that Racetronix fuel pump as long as you get the hot wire kit.
    Roger that lol one less thing to get. I do like the racetronic pump. It looks so much more complete compared to other walbro style pumps. I also noticed that they sell two levels now. A basic and a performance.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It's a nice set-up!

Red
    98 Trans Am

I just seen this tasty bit on Facebook via STS. Holy crap is all i got to say. Now i want that lol

Freakn BA i think!
    Wish i could see the whole intake and exhaust plumping for that one. THe Intercooler is MASSIVE as well. Its almost literally the size of the whole front bumper, just crazy. I like crazy lol
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 06-23-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information