Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My new toy

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Thanks. I called a few days ago and the laser grip still wasn't in. Makes me wonder if they even ordered it that day. I will call again when I get home. It shouldn't take a week and a half to come in IMO.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Local municipality I represent is going to sell their Glock Model 23 .357, including the light/laser combo that goes with it. Basically in new condition, around 4-5 years old, and probably has less than 100 rounds through it. Any idea on what it'd be worth?

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Local municipality I represent is going to sell their Glock Model 23 .357, including the light/laser combo that goes with it. Basically in new condition, around 4-5 years old, and probably has less than 100 rounds through it. Any idea on what it'd be worth?
    I'll give 50$ for it, sight unseen. Tell them it's a good deal.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

New retail is $550 for the gun. Lasers range depending on what you get and brand. I saw some like you describe for around $200.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Thanks, Jon. That gives me a starting point.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I called today and my CTC laser grip hadn't even been ordered. Wtf. I will be expecting at least a box of free ammo for my inconvenience. Should be in next week...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I wouldnt even bother. Get my money back and find a new dealer, there are plenty out there who will work as fast as possible for your business.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

He gave me free targets and some great discounts the day I was there. He will make it right. There was about 20 people in the small store that day with multiple transactions happening. He kept apologizing over the phone. I will be asking for something in return. Should be here in a few days. I will post pics when I do receive it.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

You could probably could have just ordered it off line and got it cheaper and faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I got a 20% discount on it so probably not, considering it was already on sale without the discount.

I haven't had time to even go to the range, so the delay really isn't that big of a deal to me. I do like to have things I pay for though

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    I carry a. 357 sig but in a sig p250 love that round. And as for ammo i figured if the round travels that fast who needs hollow points!!

Ummm not to bust your bubble, but it doesn't matter the velocity of the round if it doesn't cause enough damage. Penetration is awesome but the mushroom effect of a hollow point is what causes all the damage that lays a subject down. Now when talking about velocity, I wouldn't be worried about hollow points if I was using a .50 cal cause that's what we call a pink mist on impact just saying not to bust your bubble or anything but yes a 357 is an amazing round!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Anyone else using the Crimson Trace Laser Grip? Just wondering what battery life is on the laser itself?

I see it came with an allan wrench for adjustments. Right now it looks like the laser is low and to the right just by using the open sights. Hopefully I will be able to get to the range in the next couple of weeks again. Picked up some more ammo, along with some hollow points.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

I had a older model on a xd and lasted a long time but the xd one looked a little bigger

blue
    1999 TransAm

...looks kinda chunky w/ the laser grip on there, ...not sure i'd like the way it disturbs the gripping of the gun...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It doesn't feel bad, at all. It takes a minute to remove and replace the pin. Guess I'll see once I shoot a hundred or so rounds through it with it on.

red
    95 Z28

I've always thought the laser grips were kind of uselessly bulky. They might be fun if you're at the range, but I dont think they would come in handy if you ever had to use the weapon for self defense. In alot of situations you're shooting so quickly you're not even picking up your sights, and when you do have time, your training should take you right to your sights. I'm not sure I'd even be looking for the red dot. Good solid gun though, you should enjoy it.

My next gun might be a glock .40.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I've always thought the laser grips were kind of uselessly bulky. They might be fun if you're at the range, but I dont think they would come in handy if you ever had to use the weapon for self defense. In alot of situations you're shooting so quickly you're not even picking up your sights, and when you do have time, your training should take you right to your sights. I'm not sure I'd even be looking for the red dot. Good solid gun though, you should enjoy it.
    I would have to disagree with this. Coming from someone who has done quite a bit of shooting with pistols with lasers on them I really think they are great for fast paced situations. Lasers give you the ability to point and shoot with both eyes open accurately. I also do not usually bring the gun up quite as high as I do when using the sights this means the gun is not blocking my view in anyway and with both eyes open I can see a much bigger area and still be accurate. I have shot bullseyes from 10 yards away bring the gun up fast and firing while it is level with my upper chest, below my chin.

Not having time to pick up the sights is exactly the kind of situation a laser sight is good for. That is much more accurate than firing a gun without a laser sight without having time to use the sights.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-18-2012 at 08:16 AM.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I would have to disagree with this. Coming from someone who has done quite a bit of shooting with pistols with lasers on them I really think they are great for fast paced situations. Lasers give you the ability to point and shoot with both eyes open accurately. I also do not usually bring the gun up quite as high as I do when using the sights this means the gun is not blocking my view in anyway and with both eyes open I can see a much bigger area and still be accurate. I have shot bullseyes from 10 yards away bring the gun up fast and firing while it is level with my upper chest, below my chin.

Not having time to pick up the sights is exactly the kind of situation a laser sight is good for. That is much more accurate than firing a gun without a laser sight without having time to use the sights.

Have you ever done any formal firearms training? And I dont mean just a group of people going to the range. I mean law enforcement or military training, tactical weapons training, etc. Anybody can shoot holes in paper and do it well with practice. The situation changes significantly when your target is shooting back at you. The best shooters in the world have horrible hit percentages in those situations. I dont see many agencies that train people to use lasers in shooting situations.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information