Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Metallic Blue
    01 Camaro SS

Not when you have an SS

I first had a 2000 v6 firebird, then I wanted an LS1 and got a 2000 Trans AM and kept the v6. So now I have both. I use the v6 as a DD and the trans am on the weekends. But I love em both and I wouldn't get rid of either one.

Black
    1998 Formula

I had a 3.4 L V6 Bird, the slowest 4th Gen V6. Eventhough it was a V6 and slow, i put a lot of my paychecks into it and enjoyed my time with that car. When I saw my car on Cars.Com, I couldnt pass it up and decided to get rid of the six. I have no sympathy however for the V6 crowd getting picked on by ppl with V8's. The only reason for that is when I had my V6, The 3.8 ppl would say how there 3.8's were sooo much better than 3.4's. I guess its all part of the car food chain. It never ends.

green
    95 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by SexyAssFormula View Post
    The 3.8 ppl would say how there 3.8's were sooo much better than 3.4's. I guess its all part of the car food chain. It never ends.
    yea, unfortunately i agree with you. some people enjoy calling out slower cars to make them feel better about their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFrosty View Post
    Not when you have an SS
    the body is the same dipshit, just not the hood or spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    wow dude chill...we are all chevy fans and im sure we all like horsepower so cant we all just get along no but seriously you have a v8 so why are you yelling at him ?
    i do agree with you on this post but i would have to say that were all GM fans and not chevy personally i hate it when people say chevy chevy chevy when its not its GM

cameo white
    1976 Trans Am 455/4spd

I've stumbled across this post while searching around for V6 fbody info. After reading the post and analyzing it, I decided to join your forum and share my opinion.

Yes, its obvious that the V8 will have gobs of power over a V6 but when will people understand that not all of us go driving around looking to race, acting all boy racer. I dont mean to imply this to all V8 owners, just to the owners who dont care to open their minds.

I am the second owner of a unrestored original 1976 Trans Am 455/4spd. My father was the original. Its definately not one of the quickest or fastest Trans Ams produced, especially with the low compression 455, but have I done any motor work, no. Do I plan on modding it, no. I love the car for what it is. I dont care if one of the Ls1 boyz could blow my doors off.

Is it the power that makes you love the car? Or it it the car itself? If a v8 owner wouldnt buy a v6 f-body because of its "lack of power" what does that say? Would any car with power be good for you? And please dont mention the brand loyalty BS, ford sux, dodge sux, etc. Cause I'm sure some of you have thought about the 02 and 03 (correct?) supercharged cobras at some point.

Lt1 owners, just because a newer more powerful LS1 comes out do you trade your lt1 in?

Does the name Grand National or '89 Aniversary ring any bells? Not V8s of course, but go ahead and try feed the line that "sixers suck, need F.I. to keep up with real men".

But if we all only cared about speed we would all go out and buy clapped out 5.0 mustangs right? Since its so cheap to build them...
    Last edited by jerry caesar; 07-18-2006 at 05:08 PM.

green
    95 firebird

Good first post, and welcome! Now get yourself registered with ls1.com pronto.

I guess I should just start walking up to couples and telling them that they should leave each other and find mates that are more to my tastes.
    ROFL...hi Im new and that was hilarious..btw I dont own a an fbody period...just a monte z34..she flies j/k

Mystic Teal
    98' Formula

Quote Originally Posted by jerry caesar View Post
    Lt1 owners, just because a newer more powerful LS1 comes out do you trade your lt1 in?

Does the name Grand National or '89 Aniversary ring any bells? Not V8s of course, but go ahead and try feed the line that "sixers suck, need F.I. to keep up with real men".

I don't have a problem with any V6 models , everyone don't need to drive the same thing (IE: V8's), but to answer a few of your questions....

Yes you sell the LT1 and get a LS1 if you can financially do it ..... Same reason you sell your 04' GTO for an 05' or newer.

And my 89' Anniversary rings my bell every time I beat my LS1 Formula with it.

cameo white
    1976 Trans Am 455/4spd

Megaman, yes, ive been a member on there for a lil over a week now, but im not impressed. The fellas with the turbo cars seem to bully that site, even though I would agree that a turbo in that situation is better than the Rksport supercharger but ragging on any post on the topic supercharger is begining to irritate me. Especially when I'm trying to gather info on the subject.

camarov6 forum isnt too bad, but they need to clean up all the hundreds of reposts and sort out their good info and give definite answers.

0to60n4.5, im not sure you completely grasped the concept of my post. Specifically why would you want to trade in your Lt1 for an Ls1? Same as the GTOs. Is it just for the power? If so why own the car? Is it the power that makes you love the car? Or it it the car itself? Or do you have to own the newest baddest thing that comes out?
    Last edited by jerry caesar; 07-19-2006 at 10:57 PM.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

as far as the cobra comment 02, 03 ( correct) 03, 04 jerrry sick cars those are with a few k in mods but i like mine much better and btw great first post back there ..i used to own an 87 firebird v6 and i loved that car even though its a brick on wheels

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Ok V6 guys here it is for you...the "List"

WS6/TA/SS/Z28 you REALLY want...trust me YOU DO!! $10k

$6000--Your V6 trade in value
    $1500--Your sister pimped out 3 times for $500 a pop to local junkies
    $150---Stolen $$$ from your dads wallet
    $100---4 blood donations to diff Red Cross locations in the same day
    $200---4 sperm donations to local sperm banks
    $500---Sell your PS2 and every game you own on Ebay
    $450---Fuck a hooker and than kill her and take all of her daily earnings
    $500--pimp your little sister out again to whoever takes her
    $33.07--all the change laying around your house and in your car
    $566.93--One of your kidneys......who needs 2 anyway?
    =$10,000

Think about guys!! Isn't the above list worth it?? Chicks will love you and your newfound V8!!

green
    95 firebird

Ceasar, I don't venture into the forced induction section much, but that's a shame. I know Pathogen over there runs a supercharger and knows some stuff, if you wanna look her up.

Hurley~ Nice list. LoL. I just have to go out and kidnap someone's little sister.
    Last edited by MegaMan; 07-20-2006 at 10:53 AM.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan View Post
    Ceasar, I don't venture into the forced induction section much, but that's a shame. I know Pathogen over there runs a supercharger and knows some stuff, if you wanna look her up.

Hurley~ Nice list. LoL. I just have to go out and kidnap someone's little sister.

That list is $$$ well spent!!

White
    Chevy Camaro

Megaman, yes, ive been a member on there for a lil over a week now, but im not impressed. The fellas with the turbo cars seem to bully that site, even though I would agree that a turbo in that situation is better than the Rksport supercharger but ragging on any post on the topic supercharger is begining to irritate me. Especially when I'm trying to gather info on the subject.
    Like everyone else said... nice first post! I couldn't agree with you more about FTV6. It's the same people that run that site that actually post up........ If you say one thing that they don't agree with then you're pretty much the enemy from there on out.

cameo white
    1976 Trans Am 455/4spd

thanks everyone.

that and im glad some of you do agree with me about the v6 sites.

Mystic Teal
    98' Formula

0to60n4.5, im not sure you completely grasped the concept of my post. Specifically why would you want to trade in your Lt1 for an Ls1? Same as the GTOs. Is it just for the power? If so why own the car? Is it the power that makes you love the car? Or it it the car itself? Or do you have to own the newest baddest thing that comes out?
    You buy a car because you like the car , but whats the problem with getting the biggest Mill that was offered? I have done that in everything I have owned . for example- 2 snowmobiles that look and handle exactly the same - 580cc twin or an 800cc triple , sorry I opted for the 800 .. ...2 wave runners 701 twin or a 1100 triple , again I went for the 1100 .

Owning the newest baddest thing out is the dream of more people than you think and is also a lot of fun.

Your missing your own point on a few items: Anyone who had an LT1 already had a V8 for the reason that was obvious to them, so ya they most likely would want a LS1 if the can make it happen.

People bought the GTO for the power the car had not any other reason, So when the up the ante by 50 hp most wanted the newer model. Some can make the change , some can't.

Would your car ( 76 TA ) be as cool to you if it was a Firebird Esprit with a straight 6 , I don't think so.

And brand loyalty means a lot more to people than you think.

cameo white
    1976 Trans Am 455/4spd

I'm going to make one thing clear, Im not trying to make anyone look dumb, and I'm not justifying that we shouldnt buy v8s but that not everyone is power and speed hungry and dont try to justify that we all should buy V8's as the guy who originally posted.

I understand what youre trying to say but youre not staying with the topic of my post. Youre only picking certain things. Youve brought the subject of "cool" into the picture also. Which I believe in some of the above posts have been talked over. Which has nothing to do with this at all. Also, you have tried to justify everything so far with power. But not with what Ive been trying to get across, loving a car for what it is. Not constantly trading in just to get more power.

But I'll go through your replies and respond to each. Even though my original post still answers them.

there is no problem with getting the biggest mill, no one has ever mentioned that. Do it if you can, as you mentioned. Not that we were ever talking about snowmobiles to begin with either. What if we introduced the idea of wives? Find a better woman? Swap her? lol hopefully we love whom we have. But maybe you dont want to have the biggest baddest wet dream on the streets. Which isnt what this post is about, back to my original ricky racer, speed racer, boy racer persona(sp) or as you call it fun. Suspension, styling, etc. Maybe not everyone looks at the hp specs and calls it done.

And no im not missing anything about the Lt1 vs Ls1 ordeal. It's a perfect example for what im trying to show. Dont go about money again. Same with the goats, trade your new goat in just for 50 hp? So I'll just take your answer as "Power". Maybe the owner bought an LT1, but what makes you think hp will make him trade it in? To you OF COURSE POWER, And others as well. Which is what we are discussing right? Go ahead give up, trade her in. Why are people still driving modded lt1s? Happy with them? Or maybe in your reasoning waiting to save money?

And yes if I had a Firebird espirt in my Garage I would still love it, know why? It would be the same reason as to why I love my T/A. Apparently you missed it in the original post. I dont care how fast it is. Youre gonna tell me that espirt wouldnt get attention going down the road? I'm sure you'd laugh about how slow it would be if we ever met at a stop light, but I apparently can't get you around that idea.

And you took the brand loyalty out of context as well. I didnt want posts about FORD, DODGE, HONDA sux because I associated the supercharged mustang into my topic.

I understand that your all about power in a car, but understand that there are some people in this world who are not. So dont think the bottom line in the car world is money and speed. Racers, yes.

Oh yes dont think I'd like to have a 500 HP motor in my T/A, its just not what I want that car to have. I want a v6 car to tinker with, rebuild, boost, stylize. Heck I may even start with a lt1 car, since the market is full of them now due to trade-ins....
    Last edited by jerry caesar; 07-22-2006 at 02:57 AM.

I drive a V6 so that I can pay for my education and buy a fast enough and modded enough ride to waste your illiterate dumb ass once I graduate with my engineering PhD.

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    I know everyone says they bought a v6 for gas milage and efficiency, well my 2000 z28 gets 26 mpg bought it for 9000 and runs 13.1 stock, why buy a 17 sec camaro, by the way how much did you guys buy your car for. for as much as every try to make a v6 fast and the money they put into it they could of had a v8 car

here is some advise go on auto trader .com and you can fin a v8 usually lt1 but its better than a 6. i found one for 4900 with 122,000 miles not bad, ok u may have to drive a couple hundred miles but once you drive the 8 it all comes together. yah an 6 can be fast but you do loose drivability and reliability, plus the sound will never match up to a v8

if you can sell your car for 3500 if its worth it and get a 2 year 2000 dollar loan and you should be able to find you v8, if you have a job then 95 dollars a month for 2 years is cheap

TRUST me chicks love V8s, it gets them.....ya know

Thread Information