Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump V-6

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Like a salesman in smart enough to lift up the carpet at trade in time. Let alone even knows how to

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Like a salesman in smart enough to lift up the carpet at trade in time. Let alone even knows how to
    No joke. Stock cars go for WAYYY more than modded cars. A clean stock low low mile ws6 can go as much as a show quality 10 second ws6

1994 Z28 MQBM
    2001 SS #1629 LPM

just like anyone buying one has sense enough to look under the carpet for it....it would be happy as hell if it had been cut in my cars. at least it would have saved me 10 minutes on the change.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    No joke. Stock cars go for WAYYY more than modded cars. A clean stock low low mile ws6 can go as much as a show quality 10 second ws6
    That's exactly what I'm sayin too. I like to mod too I just dont like cutting.
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-11-2009 at 12:18 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r7 View Post
    just like anyone buying one has sense enough to look under the carpet for it....it would be happy as hell if it had been cut in my cars. at least it would have saved me 10 minutes on the change.
    You maybe right in some cases. But when I put up thousands of dollars I look at everything.

Red

When did $15k become real money? Hell, my truck cost $50k. I immediately altered that before it had 200 miles on it. As for only buying perfect examples for inflated prices, my daughter spent a whopping $800 on a beat up 3.4L Camaro, and has been slowly building it up cheaply. She has added a full leather interior, rebuilt the engine, new suspension and new brake system. Once she finishes body and paint, it will still be a V6 94 with no value. She will almost hit $4k by the time she is done, so I guess she saved a ton if you spent $15k on one. You have been talking about what you have done to increase power to the V6's, I would like to see pics and dyno footage of this please.

Red

Oh, and the full leather interior (with power seat) she got for $75!!!!!! Gotta love the Ricky Racer kids that yank everything out of the car and get rid of it!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Honesty dont have the slips any more and did'nt take video of it either never did. However I've been here long enough that most people here (including the friends I've made here) know I'm not a lier if thats what your insinuating. But I guess with only 81 post in over two years I'll cut you some slack. Also already stated (in another thread) I'll be posting pics of my builds as soon as I get all my shtuff back from the machine shop. 50k for a truck I consider that real money too, as do I 15k aswell. I actually can hardly wait to post my current build of my tdc v6. My Camaro is stock nothin done there got it 3 yrs ago paid off in one year. Nothing to prove man, dont need too. You seem to be a very knowlegdible person. Good, we can always use people who know their stuff. Hell I been messin' with cars for only 15 yrs or so, (still learning). I usually try to use my posts to help folks out, but most are only my oppinions takem for what they are, oppinions. Thanx for asking though. Enjoy the site I think you'll find most people around here get along 67rsss. You have a nice day now.......
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-11-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r7 View Post
    really more like an hour 10 minutes....but then your gettin old.......

the thing for me is time savings....i am a 50 y/o guy rolling around under a car has lost some of it's appeal(bending over it isnt getting any easier either)..... all in all it is good is to see you have some pride in your car and in the work you do on it.....mine is a 2001 z28 with 140k i cant hardly give it away these days.......but it is still of my 4 cars the funnest to bomb around in anyday........the 68 mustang(witch i would not cut a hole in) is a close 2nd

Red

I would still like to see pics! Not calling you out at this point, but I hear a lot about hopped up V6's and never seem to actually see any. As for only 81 posts here, I am branching out from Tech. It has become a very unfriendly place anymore, and all the ads make it so slow you get sick of it quickly. I do get a bit perturbed at some of the 'internet attitude' you see everywhere, and sometimes don't come across well. I also never seem to see the sarcasm in the posts either. As for building cars, I been doing that for almost 30 years. Got a few in progress right now. My signature doesn't seem to work on this forum, so www.fquick.com/67rsss I use the same name on all the forums, you may even run across a post or two of mine on Tech...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 67rsss View Post
    I would still like to see pics! Not calling you out at this point, but I hear a lot about hopped up V6's and never seem to actually see any. As for only 81 posts here, I am branching out from Tech. It has become a very unfriendly place anymore, and all the ads make it so slow you get sick of it quickly. I do get a bit perturbed at some of the 'internet attitude' you see everywhere, and sometimes don't come across well. I also never seem to see the sarcasm in the posts either. As for building cars, I been doing that for almost 30 years. Got a few in progress right now. My signature doesn't seem to work on this forum, so www.fquick.com/67rsss I use the same name on all the forums, you may even run across a post or two of mine on Tech...
    I hear ya about the adds and unfriendlyness. There's been some trolls around more and more it seems these days here too. I dont mind being called out, I just dont have pics yet cause I got nothing much done on my current build. Also I may change dirrection slightly on my built, still doin' the tdc but Joshiedoom got a brand new tdc just sittin' in his garage I'm considering given him an offer on. I did check out fquick, seen you got some nice classic projects too. Your 30 years is a alot more than I got for sure. I'm no pro, and most of what I do know is in the Chevy brands. I have found this to be the best site for info and good people there is on the web. I will definetly get up some pics in the (hopefully) near future. Had some real trouble these few days with my 3.8 Camaro. So all other projects have stopped for the moment. (Cat fell apart inside). I got the new one today and getting the rest of the exhaust tomorrow. Soon as my 60* tuner is done hope to have the Camaro under the knife for it's ls1 m6 transplant by June/July but I'd like to drive it till then too. Picked up a chevy cobalt 4-door 08' today to beat on for a while. I was only making 265 fwhp in my tdc before I ripped it down. It was fast but obviously not the fastest still lots of fun to drive. Any heat I catch is fine and expected for now. All I got is an old muddy sounding video of my 60* doing a few revs and shows the muffler I was useing. Myspace does my HD camera no justice and my tdc was very loud. I'm sure this summer I'll have some valid questions for you and others concerning my Camaro project too.
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-11-2009 at 05:54 PM.

do you get fuel smells after a while

Sofa King we Todd did

Black
    1990 Firebird

I have pulled many fuel tanks out in my driveway, on jackstands/ramps, and it doesn't take that long. Prop the car up in the rear with stands, front with ramps, put a jack under the differential and take the slack off the shocks. 2 bolts at the bottoms of the shocks, 4 bolts holding the sway bar to the axle housing and one bolt at the panhard to the axle housing, let the jack down and the rear will drop to the ground (don't forget the brake line bracket that holds the line to the body). Two more bolts and the tank can be pulled down far enough to do the swap. Trust me, it's not as bad as you guys seem to think.

Personally I wouldn't cut a hole in my or any of my customers' cars just to change a pump. If you need to change the pump more than once in the time you own your car, you are either 1) doing something wrong to toast pumps or 2.) had your car long enough to have 2 pump failures.

Just my thoughts, take it of leave it. The fbody is a unibody car that can already twist/crack under severe driving conditions, not my cup of tea to be hacking into one for something so simple.
    3.4/3500 Twin Turbo almost complete
    I have CNC machines, contact me if you need something. 3500 top ends available.

-John

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Forced_Firebird View Post
    I have pulled many fuel tanks out in my driveway, on jackstands/ramps, and it doesn't take that long. Prop the car up in the rear with stands, front with ramps, put a jack under the differential and take the slack off the shocks. 2 bolts at the bottoms of the shocks, 4 bolts holding the sway bar to the axle housing and one bolt at the panhard to the axle housing, let the jack down and the rear will drop to the ground (don't forget the brake line bracket that holds the line to the body). Two more bolts and the tank can be pulled down far enough to do the swap. Trust me, it's not as bad as you guys seem to think.

Personally I wouldn't cut a hole in my or any of my customers' cars just to change a pump. If you need to change the pump more than once in the time you own your car, you are either 1) doing something wrong to toast pumps or 2.) had your car long enough to have 2 pump failures.

Just my thoughts, take it of leave it. The fbody is a unibody car that can already twist/crack under severe driving conditions, not my cup of tea to be hacking into one for something so simple.
    Not another DOC....

Sofa King we Todd did

Black
    1990 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Not another DOC....
    eh?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Forced_Firebird View Post
    eh?
    lol Smittro will post up soon and all will be clear..

You 60* guys... lol

people people get it right hahahaha i gave Smittro the name THE V6 DOC not DOC

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    people people get it right hahahaha i gave Smittro the name THE V6 DOC not DOC
    lol... go buy another TA..

and cut the fuel door...

Thread Information