Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by timboo04 View Post
    i found an 02 LQ4 with 98000 miles i think mightbe a good candidate...does anyone know where i can go to get that cam sensor adapter...or would just splicing and exteding the plug out be more feasable...and also mine is a 98 and i know the 98's have a different program than the 99-02's...would the program still work
    I believe Texas Speed sold the adapter as well as many other vendors, you could also try Kentucky Speed who I believe is still a site supporter here?
    I'd do the adapter harness before I started hacking the original harness, it's doesn't cost that much. I'm sure the engine may start and run with your tune, but it's one of those deals where I'd want to get the thing tuned and dialed in asap. That 6.0 is going to require completely different fueling and timing tables to be optimal.

02 LQ4 is a good one. 98k isn't horrible, it's getting harder to find them with low miles now so you'll probably end up settling form something in the area of 100k anyway. I bought my 04 LQ4 with 80,000 and it now has over 100,000 without a hickup. Doesn't even use a drop of oil.

BLUE
    1998 Trans Am

yeah im not gonna get too crazy with this build...im gonna just get the motor in there and then worry about performance mods later...i just need to get it going down the road right now

BLUE
    1998 Trans Am

thanks alot firebird jones...yeah i was going to get it tuned anyway...it wont be a dyno tune but there is a guy here n town that does tuning i hear hes pretty good...im sure ill b back with more questions later
    1998 trans am bought in Feb 2011 completely stock!
    SLP air box lid
    black a/c knobs out of a camaro
    Royal Purple oil w/ Mobile One filter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information